Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I try to fit in a round of golf with Michael at dusk every day.

2. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    There's also a few options in the settings.xml that don't show up in-game but I've yet to test them.

I'm still fiddling around with in-game & SweetFX AA options and my GPU OC so I can run the game at 1440p. I'm getting around 55-60fps but it drops as low as 50fps while driving. The game still needs a bit more optimizing from Rockstar and Nvidia but it's early days.

3. jujuom26

jujuom26 Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 670 GIGABYTE O/C
    I noticed a little problem with vehicules LOD
    There is a way to improve that by tweaking ?

4. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Loving the game so far, probably have like 70 hours.

I will say Online is a complete mess. PvP is horrible because of the p2p connections and there's no party system so you spend half your life in a menu.

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I do wish that cars had that sense of weight they had in GTA IV, likewise with how the driving camera was slightly just off center when driving.

The game comes on leaps and bounds often just as you are starting to feel it's slacking off and becoming a little boring. I bought an airfield with Trevor last night and am now flying and driving my way to pick up $5000 and $7000 packages to slowly get a return on my $150,000 investment stake. Love how the game makes you feel like a pro whenever you manage to land the plane back on the airstrip.

Anyway yeah Micheal is easily the most relatable character without question, the whole scene where he smashes his kids tv because he's sick and tired of providing while not engaging was just so perfectly done. Then the bike ride. My problem is right now Frank has all the cash while I've only pulled off one single heist with Micheal. He also has a Bugatti sat in his garage which I wish I could sell in the single player campaign as my experiences online have been pretty awful so far. I just don't find it fun or rewarding at all.

6. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    IMO,online is really only fun if youre either Drunk,high,a mix of both...or play it with some buddy's.It's just too much carnage allover ( espec when still being low lvl with no money )..Trying to find a proper car,get shot by some random,trying to earn some money,get shot..robbing a store and driving away from the cops,some kid following u to kill you...coming out of the garage,some kid waiting to shoot you...coming out of my house,some guy waiting with a tank..Yeah,stuff like that gets old real quick though.

7. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    This game is my new drug, can't stop playing it :D

Lessons learned:

- don't ever set MouseInput to DirectInput. Use Raw Input.

- eating snacks in MP to replenish health is best done when IN COVER & 3RD PERSON or INSIDE A VEHICLE to not see the eating animations to heal faster. You can also eat without animations when zoomed in with a weapon while using the quick menu but that only works with a CONTROLLER. (quick menu on keyboard will reset weapon zoom/ironsight)

- i wish they was a walk button. Walking with a controller & aiming via mouse is best for now

- MSAA can turn your radar screen invisible if set to 'just blips' like mine. ( if i use the full radar screen i tend to pay too much attention to it and have way more accidents)

- you can steal cars in MP and sell them to mod shops every 45mins (i use a countdown clock). Simeon only asks for specific vehicles via txt once per day - you need to repair & respray before bringing them. Every now and then Simeon also asks for 1 specific vehicle to be stolen which will show to all players on the map as a green icon. Other players will know when you pick it up and may try to repo it from you.

- money transports are best opened with a sticky bomb.

- if you want to get in a locked vehicle silently shoot a side window with a silenced weapon while sneaking, wait for the alarm to end and then enter

- the best positions to loose your stars are the tunnel exits in the water canals to the east of the map. There is one exit directly at the northern end of the canals. It's easy to get 5 stars and then disappear into the tunnels.

- if you want to go diving after money suitcases, buy the sonar deck (250k), then meet a lady on the deck as Michael. That will trigger a side mission which provides you with a boat and diving equipment. Locations to the money packages here: http://www.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/Hidden_Packages

8. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    its the other way round for me.....Raw Input feels very odd

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Same, Direct Input works best for me.

10. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Ok. I get hickups and fps can go down from 60 to 30 when looking east for some reason.

It's the same for me & my brother. We both have logitech mice, so maybe thats why. (G9 laser)

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    vsync bug. alt tab out and back in

12. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Aaaah! :D so i might give direct input another chance i guess

13. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I use the Windows setting, I find that it works fine.

14. lantian

lantian Guest

agreed had the same thing with random drops to 30fps with vsync on, once i turned it off to my surprise it never dropped below 55fps, the in game vsync has some serious issues, but what about forcing it on through nvidia control panel, has anyone tried it, is it bugged aswell?

15. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    in game vsync halves the FPS for me when there are drops, using nvidia vsync runs like normal.

16. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Yeah, I have better results with NCP vsync, with in game vsync I'm limited to a max refresh of 59 so it never feels smooth.

In game vsync off
    NCP vsync on
    RTSS capped at 60
    Mouse: direct input

Smoothest settings for me.

17. NODO-GT

NODO-GT Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    I also preferred driving physics from GTA IV. I guess they where too hard for some players and they got this easier handling in V. 100% sure there will be mods for that soon.

I had great hopes for GTA Online, after watching so many funny videos on youtube. I'm trying to make my friend buy GTA, then it could be fun.

18. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    GTA IV driving was terrible. Like a bouncing ball, totally ridiculous.

19. lantian

lantian Guest

ok then, ill try nvcp vsync as well thx

20. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    The driving is OK for an arcade game, its no Colin Mcrae, but it will suffice.

The flying on the other hand is meh, I wanted it to be more Battlefieldy, use mouse to steer and fly, alas I have to be two hands on the keyboard - lame.

Everything else so far about this title has been worth it ,worth every penny, worth every minute waiting for a PC version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.