Dark Souls II Announced!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Wanny, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    It's not for you probably. Game needs "some" skill but also time to get used to it. Most just can't get over the hump of v.little handholding and relatively tougher early game experience than most games. I'd say there's a reason beyond going for very little on sales that DS1 Achievements are like this:

Arrive in Lordran 21.2% - (aka make it past the tutorial)
    Ring the Bell (Undead Church) 15.8% - (aka finish the first "quest" or part of it in the game)

Nowhere near like being a 1%er in an mmo for example but you get the jist.

2. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    It sounds boring. Run around the boss while hitting or blocking. Probably a lot of spiders in the game to kill also. What do you mean most can't get over the hump?

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lol, perfect way to sum up the game. Where the fun is, is in the challenge. If you learn the "dance" of dark souls combat, then imo the core gameplay does become a bore and all thats left for is to explore.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i dont get it.

trying bandit. using bow u know. yeah replenish of arrows isnt like magic .

i mean tried a sorcerer like character too and u can replenish magic arrows with bonfire

how to replenish arrows. cant craft too...unfair :(

i know that u cant buy arrows from merchants at high amounts. lets say total 70 arrows anyway :(

edit: unbelievable . wooden arrows etc r all limitless. silly me.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    why my health drops down while i hold a shield and block an attack? how to balance the stats? so confusing.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    simply cant defeat second boss. the knight guy alone

watched many videos and all r previous version guides. he makes his moves differently and keeps hitting me. i dash but still hits me. i dash keeps hit me. i dash but keeps hitting me. such bull sht.

i see a guy doing same on video and boss cant hit.

i do same but he hits me.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Give him cake.

Cake is a lie

and if you lie to your boss, then you get fired

and if you get fired

then no more fights with your boss.

8. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Your shield isn't fulling blocking the attack; you need a 100% physical block stat to do that otherwise you'll still take some damage.

The 'Royal kite shield' starts with that, you can buy it from Mcduff in The Lost Bastille in vanilla DS2.

Also, http://www.tradeindetectives.com/blog/dark-souls-2-how-to-defeat-the-pursuer-in-10-seconds-465/

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lol thanx.

10. Altimis

Altimis Member

Bow supposed to use as secondary weapon, your primary attack is melee weapons that based on DEX build (Bandit build). I believe you just played it wrong. This game kinda heavy on melee things out of your way, even magic caster they still have to do some melee to save up their magic casting slots.

And for replenishing arrows, I don't really have problems with it, usually most enemies souls covered arrows cost so I pretty much have alot souls to replenish those arrows, its also cheap... only 30 souls per 1 iron arrow (my favorite arrow) I don't use wooden unless I really low on souls and need to save up for leveling or upgrades stuffs.

And in case you can't find merchant who sell unlimited iron arrow, his name is McDuff, he lives in Lost Batilles after you destroy cracked wall by explode barrel or open bar door with key and give him Dull Ember (item located in chests near bonfire you travel to Lost Batilles with giant crow).

11. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 770 JETSTREAM 4GB
    Hey guys can anyone upload savegame at start of 3d DLC
    for Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin

12. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    From what i've heard you need to find keys to enter them inside the game world...

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The Drangelic Shield is good early on (You can find it behind the Pursuer fight on the roof of the fortress in a little drop down pit along with the Drangelic armor minus the helmet.), later shields might have better resists though but as above usually only the larger shields offer complete block resistance.
    (There's still poise and other attack damages to take into account as well, heavier shields also take more stamina if I remember correctly.)

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Guys started a new game with sorcerer.

But need better staff. I found guy via watching utube guides but he asks for dark. Wtf is that. I don't have it.

I updated my staff. It does 200 300 damage. But still need better Pls.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Dark Souls 2 patch will fix weapon degradation bug
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-17-dark-souls-2-patch-will-fix-weapon-degradation-bug

Not sure if this is being applied to both the DX9 and 11 versions.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I remember reading about that bug near the game's launch ... they ignored it for so long because their dear console players weren't affected? Fcuking From ...

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yeah man. i put some level to sword. so can use it. and even if i dont use my staff, it degreatges . wtf?

18. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
  19. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    haha, lazies, Well all it takes is the console tweens to qq enough to get **** fix i guess.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    there r some iron like chests and no keys whatsoever of them..what r they? u cant crack open them too.