windows 10 new driver 15.20-wNxt-150401a can't overclock

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by FearME, Apr 17, 2015.

1. FearME

FearME Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    yes ULPS is disabled
    it show 0/0 in msi after burner

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Untill some kind of "stable" or even "beta" stage AMD driver on W10 don't expect to be able to do a proper OC in W10.

The OS is still on preview (alpha?) so a posible new AB versiĆ³n to fix this could last a few days before new changes in OS or AMD driver.

3. Dynastar

Dynastar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Ti SC
  4. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Guest

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    overclocking is working for me, build 10056 x64

5. FearME

FearME Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    will i'm on 10049 maybe that the cause of the problem i will update to 10061

6. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
  7. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    Hey peeps :)

I am running the latest win10 tp 10074 release (upgrade method from day1 release to current)...

Overclocking (AB) is working well for me with this driver, but I have noticed that I get a significant performance drop in FPS when running this latest WU WDDM v2.0 driver...

GTAV runs silky smooth on my msi twin frozr III R7870 OC gpu (High settings, 2gb vram limitation, native clock speeds) using the 15.4 beta driver release (win8.1 x64).

However, when running WDDM V2.0, if I drive fast, the the graphics jump forward intermittently as though the gpu is trying to catch up with the cpu (lagging somewhat). Also on WDDM V2.0 the textured surfaces of the roads, some buildings and other random objects appear completely white or are just completely transparent.

This never happens when using 15.4 beta release, in fact, every single game I own (insert huge number here :p ) runs faster, smoother & with higher FPS output when using 15.4 beta (best driver to date for me)..

WDDM v2.0 also breaks the .exe of many of my games resulting in a failure to launch (various error numbers displayed)... The Evil Within, Dragon Age : Inquisition, Mortal Combat X to name but a few recent game releases affected...

It seems clear to me that WDDM v2.0 is broken for win10 tp and should therefore be removed from WU...

There is currently no way to stop WU from pulling the driver back into the system that I am aware of and it's really pissing me off that win10 tp keeps trying to re-install the sucker every time it checks for new updates (even though I keep rolling the damn thing back)...

Any thoughts on my experience or corroborating experiences would be appreciated...

Peace peeps... ;)

Rig Specs...

OS : Win10 TP 10074 (upgrade method from legit 8.1 x64)...
    CPU : FX6300 @4.5ghz...
    Mobo : Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P...
    GPU : MSI Twin Frozr III R7870 GDDR5 2gb OC...
    Ram : 16gb DDR3 1600mhz (9,9,9,24 cas)...
    CPU Cooling : Corsair Hydro H60 closed loop liquid...
    PSU : Corsair CX750 (bronze edition)...

More than enough to run anything released so far (tried n tested ;) )...

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  8. FearME

FearME Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070
  9. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    You're running a pre-release driver on a pre-release Windows version. That should say it all.

10. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    @FearME, Thanks for the pointers hombre, I'll be sure to check out the links ;)

@Valerys, Please don't get me wrong bro. I am fully aware of the limitations and potential issues that will inevitably arise from running a beta OS & beta GPU driver in tandem.

My aim was to confirm my findings regarding the WDDM driver and to find a solution to the WU re-install problem... Simple as that...

Peace :kermit: