Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Los Santos was covered in snow on the console version over Christmas so those files are probably still present in the PC version.

2. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    It may snow during the winter in GTA Online, something that happened on the console versions.

3. binaryStar

binaryStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC 1450/7800
    Can anyone tell the difference between High Res Shadows on or off? I notice no difference in quality with it off, and gain about 8-10 FPS. Am I missing out on anything that I'm just not seeing with them set to off?

4. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Depends on the shadow setting you use I guess, the softer the option you choose will mask aliasing on the shadows and fidelity etc. Take a look at the performance guide over on the Geforce website where it show's comparison shots.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/grand-theft-auto-v-pc-graphics-and-performance-guide

5. binaryStar

binaryStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC 1450/7800
    Thanks! I use the "softest" option as the Nvidia option is very taxing for me. I suppose I will just leave high res shadows off.

6. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    man, everytime it's patch updating, it kills my internet bandwidth like everything else halts to a stop and it frequently loses connection while updatingg. Rockstar servers are horrid.

7. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Cool, i wasnt aware ! :) Though it might get semi depressing if we ONLY get snow ingame... i find the sunny tropical theme delightful, as the country i live in is quite the oppersite :p

Oh and im totally enjoying the Adder... seriously nothing can stop it - offroaders, go home! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Rockstar didn't crack down on GTA IV modding (that I'm aware of) why would they suddenly crack down on GTA V? They'd be a fool.. Modding GTA PC drives PC sales.. If it wasn't for modding GTA IV replay ability would have died long ago.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ah what a game... Spent the evening driving around looking at properties, bought a nice house in the Chiliad mountain area, very nice :)

Took a couple of detours while driving around oops...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Gotta love a hit game.. I got a friend request on launch day of GTA V from this guy..

Then this hilarity.. Read that url closely.. [Edit: Decided to edit it out.. Just in case someone was dumb enough to attempt to go to it still]

I haven't had anyone attempting to Phish me on Steam for years.. Then GTA V is released and suddenly... Who the heck falls for this stuff? "He lagging".. Yeah that must be the reason.. :wanker:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015

11. Drogean2

Drogean2 Member

GPU:
    na
  12. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Finished it......great ending too.
    Aside from the Heist bug and it crashing everything else was great.
    Worked awesome on Dx11 and pushing 2500MB on 2000MB vram.

Well done Rockstar excellent port.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The GTA V executable shows as v1.0.335 for me, updated from v1.0.331 as I checked the old game folder version against the one in the Downloading folder.

I've had a least three updates now. The 4.7 GB one is likely the 5 GB one I was hearing about around launch and the latest one was 10 GB for me. Why, I don't know, but the game plays fine so hopefully future updates will be the same size as everyone else.

P.S. Noticed the size of the game folder has strunk from 62.8 GB to 60.6 GB so maybe the large download had something to do with that...replacing larger files with smaller versions? Just a pure guess though.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  15. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    GOD DAMN THIS GAME... haven't even started missions yet - just roaming around lol :D

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I know right :D Ive done up to preparation for the first robbery! I am actually quite happy that you get a choice in those, i can do opposite to what i did on PS3 :)

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks Jonas!

As per that guide
    Ambient Occlusion - Not working - Will be fixed in upcoming patch:

18. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    The teleport crash? Yeah, done that mission 3 times, keeps crashing there. Think im done for now with this.

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  20. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    This game is just amazing !! blowing my whole time into it, just awsome ^^
    surround throws my titans on its knees tho, averaging 32 fps with almost the eyecandy up.
    DSR is just fine, i played the game 50 hours like that, then decided to give surround a try. Man o man this is just pure happynes on tri screen, wish everybody could experience it ! (just wishing)

:infinity:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.