Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DSparil, Apr 15, 2014.

1. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    Obviously the publisher/developer needs to provide the game for it to be on GoG.

They let them go without DRM because that is their policy.

GOG.com (formerly Good Old Games) is a distribution service for PC games and (as of 28 August 2014) movies, operated by GOG Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of CD Projekt based in Warsaw, Poland. GOG delivers "classic" video games through its DRM-free digital platform for Windows, Mac OS X and since July 2014 Linux. In March, 2012, it began selling more recent titles such as Alan Wake, Assassin's Creed, among many others.

The offered digital goods (video games and movies) can be purchased and downloaded online and they are distributed without digital rights management. The prices of products typically range from about $5 to $10 for older games, along with special offers in sales held several times a week. Some newer titles have a higher price. GOG.com's digital products can be also gifted to other persons via redeemable gift certificates.

The user does not have to install special client software to download or run the games, although an optional download manager is available. After downloading, the customer is free to use the software for any personal use like installing on multiple devices, archiving on any personal storage media for unlimited time, modding and patching; with the restriction that reselling and sharing is not permitted. The software installers are technically independent of the customer's GOG.com account, although still subject to GOG.com's EULA, where a "licensed, not sold" formulation is used. The "licensed, not sold" model frequently raises questions of ownership of digital goods. In the European Union, the European Court of Justice held that a copyright holder cannot oppose the resale of a digitally sold software, in accordance with the rule of copyright exhaustion on first sale as ownership is transferred, and questions therefore the "licensed, not sold" EULA.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The new patch is great... loving the changes they made to the map, also the graphics slider improves things... and the bug fixes are welcome.

3. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Yeah - fought 3 dragons at the same time and it took me deaths to figure out how to slay the and move on (was entering a new area and boom there they were) :D

4. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Playing the game at native 1440p and the graphics look a little ... blurry. Zoomed out completely, the graphics just don't seem very crisp.

Am I the only one experiencing this? Would downsampling improve matters?

Also, I'm playing as a fighter but I think I need to start over. I sunk 3 points into intellect, thinking the AOE of my strikes would help with crowd control but it doesn't do anything.

I should have sunk those points into might instead, I think. Only on exp level 3, but on hard, I'm being punished badly.

5. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 770 JETSTREAM 4GB
    4k nothing change but SweetFX change

6. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
  7. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    WE already know that for larger resolution to work in this game FIRST you need to change your desktop resolution (to the one you want to play) and then start the game.

8. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    1080p on my 65" tv looks great!

I think i'm screwed.
    Stuck in lower level with very tough enemy and can't get out.
    I deleted my saves up to just 3 so i didn't have 1000 saves.
    But now i can't go back up to the ground level.
    I think i need to start over..........:bang:
    This games ruthless!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  9. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    yeah i never delete saves, i still have all the saves for my first game before i restarted on path of the damned, its just too easy to screw your self by not having all your saves.

10. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Wish there was some kind of recall feature or teleport spell. On very hard I get through most of an area/level etc but find I have to head back and buy campfires because I do take a beating.

Still not sure whether to have ranger v chanter or a rogue v barb. Am using Kana for his quest which am guessing u need him in the party?

(or can u finish the quest then talk to him in the stronghold??)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  12. Beez

Beez Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 GTX 4Gb
  13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    don't thank me, I didn't put the hours in to write it. but sure, it's impressive. I hope everyone serious about the game gives it a read. Some good info in there.

14. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    woot looks like GoG got 1.0.3.0530 last night, back to playing - again - I've been on/off this game due to bugs/glitches so much, can't remember the last time I had to do that. Oh well good'ol obsidian.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    how far into the game are you? I've "dealt" with Readrick, tried the endless dungeon, couldn't do the drake. off to the main city now. lvl 4-5 now.

16. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Same-ish tho I didn't bother with the Dungeon at all aside from a quick inspection and killing a few spiders. Figured this is something I can keep off of till I'm higher level.
    Im in the Woodend Plains atm, found a new rogue char that just joined, cleared a large pack of trolls/whiteladythings after wiping to them ~x4 times.. Should enter the city now unless I get sidetracked again :S

If anyone's got a good idea for a functional/logical ability keybinding/hotkeying I'm open to suggestinons. Suppose I could always free 1 to 0 and just use my naga..

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ah, those trolls, I have to go back and kill them too, almost forget about them, I wiped on them a few times with lvl 3-4 characters, when I only had 3-4 people in the party. will go back now with a full party and kick their arse.

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    70hrs, almost finished, did every quest! Im before going to Act4, dunno how long its gonna be until end then. Did the drake in endless dungeon when i was about level6. If you know how you can deal with him easy you can even beat him at your level easily. When i faced him with level6 and changed my tactics from the prev. try, it was very easy.

I had much bigger problems with the 3 trolls on Level 3 at endless Dungeon. But theres also a little trick you can do to make it easier ^^

And if you all killed Readric,
    theres a surprise for you later :infinity:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  19. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Yeah Kolsc just seemed like the better choice being the.. less faith-fanatic mass murdery type..

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Just checked Steam, I'm 24 hours in and I still haven't progressed anywhere, I'd say I'm about 5% into the game lol. Readric... I killed. Looking forward to the surprise