"Protesters" preventing students from attending class

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by (.)(.), Apr 21, 2015.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Just seen this while browsing that vile toxic website Imgur, not sure of the full story, but this **** makes me angry.

http://imgur.com/gallery/T0wWaRb

News link
    http://www.dailycal.org/2015/04/14/...ce-brutality-express-campus-climate-concerns/

Protesting Police Brutality... yeah right oh. Stopping students from attending classes they won even be able to pay off for quite some years is not protesting police brutality. I'd like to see a minimum of 2-3 years of imprisonment for anyone who's protests prevents other citizens from going about their business to earn or learn or preventing access to food outlets, pharmacies and hospitals.

If even the Westboro Baptist Church said make a donation to us and well make these sort of protests go away, id get a loan from the bank. Im not a violent person, but Id not be walking around a free man right now if i was there and being prevented from attending class by these over sensitive, over-entitled twats.

I find hilarious that none of these protests ever take place outside a police station.
    Should be shot, the lot of em.

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I am for protesting police brutality, but not at the cost of others such as this.

They did this couple weeks back in NYC, blocking roads so people cannot get to work, pick up kids, doctors appointments, etc etc. This is doing nothing but inciting more problems. The whole point of protests for a cause such as police brutality, is to not replace one issue with another. At that point, they are more so forcing their views upon other people which is something I cannot understand.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They should stick to twitter and tumblr.

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I have seen a video of Protesters who blocked entire roadway which prevented people from going to work and backed up traffic for a ways. Plus I feel that the protesters should get a similar treatment as Westboro being allowed to protest but not next to the entrance but a good 100 feet away from the entrance and do not prevent anyone from going anywhere. In this case if I were one of these students I would have called the cops and say these protestors are blocking my path to go where I need to go which is detaining someone without cause is a crime.

5. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Do you realize it's UC Berkeley? The protest capital of the world.

So they should all be shot?? I don't even know why I'm responding...

6. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Campus police saw the whole thing and even agreed that what they were doing was not in their rights, and were breaking the law but did not want to cause any issues.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    If the police are so bad at their jobs, why dont they go protest outside the police station and stop them from getting to work.

Nah, havent got the bulls for that.

I obviously didnt mean it, but on the other hand.

If these students that were so smart and managed to get into college, and this is their idea of a contribution or a solution to society and its problems, then why not. They're of no use if they think that the best way to fix problems is to prevent people from accessing education.

Todays protesters are not interested or simply dont know how to provide solutions, they just want to be seen acting like they contributing as it gets internet points.

Our social media poisoned society is acting like the world owes them something. It doesnt. People need to learn to either provide a solution, or forever hold their peace.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  8. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Problem with protesters is always the same thing, they claim to be non violent or hostile but end up inciting riots, panics, and problems. Few years back the protests on Wall Street where people were arrested because protesters were unruly, blocked sidewalks, streets, pushed bystanders, and because of this police reacted and threw tear gas, nets, and arrested people. My wife and mother in law were two that were just in the area to get back to their hotel which was very near where the protesting happened, and were detained because of it. Nothing came from it because they had nothing to do with the protesting(as nothing on record for either of them), but they will forever have that traumatic experience.

9. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    You think protesters should be shot or imprisoned, yet you qestion their level of intelligence?

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    And they think that preventing other students from getting the education they paid for is a solution to police brutality? While also assaulting anyone who tries to force their way through.

Yeah, im questioning their intelligence.

Like I said, if the police are so bad at their jobs, go protest outside a police station and prevent them from getting to work. Or take one step further, drop out of college and go join the police force.

11. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    They should be imprisoned if they are breaking the law.

Yes, they have a right to speak freely. No, they dont have the right to be listened to, and that includes interfering with others freedom to go about their lawful business.

12. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    If they are breaking the law then they sure as hell should be imprisoned.

People seem to forget the boundaries of their rights such as freedom of speech. Yes, you have the right to say what you want to say but this does not mean it has to be heard by others.

Freedom of Assembly, you are allowed to maintain a protest but you are not allowed to incite riots, cause panic, use violence, or use force/ which is what they are doing.

In other cases, protesting can lead to other illegal actions such as violent riots, soliciting, property damage, looting as such was the case in Ferguson Missouri.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    If I would have been there I would totally have gone bull charge in them without giving a ****. The heavier, the better. This aggresive and stupid "protest" is nothing more than neo-communist bull**** at it's core, and it's really worrying that so many buy it.

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    This isn't protesting. This is just people being arseholes.. Where's the tear gas when you need some?

16. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    They sound like a bunch of left wing retards, we have them over here calling Nigel Farage racist and then calling a mixed race UKIP MP an n-word

Leftists are scum, they dislike freedom of speech/expression, these are the typcial bellends you see protesting outside a prison when someone is getting capital punishment.

17. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    I like how they're all protesting against racism against black people and how hard they have it, and then it loops right to a group of black guys trying to get through.

18. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    This is why they are also known as Bezerkley.

19. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It's Berkeley, there's probably only a handful of ****tier names in "higher" education.

20. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    I could be wrong...but I think those black kids were in on the protest and were just giving a nice "photo op"..just pretending to be unable to get through. If it were me and I'm literally paying thousands of dollars a day to get an education and they block my path...I'm swinging on them.