RadeonPro GTA 5 incompatibility

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Blackfyre, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Go to the advanced graphics, put the first slider up to around 25% or 30% and the slider under that all the way up to 100%

Game looks a ton of times better, especially stuff in the distant (it's actually worth toning some settings down just for these to be higher).

2. fabiobad

fabiobad Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1
    Nothing, the same exact settings and i still have juddering in Full Screen mode...

Have you tried to play with a gamepad and turn the camera of 360°?
    I tried to play with mouse and keyboard and due to fast camera speed, the judder/stutter is less noticeable.

Your monitor is selected at 59 or 60HZ?
    I mean in right click on Desktop- screen resolution-advanced settings this will open monitor settings.

When you go from borderless and fullscreen, the monitor change signal?

3. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I have juddering with radeonpro vsync + triple buffering too, no juddering without.

4. fabiobad

fabiobad Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1
    I tested the in-game v-sync and i have juddering with 1920x1080, in both borderless and fullscreen mode.

If i play with any resolution between 1360x768 and 1680x1050 (the last res. before 1080p), the game shows me the "60HZ" number and with in-game vsync the game runs flawlessly at 60FPS, no judder/stutter or other problems.

I think that the game in 1920x1080, with any type of v-sync, runs at 58.9FPS, and i can't find any way to "sync" this framerate...

5. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    I have nfi how you guys are managing to hook gta5 with radeonpro, ive followed all your instructions to the letter. Are you running the non-steam vers or anyone using win8.1? Are you actually getting the rp overlay in-game?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  6. slowbeatle

slowbeatle Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X Sapphire tri 4gb
    try running as admin and it'll say a message, just click yes. That's what fixed it for me

7. admile5

admile5 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TriX 4GB
    I think the optimal display setting is Dynamic vsync without tripple-buffering. Borderless is generally too stuttery with variable framerate and tripple-buffering only introduces more latency. To enable DVC without TB i have to keep RP settings unchecked and only enable DVC once in-game by pressing the hotkey(shift-end or shift-home iirc). If you have 59hz problem then try forcing 120hz in RP.

8. xermit

xermit Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980ti @ 1470
    Is RP the only way to force vsync in GTA5? CCC isn't working for me. And is there a way to counter 59Hz without vsync? Tried borderless, but it consumed some fps. Thx in advance.

9. buzzkill36

buzzkill36 Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 280X BE
    here's some of my in-game screenshots using Radeon Pro with SweetFX...
    imgur.com/a/NT3gm

10. Swagata

Swagata Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    Hi there, I have tried everything. But raedon pro cant seem to work at all. I dont see much tearing. And fps is over 70 if i dont use in built msaa. But if i use v sync from game, the game becomes laggy. If i use riva tuner, the fps is limited but there is so much tearing. Raedon pro just doesn't seem to work.

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    are you yunning AB?

disable RTSS.

12. Swagata

Swagata Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    Sorry, what is AB and RTSS ?

13. Swagata

Swagata Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    If u r meaning Afterburner and Riva Tuner; both are closed/disabled. I am only using raedon pro. Still, cant get it to work at all. I have tried various setting. No luck. Fps is always over 60.

14. Swagata

Swagata Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    What is your graphics setting ? And what sweet fx u r using ? U use raedon pro ? or reshade ?

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X

16. Swagata

Swagata Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
  17. Swagata

Swagata Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    Which will be the best AA setting in radeon pro ? I have disabled in game MSAA and FXAA and enabled in radeon pro ; AA Override Application Setting 4x EQ, SMAA High and AA Mode Adaptive. Still getting constant 60 fps.

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    EQ woud be better, but its going to cost extra horsepower.

Adpative may not works if SSAA doesnt. Most dx11 games dont, as they are deferred renderers, and require support in the game before you can use it outside.

alternatively, you could turn MSAA back on ingame, and used "enhance" in RP to add extra coverage samples. You might have to do this to have any effect at all.

id go eqaa x8, msaa, edge filter, and SMAA. Work your way back to 60fps from there.

edge detect is by far the best filter, but boy is it gonna cost ya.

lol

heres a good primer: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=350890

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  19. Swagata

Swagata Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    first of all, i cant use eqaa x8 with enhance application setting in radeon pro. if i select enhance application setting, the slider is not available. hence, no in game msaa plus eqaa. again, in game msaa 2x is heavy and sometimes wont get 60 fps.

20. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    You might wanna check out that AA FAQ The Mac has linked to. It'll give you a better insight on what to expect regarding quality vs performance trade offs and vice versa.