GTA V crashes: latest driver or game ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mahanddeem, Apr 22, 2015.

1. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Not sure what's going on here. I've done 15 hours game time with the latest drivers and patch with all settings on very high and I've not crashed once. RAM usage starts off at around 6GB and hits 7GB after a couple of hours of gameplay. No hint of an issue. VRAM at around 3.2GB.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  2. rochyroch

rochyroch Member

GPU:
    Palit 980GTX SuperJet

Well played tonight and it crashed again at the end of a mission/heist when loading back to free roam.
    So i've tried stock settings no overclock.
    Even tried Windows 10 10061 & that's a different gfx driver to the 350.12 i'm running in Windows 8.1
    I'll try an earlier driver in Win 8.1 & see how i get on.

3. johnathonm

johnathonm Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 ti 12GB
    Well... I am joining the crash/lock up club. I was running things just fine over numerous sessions and now there seems to be a point where it keeps crashing again and again. I havent gone crazy with the troubleshooting but if I find anything interesting in my logs I will post.

Anyone else seeing anything in their logs?

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have experienced five crashes to the desktop while playing GTA V but four of those occurred while switching characters. Funny thing was that it wasn't until I was well into the Story Mode at the point during a heist where Franklin has to destroy a garbage truck and the game auto-switches to Michael that this issue became problematic because it would ALWAYS crash as the camera was zooming down to him. Tried it three times all with the same result and in the exact same place!

Annoyed, I checked the Rockstar Support Page where I saw a suggestion to re-enable the Landing Page as a possible fix for this crash. I had disabled it at some point (perhaps about 10 hours into the game) and the crashes started occurring after that. Anyway, I enabled the Landing Page, exited the game and reloaded it. After resuming the Story Mode (manually) I was able to complete that mission and play the game for 10+ hours without any crashes until I quit it of my own choosing. :)

It may be just a coincidence but the game does seem more stable now for me. Only time will tell though if the issue really is fixed.

5. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    I can play whole day, and no problem, until i go hunting. I even tried minimum details, which gives me ridiculously high FPS, but still random crashes on hunting.

6. grzesiek1515

grzesiek1515 Member

GPU:
    GTX1080 SuperJetStream
    Well, are you guys aware of that throwables bug ? If you use any throwable (grenades, bombs) and then get into car and start aiming from inside the vehicle or try to change character GTA V gets crashed. This is pure Rockstar failure.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Sounds like something that will be easily patched

8. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Here some weird thing,check fps (V-sync on,and you imagine right that it was stuttering as hell as long as I was doing burnout)

normal..:

[​IMG]

burnout......

[​IMG]

something's wrong with some particles/smoke stuff I guess. Also cpu and gpu's usage are actually lower..

9. deets75

deets75 Guest

i get crashes all the time unless I go to dx10 and then it just crashes every now and then.

10. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Hehe sorry for rage, I just get tired of people coming in here blaming games and drivers sometimes

11. rochyroch

rochyroch Member

GPU:
    Palit 980GTX SuperJet
    New patch today, one of the fixes is:-

'Improved stability and fixed several crashes and hangs while transitioning between Jobs in GTA Online.'

Hopefully it fixes the problem i've been having.

12. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    Not fixed for me

13. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Hey, I had crashes and issues with GTA V.

I had couple of problems that I fixed them.

First because I'm using Windows 7 SP1 x64 for a very long time I used RegClean Pro to clean a lot of crap registry entries over 5000, I'm not sure it will be your issue but it is worth to try. and defragment the registry.

Next because I have 3770k I could see that I have WHEA Errors in the event viewer about the CPU, for some reason after long time the cpu wants more voltage, instead 1.264 to 1.272 , I prefered not to use more voltage but just to enable LLC to Medium, before it was disabled and the voltage just was lower than 1.264 from what I set.

Next I used DDU to uninstall Nvidia and Intel drivers because I used the LucidLogix so I disabled the Intel GPU just to make sure.

I uninstalled the MSI RivaTuner Statistics too just to make sure , using only the MSI afterburner to overclock only the ram +250, no crashes

I made sure Prime95 and FutureMark extreme test are passing at least 30min without any error, CPU is not overheating.

I did the same for my Laptop Asus G751JT with 970 because I had some crashes there too.

Try not to use ShadowPlay or don't install it or any Overlay programs.

Make sure you don't have TeamViewer running on the same time, it can cause the crashes for some reason.

I would check your Event Viewer to check about any errors that shows a sign of the crash. at least give us more details, it is not the drivers , it must be something else.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  14. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    found the issue cos after i cleaned my PSU, one of the 6-pin inserted wrong place. fixed no more random reboot.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  15. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3080 Master
    More crashes with last patch. Everything else rock stable. Nvidia/R* better step up to the plate.

16. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    what u mean by crashes? just now my pc auto restart again.

17. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Guys is it me or the game AO is broken? I haven't had much time to play it lately and now after updating it looks like the AO is not working, I tried to switch between the AO settings but the image looks the same to me.

18. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3080 Master
    The infamous ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT crash for me, restart could be issue with power supply.

AO is semi-broken, there is a workaround somewhere.

19. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    ya one of my 6 pin connected wrong place. now no more issue.

20. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Hello, some updates here from OP,
    I did a whole fresh system install, 8.1 pro, did not disable pagefile this time, I left it at default windows settings(auto), 350.12 only driver and physics (no shadow play, 3D, etc.)
    Game patched now to 350.2. No crashes for around 20-30 hours game play.
    I guess the problem went away some how.

Edit: got a crash yesterday :bang:
    It's not the pagingfile, driver still in suspicion!

Last edited: May 5, 2015