Will I see a difference

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by YankeeDiver, Apr 22, 2015.

1. YankeeDiver

YankeeDiver Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX790
    I am currently running a FX-8150 on a Sabertooth 990FX R2 mobo. This combo has been running great for over 3 maybe 4 years now. I am thinking about upgrading the CPU from the FX-8150 and getting the FX-8370. My question is this. Will I see that much of a difference in this upgrade or should I get the FX-9370. My power supply is not an issue nor is cooling the 9370. I am using the coolmaster V8 120mm dual CPU fan.

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Probably not worth it if youre running 4.5ghz or better. Save up for an intel setup

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Whats Vishera about 10-15% faster than Bulldozer clock for clock? I would save up for intel as well.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    At this late in the game I would be looking at Intel too tbh.

However..........in saying that, if you're OK to wait for DX12 upgrading may be unnecessary. Depends on your budget and whether u need to upgrade or not....

All myDX11 stuff runs great on Vishera, but it's also a dead socket, can u upgrade on Z97 if u need to from like i5 - i7? Ask TK?..

5. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    If you can wait for the next AMD CPU's it will be about a year sometimes in 2016, If you need to upgrade now and want the best then Intel. the FX-9XXX's are good but not much of an upgrade from what you currently have.

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    The FX-9XXX are a joke, they are just super overclocked/binned 8350's with insane TDP and come with AIO coolers out the box.

They also need specific motherboards that can actually deliver the power needed.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    From his bulldozer chip even an i5 4460 would be an good upgrade, lol. Like others said, save up and go with Intel next time.

8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Or save up and get AMD Zen next year. Ignore the idiots who say AMD Zen will be no good, they have absolutely no idea (or are just biased towards Intel). Of course, I have no actual idea either because no valid proof of the performance exists, but it looks promising.

9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Not worth it at this point. It would be better to save up for an Intel system at this point. Or wait until the AMD Zen based CPU comes out.

10. Graudigyen

Graudigyen New Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 290X OC 4GB
    You have a great overclocking motherboards. Simply overclock your Bulldozer slightly for over 10 % to in range around 4 - 4.2 Ghz and than continue from there. Wherever you stop with overclocking after that point, any performance differences with FX-8370 will be quite marginal or non-existent.

Also in few months we will all benefit from DX 12 increased performance in incoming games, so this is all money saved towards 2016 - to spend it on Zen or something from Intel. Just my 2 cents.

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Wait for Zen, or go Intel once Skylake comes.

12. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I went from FX 8350 (mainboard problem) to my current system I have seen huge gains in gaming it was worth the upgrade.

I am pleased I didn't get another AMD mainboard and upgraded to an Intel system I am hoping AMD come back with something really good in 2016. We need good competition to give us better CPU,s

13. YankeeDiver

YankeeDiver Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX790
    Thanks guys. I was afraid of that. I think I will wait. I do not mind going to Intel but I am not ready to build a new rig just yet.

14. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    Same here man, the main thing about the fx 9XXX's is that you would need good cooling. Honestly if you want to upgrade from the 8150 to a 9370 then you would be better off than going to the 8370. For either CPU you need the cooling though, a good air cooler or closed loop liquid.