Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I was thinking here @ guru3d, I saw 3-4 nv community staff checking driver threads, but you can @ nvidia too just to be sure :)

2. KopyKat007

KopyKat007 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SC
    Thanks for going through the trouble of looking but that is why i specifically asked PhazeDelta since he knew the line already :p

3. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    I use amd css. Never had this box issue.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thats exactly what the image Ice posted has:3eyes:

I doubt its a driver issue as this problem is also present on the console version. That leads me to believe that it wont get fix (if it actually broken as such), at least not unless console gamers start kicking up a storm about it.

Something something, Personal...Jesus
    http://imgur.com/gallery/tigpK7H

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://gtaforums.com/forum/326-scripts-plugins/

The script hook SDK for GTA V has been released and some users have already released a few new script mods, SDK as far as I know is only used to create these .asi script plugins and can't be used to recompile the actual injector so for now online is still secure but I'm almost certain it'll be hacked eventually, unfortunately.

EDIT: Other plugins/mods.
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/

6. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  7. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    No... he has a box around him... i have a Square LINE around me of light, that only apears in Places with shadows.

And seriously... you come and act like a know it all in regards to what IM seeing, when you havent seen it? Christ...

Im done talking to you.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It IS the exact same box. White just happen to choose an area with no shadows. That same box that is in whitelightings screen is the same box that affects shadow/texture detail.

The box is most apparent in dark areas such a roads and also the time of day. It makes the area inside the box lighter and more detailed, anything outside that box is rendered lower in detail. Its as if AF is limited to a tiny distance.

It can sometimes be removed by setting Extended Shadow Distance to max, but chances are, other shadows will not be rendered and the box will come back at random.

I've spent ages trying to remove it using various settings as it really distracts me. The only thing I've found to be of any really use, is to mask the issue by playing at a lower resolution as the overall image quality is reduced and lowers the obvious affect of the box due to everything being of lesser detail (shadows, textures etc).

If you really do have an entirely different issue. Then post a screen, as a "square line of light" is a new problem all together that i certainly have yet to be seen mentioned by anyone else.

9. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I've tried messing with the AO and it does not change a thing. I still get what I'd describe as ambient occlusion but it's highly inconsistent.

Makes me even more depressed HBAO+ has not made the cut, it would have been such an improvement over the unstable, grainy looking AO.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    even hong kong phooey is in the game LOL

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The nvidia guide says it completely broken and will be fixed shortly. I've tried driver forcing AO through inspector, but no luck.

The pop in from this game on everything from textures to shadows to reflections is getting to me the more i play it. Its extremely jarring. I think im going to hold off playing it further until mods or the dev fix it.

12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I read somewhere that the AF in GTA V has a limited distance on POM, so I think that's partly why it looks like AF is so limited, doesn't explain why shadows transition so poorly however, looks like they need a couple more levels of detail to smooth out the transition between high quality and low quality.

With the box that people are seeing it seems to me that it's meant be hidden just bellow the geometry of the ground most of the time, but certain road surfaces and walls reveal it, also it's completely independent of the characters direction, so it's probably something to do with how the game tracks a players position and lights the world and casts shadows.

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Theres also the affect it has on sunlight (at least at sundown). When i came out of the hospital, the sun was setting and i turned left to go down the road, the sun which was now on my right hand side (in the corner of the ingame character eye) and was about head height, the left half of it was normal brightness but the other half was much darker. If i turned to the right a little, the sun would go back to normal and if i turned back again the effect reoccurred.

There are just far too many annoying little visual bugs in this game. I can handle crashes, having to restart a missions due to bugs etc, but start messing with my eyesight and visual consistency/fidelity and i run out of patience real fast and loose interest.

On the gameplay itself, its extremely frustrating that i can jump thousands of feet off a mountain with a bike, land on the road below, bounce into a car and come off, then get back up and brush myself off and carry on, only to later on, hit a curb wrong and bounce on the grass and receive a WASTED screen. Or, speeding down the road smack into another car, go flying out the front, get back into the car only to find that the windscreen isnt even damaged. Why cant i put a seat belt on?

The game is soooo inconsistent as to its being realistic or not. I cant figure out if im meant to be playing by the rules or having fun.

14. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Understandable, but complex open world are prone to pop-in and jarring LOD transitions. I don't think it can be eradicated completely.

I put up with it and it does not bother me.

15. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Aren't you taking things too seriously? Are you sure you're playing a game?

16. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    do you guys think my current rig will be able to let me play this game with decent visualz while maintaining a reasonable framerate?

17. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    You really do have issues comprehending even simple sentenses... but we have established that fact on several occasions by now...

This is the issue im having
    http://i.imgur.com/v2DJRM6.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/88jQZJL.jpg

Aka NOT the same issue he is having.

18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I tend to play in 3rd person with the far camera so it's not really bothered me to much, only tend to find it distracting in 1st person.

Where the inconsistencies in damage are concerned it's all extremely variable, slide across the ground on your ass and you're probably going to survive, hit a grass verge fairly heavily or head first and you're probably dead, putting a seat belt on is determined by how quickly you leave after getting into a vehicle (was the same in GTA 4) although it's never actually explained in game, bit like how when exiting a vehicle a long press will turn off the engine and exit the vehicle while a quick tap is likely to just hop out the car and leave the engine running.

It's actually things like this I love about the game.

19. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Guest

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB
    My friend has this game with the following setup : Q9550@3.2, ATI 5850 1GB, 4GB RAM so not far off your spec and from what I've seen of him playing it, it was smooth as butter.

Oh he said he has Vsync set to half (30fps) and 1680x1050 res. Hope that helps.

20. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    only on low settings mate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.