Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    There's more than a few easter eggs. A couple collectible hunts open up later when you meet certain people. But you're really supposed to be using your imagination. :nerd:

2. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra

There are areas where Watch Dogs looks better.. But who cares though since Watch Dogs performs like crap..

If you take into consideration how GTA V looks, and then add EVERYTHING that is going on at the same time.. GTA V > Watch Dogs.

All the AI, all the damn shadows, traffic, trees, and various other dynamic aspects. GTA V feels like a legit living, breathing, functioning city.. Watching Dogs felt like an empty hollow Hollywood movie set with the best CGI rain effects ever and stuttered if you looked at it wrong..

Watch Dogs = OMG THE RAIN!!

GTA V = OMG EVERYTHING! And it runs at 60 FPS with ease.

This isn't even near highest settings and I'm more than thrilled with it..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  3. Snarkoid

Snarkoid Member

GPU:
    evga GTX 980 Superclocked
    Re dynamic shadows in headlights. GTA IV vs. GTA V comparison:

pikbox.ru/img/15/20150416072103570Comparison.jpg

NPCs have shadows when standing in the headlights of the car you are driving. But your player character has no shadow when standing in headlights of a car.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thats a real shame tbh. The shadows cast from headlights in GTAIV were and are still some the best ive seen in a game, at nighttime at least. Every little item on the footpath etc that cast a shadow on walls while driving around really makes gtaiv come alive at night imo.

Are there character shadows on the ps4/x1 versions?

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    ...What? V-Sync? G-sync, unless useless in this game which would be horrible, makes v-sync not matter..... Unless your point was to say that it would make the GPU not be used as much, lower temps, etc. But i'm not sure who would sacrifice lack of input lag for lower temps unless their system needs it, which in reality means they need to fix their system, not put v-sync with half-sync on

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well I'm running a very mild OC on CPU @4.2GHz (2133 RAM XMP), and was surprised to see a max temp of 66 C, if I would go back to my top OC of 4.8GHz the game would most certainly reach 90 C... fast, especially now with summer coming. So I do think it's rather a CPU milking game, you have great temps though.

As for GPUs, max temp 74 C on GPU1, 58 C on GPU2 @1554/7908 MHz is just fine.

I didn't have any crashes in this game yet.

Yeah, it's silky smooth this way. I'm loving it. :banana:

7. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Going very well here temps on my cards are around 60-70c on the top and 55-65 on the bottom, my cpu is oced to 4.2 and am getting 45-55c.
    I have my panel set to 120hz and definitely notice the difference when G-Sync is enabled, my fps are ranging from 80-120, Really enjoying this game not usually my thing but i thought i would give it a go:)

8. asskicker2

asskicker2 Guest

GPU:
    b
    Do I enable that through NVIDIA Control Panel?

9. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Did you Guys read reason 1 ? No? Alright...

This was ofc said with the assumption that g-sync did not function correctly in this game (as per reported by alot of people on the net), Thus was turned off.

10. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    G-Sync's working fine here too.

I'm not a fan of the flight controls, I'm thinking of using a gamepad whenever I have to use a plane.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    FPS remained the same but changing that setting removed the stuttering I had when rotating the camera. Now the overall experience really feels like 80-100fps and not like 50 or less FPS.

12. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I did read your original post and I don't see it as a solution to run at 120hz vsynced when you have spent hard earned money on a G-sync monitor, Gsync works in this game, I'm running Gsync at 100hz 1440p downsampled without issue and 144hz at 1080p works perfect as well, if there is an issue then it clearly isn't effecting everyone, I am running latest 350.12 drivers so maybe it's due to older drivers I don't know, anyway I don't appreciate your tone mate so feel free to ignore my posts, cheers

13. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Only got my 970's yesterday so have done a driver sweep and full driver re-install for those. I will try dialling back the factory OC if it happens again. TBF I played for about 7 hours yesterday :eyes: and it only crashed the once!

Added Note: Temps are also fine for me too max 64c on the top card & max 42c on the bottom card.

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    guys im gonna buy the physical copy but can i have someone give me a direct link for his backup of the social club patch? coz everyone is saying its verynslow to download thx for the help.

15. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    her's the difference between default extended draw distance (0) and max extended draw distance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

when moving/driving its hard to notice, and the game is already very beautiful to look at even when its not activated, actually i couldnt notice the difference until i stopped and took these screen shots, getting it to max is pretty taxing in VRAM/FPS

but i could maintain 60fps @1080 while having at max, but as you already know going to the country side or to a zone with heavy vegetation will kill the fps even more if you have ultra settings for trees and grass

also Nvidia PCSS is kinda badly implemented, will post SS of it weird behavior later

16. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    That really does show it is a barely noticeable difference. I think the only time it needs to be cranked up is when flying IMO

17. goma

goma Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    It's pretty invisible the difference. How many fps less when using extended draw distance?
    Using very high instead ultra for the grass should help for fps killer

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Guys, I know that there is no real Co-op for the story mode but what about Online? Can I play with just one friend and set my game to Private just to play with her? What do you do online? Is it just side missions/heists? Does any online activity affect Story mode?

19. NODO-GT

NODO-GT Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    Softest Shadows - 62FPS
    Nvidia PCSS Shadows - 52FPS

Performance hit of PCSS shadows is almost 20%.

20. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    I am going to sum up one word with GTA V

POLISHeD
    :banana:

It shiats all over that crap Ubisoft watchdogs and am thoroughly enjoying the missions.
    Am using msaa x2 with tsaa on and fxaa off and all other features max with Nvidia card. It looks stunning and plays stunning cause it is stunning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.