Roccat KONE mice - any thoughts on them?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DSparil, Apr 20, 2015.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Logitech is THE "big brand name" when it comes to mice.... It's among the most well known brands in computing.

2. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Thank you and in fact, I did end up going with a Logitech after all in the G302! I was hoping to get it by the weekend, but alas, it appears to be on the slow boat (aka DHL to the USPS and then to me) bleh lol

[​IMG]

Maybe he was thinking about Labtech. lol ;)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  4. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Damn, that is still available!? Looks like I ordered my mouse too soon :giggle2:

5. JmanEspresso

JmanEspresso Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX980 FTW
    I have the Roccat Kone XTD, laser version.

Its a wonderful mouse. One thing I like that a lot of other mice don't always have, is the tilt function on the scroll wheel. I only use it in games, and it makes it hard to switch to my other mice, because thats two extra things I can bind to the tilt wheel and EASILY make happen when things is hectic on da interwebz battles.

I have three mice which I love, and will switch between.

Roccat Kone XTD
    Mionix Naos 8200
    Razer Deathadder

I havent used my DA in quite some time now, but its a great mouse. But, the Roccat and the Mionix, are much nicer IMO. Honestly the Naos 8200 is probably the most comfortable mouse out of all of them. And I like the clunky/chunky positive click the buttons have. Thats a bad description.. but the mouse buttons are very positive feeling.. akin to a membrane vs mechanical keyboard. The Naos is a superb mouse.

The Roccat, has a much different but equally comfortable feel to it. I palm grip btw, all of these work well in such use. I like the lighter feeling clicks on the Roccat. OH.. and how could I forget, the software package that comes with the Roccat, its outstanding. TONNNNNNS of customization options, you can bind ANY command to ANY button, MAcros galore, and it comes setup with the "Shift" function, where holding down a button you designate, while pushing anything else, gives a secondary function. Very, very nice software. The Mionix software, NOW, is good. Not nearly as extensive, but its got macro recording and sensitivity/color adjustment.. most importantly, it finally stopped crashing all the time with a semi sorta recent update.

The DeathAdder is the DA. Standard, go to, every PC gamer should own one in their time PC gaming, gotta have it in your drawer for those random COD4 midnight sessions, gamers mouse. Also I believe the most up to date version of the DA, is one of the highest DPI OPTICAL mice on the market.

(sidenote on optical.. the Roccat Kone XTD now comes in Optical, along with the current Laser version)

6. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Just an update to this thread. While I ended up going with the Logitech G302, but unfortunately I’ve decided to return it. Although it seems a very high quality mouse with some nice features, the shape of the thing is just flat out weird and does not feel comfortable to my hand at all. I gave it about 5 days to adapt and things haven’t improved. I think the G302/G303 shape may be suitable for someone with smaller hands, but for me the thing just isn’t that comfortable.

Since I can’t seem to find a Roccat Kone Pure Optical around town to test out, I decided I am going to pick up the Corsair Sabre Optical. It’s gotten great reviews, and after trying one out at a local Best Buy, I know for a fact it feels like a great fit for the claw grip! It has some nice features and supposedly features one of the best new optical sensors on the market. I hope for the best with this one, as I’ve never owned a Corsair mouse before.