Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti

2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    So you actually tried your CPU at stock?

It is kind of funny seeing people with marginal overclocks, be it their CPU or GPU blaming software yet unwilling to except that their system just is not stable.

I'm not directing this at you solely, reading this thread and seeing people say latest video drivers are unstable with their overclocks when older drivers are fine, but the new drivers also work fine when they do away with or lower their overclocks.

And on the CPU side the same thing.

3. lubomir

lubomir Guest

Thatl be me then lol. Didn't know this. Installing another 4gb this week.

However when i set the game lto lowest of low settings at 800x600 i still get the stuttering happening at the same places (Not long after i follow Lamar in the intro race. Usually around the movie studios it starts to be exact)

4. lubomir

lubomir Guest

Thanks. and thanks Blaugznis for the earlier reply too.

Trie changing dir and changed the timeout to 60.

Still the same ol s%*t

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015

5. basagre28

basagre28 Guest

GPU:
    AORUS GTX 1080 TI
    any fix guys? running on win 8.1 i already try reinstalling the social club but i also cant uninstall the old one so i just directly install the new one Social Club v1.1.5.8 but still has stopped working,
    [​IMG]

6. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Cheers i'll try dropping the extended shadow distance see if it helps at all.

Regarding Reshade, i was using v 0.17.1 but only for SMAA.
    It cost about 3fps only.

However gave problems starting the game and in menus (pausing/sound skipping)
    Once actually ingame it was fine though.

Workaround was to change effects to be toggled off on startup, then manually toggle it on once ingame.

Oh and .dll had to be renamed to d3d11.dll

Note:SMAA worked well, but i find i need at least x2MSAA supplemented with MFAA to get rid of aliasing/crawling lines caused by motion

7. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    how to you use the social club app while in the game? I press home on the keyboard. and it brings it up but thats it.

keyboard and mouse and controler have no effect on it.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thought I'd play GTA V this afternoon only for Steam to tell me I have to wait an hour for the game to validate first!!! 15 minutes later I am still (obviously) waiting with 45 minutes to go. I can't even play Mortal Kombat X either because the game is installed to the same drive as GTA V and the validation causes its loading to stall! Sometimes Steam really sucks.

Is the mandatory validation a new thing then because previously I have only ever had to do that manually (as part of the troubleshooting when games do not load) yet I have had this twice now with two different games. Both large games needless to say (the other was ironically Mortal Kombat X at 35 GB).

9. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Same here. Does anyone know what the defaults for each of those was please? I sadly did not make a backup. Dohh.

10. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Originally Posted by milamber View Post
    To fix the shadow LOD bug update these values in settings.xml:

<Shadow_SplitZStart value="1.000000" />
    <Shadow_SplitZEnd value="1.000000" />

Same here. Does anyone know what the defaults for each of those was please? I sadly did not make a backup. Dohh.

EDIT: Double post? Please delete first. No idea how that happened. I clicked edit post and then save changes and I had 2 posts.

11. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    <Shadow_SplitZStart value="0.930000" />
    <Shadow_SplitZEnd value="0.890000" />

12. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Thanks harkinsteven. Needed that!

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    So there is a 4.7 GB patch that is downloading for me now after a 50 minute validation. I have to wait another 20-30 minutes for that to download. Please don't tel me that the game has be validated prior to downloading new patches because that means me having to 50+ minutes each time? :(

14. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Brilliant game.. from graphics to performance and story. Fun game to tinker with to get running perfectly as well. I'll be playing this one for a long time to come.

15. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    You should crack it, you payed for it so it won´t be a problem...

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The in-game AF sucks big time. I forced it via the driver instead and now it looks like a real 16xAF. :banana:

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thank you game...did the Trevor plane sequence and was just about to land when the game froze and now i have to start from the very beginning by the ATV -.-

18. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I finally got the DL to complete. But it crashes a lot. Has horrible vehicle control sensitivity, jagfest on highest settings but does at least do constant 60fps. They didn't nail down the first person feel at all but until the random crashes stop it doesn't matter atm. I always have the worst luck with GTA on PC.

19. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    How can you limit your frame rate in this game please?

20. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Goodbye SLI GTX 680 2GB and hello single Nvidia GTX 980.. Thanks to GTA V.. :)

I was floored when I for whatever reason checked Best Buy and they actually had one in stock in a store. Since when did BB get away from low-end mid-range cards and actually start carrying the good ****? Let alone reference models.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.