[Help] CCC Could not start error.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by styka, Apr 28, 2015.

1. styka

styka Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB RD
    Guys I need help here, I just made an HTPC using a Asrock Z77 board paired with a 7850. Finished installing windows 8 64bit, I go straight to install the 15.4 drivers.

Well, apparently after it finished installing the drivers, there is nothing I can do as CCC wont even start at all, an error says that :

"AMD Catalyst Control Center cannot be started. There are currently no settings that can be configured using AMD Catalyst Control Center."

I tried reinstalling windows, trying different drivers, but the same error pops up again. Anyone can help me out here ?

2. MacT

MacT Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    New build? Is all the motherboard drivers installed? In device manager, under display adapters, does the 7850 show?

Installed Win 8? Or did you install win 8.1? Win 8 is not supported anymore. Could be that the drivers don't install on the win 8 - explains why CCC reports as such, because there might be no drivers. If it was just win 8 you installed, do the free upgrade to 8.1 and try CCC reinstall (suggest a DDU clean out of the old driver installation before doing the CCC reinstall).

3. styka

styka Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB RD
    Hi Mac, thanks for the response.

Im sorry, its actuslly a 7950, and yes on device manager it showed as a 7900 series graphics with WDDM 1.2

The mobo drivers are only for the chipset and the usb drivers, which i guess already works, so I didnt think it would matter. I dont have an internet connection setup yet for the htpc, so it is still from a W8 DVD. I'll try updating to W8.1 first then using a wifi dongle.

I'll get back after updating to W8.1

4. styka

styka Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB RD
    Thanks a lot MacT, apparently it was the windows version. You were correct, it didnt even install the driver, it installed everything else but the the drivers. So problem solved after the update to win 8.1 :)