Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In other game news, Game Informer has revealed its Deus Ex: Mankind Divided cover for the May issue. The game will be release on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. No release date has been announced at this time...

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed

2. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    I asked for this.

My body is ready. I hope I'm not going to hype myself up and get disappointed. But I'm damn excited.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    DX > DX:IW >> >> DX:HR

DX:HR, while story was not the worst I've seen, it was very close.

Does anyone remember feeling from 1st "training/tutorial" mission?
    As you went to "rescue" those people Police which was ready to act and was waiting for you had quite some comments like:
    "The Tank Is Here..."
    And even on normal difficulty enemies put you down in few lousy shots from weak weapons anywhere.
    But they lived through 2nd headshot because it did not matter if you shot them to toe or eye, you had to hit 3 times.

Friend made progress on higher difficulty by bugging enemies in weird positions/doors and shooting them in legs since it did not mattered.

"Boss Fights" were horrific experience for stealth players. (not that I played that far, I dropped it in disgust pretty quick)

BTW, in very first part when you are under attack and running around, there is fire, it can burn you, but not kill you no matter how much you try. And so on, on and on...
    And I played it only for like 40minutes.

So even if DX:MD is only quarter as bugged as DX:HR, I'll autoskip it. Definitely not pre-order for me.
    And they should work on DX feeling too, as I was far from impressed. DX look like characters will not make it.

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    DX-HR wasnt buggy for me, just didnt think it was a very good game. Mediocre at best. I agree re unbalanced combat, boss fights. Hope DX-MD will be better.

5. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    They balanced the boss fights for stealth players in extended cut, yes but I had no difficulty in any of the boss fights before, except the last one (Namir) which was basically head-to-head combat.
    I mean come on, I killed Barrett simply by running around and throwing explosive/gas crates at him. I killed Fedorova by destroying the power units at the edges of the chamber, they would electrocute her and I had EMP shield. Namir was indeed harder, but by then I had the typhoon and I only needed to catch him off guard and cast it a few times. This was on hard difficulty. I really didn't find the boss fights challenging.

The pistol was 1-hit kill to normal enemies when headshotting on normal difficulty, you needed I believe 1 damage upgrade for 1-hit kill on hard difficulty. It depends on the enemy too. If you take on heavies, yes, you need 2 or 3 headshots to kill them. Don't ever try to body shot those.
    The only problem I found with weapons was the silenced sniper rifle. That thing is very weak. 2 headshots for heavies? Come on. A sniper rifle should be 1-hit-kill no matter what. This annoyed me a lot because I actually went for the silenced sniper rifle at first, but ditched it fast. The regular sniper rifle is far more powerful, but it makes a ton of noise. Your silenced sniper alternative is the tranquilizer rifle. Doesn't matter where you hit them, they will pass out.

And yes, you would get owned by enemies easily if you had no points in dermal armor, which was the main point of the game. You have stealth, hacking, utility and damage/absorption. You choose two of them and later expand a bit into the others. You cannot go for everything. If you actually take your time to level up properly, you will notice that you almost always have what you need no matter what spec you're going for.
    And you can easily tank up and eat massive amounts of damage, hypostims and painkillers are quite frequently found. You can just pause on low hp and heal up instantly.

For one, I enjoyed the stealth aspect of the game. There are many ways to kill or disable your enemies. And the rewards for playing stealth is huge, you get a ton of skill points.

The game was bug-free for me except that annoying stuttering when you peek out of cover. But that was addressed in a later patch.

But I agree that the game doesn't necessarily feel like its predecessors. I strongly believe that the predecessors' feeling was mainly due to the old unreal engine. That engine had a certain mysterious 'feel' to it that I've also experienced in Unreal Tournament. Unreal Tournament 3 failed to provide the same feel aswell.
    DXHR was helped by the music and conversations, they are quite in theme with their predecessors. What I did not enjoy was the fact that Adam seemed more of the grunt type of character, as opposed to JC Denton which seemed to be quite a bit smarter and far more knowledgeable.

My 2 cents in a wall of text. I enjoyed the game almost as much as I enjoyed the original. I did not enjoy IW though. I really felt like it was wonky as hell.
    But really, I don't think anything with the Deus Ex name can surpass the first game of the series. It was far ahead of its time (excluding graphics). Hands down the best game I've played in my life. Followed by Mass Effect 2.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I just hope that game will utilize different engine this time and will not stream textures (and whatever else) as console does. I experience stutters at certain points of levels and if I turn around fast (no matter what tweaks are applied).

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  8. Vandrell

Vandrell Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Is another game really needed to explain how they got to the point in the original Deus Ex? Pfft. Every damn thing is prequels these days.....

There's plenty of opportunity to expand the story after Invisible War.

9. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    The lead-up to the first game is much, much more interesting than continuing form the second game, with it's 3-4 endings that I can't even remember. All characters from the first game who came back in the second game became much duller, har poorer writing and poorer voice-acting. And the coffee-conspiracy?

The story in DX:HR was exceptionally well told, if you cared to follow it. The downside was perhaps that almost every conversation people had was about augmentations, which is hardly realistic.

I hope they fix the take down animations as that was an immersion breaker. Basically just run into a room, press a button and all AIs place themselves automatically so that the cool animations can take place, looks quite ridiculous.
    Also, not everyone is a martial art expert, some should be just 'hit' and they go down, as they do not have any martial art combat expertise.

I just might be more excited about this over the last Batman, and that's saying something. I hope for another detailed and well told story.

The trailer is of course on the side of being OTT, but that does not concern me, and I expect them to do a better ending this time and better boss-fights too. (If they manage to do some of them similarly as Arkham City's bossfight with mr Freeze then it would be perfect. It's really time to put those skill to a test, outsmart the opponent)

10. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Hell to the ****ing yes!

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    cant wait, Only thing SQE has i still like atm

12. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Me two, horrible Xbox era game. Btw bosses were the only place where stealth people could use explosives so i too ran around dropping mines on their heads. On normal enemies the non lethal takedown give most XP, so i used it like 99% of time.

13. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I just hope they do away with the amber lighting.
    I didn't get to play much of HR because once I got outside, it would always crash. Crashed on different hardware and even OS some 2 years later. Damn game still crashes on me to this day whenever I tried it but I finally gave up. However oddly enough, the Missing Link DLC played just fine...go figure.

14. SirJamesDTech

SirJamesDTech Guest

GPU:
    2x Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB
    Can I ask if you had Triple Buffering and vsync on or off?
    I once had a CTD bug with Triple Buffering accidentally left on while vsync is off.
    Hope that's all the problem is. It's truly a title worth going through.

15. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    It will be using the new Dawn Engine.

This is the only picture they have released on it though:

[​IMG]

16. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    I agree. Aside for the occasional emp grenade to rape a bot or something, I really didn't feel the need to throw grenades on my enemies.
    And they definitely intended stealth to be the most rewarding. First playthrough I had was battlefield-like. Second playthrough was stealth, I got so much more stuff in the second one. This was before they implemented newgame+.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  17. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    I wanted go full Rambo too, because i had some preorder bonus weapons from retail version, but in the end i used them once. But it was good for something, for learning not to preorder games with nonsensical bonus weapons.

18. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    On DX:HR I went full stealth/pacifist. Looking forward to this one, loved the atmosphere and soundtrack on HR.

19. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I still listen to it from time to time, one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard in a game. It set the tone for the world perfectly, the Limb Clinic was haunting.

20. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    This. THIS. LISTEN TO THIS MAN.
    Really when I first walked into the LIMB clinic I had an eargasm.