Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    You know, you have the same exact thoughts as i do :D
    I would like to see if it would be possible to make it like that but they both act slightly different and would probably not be that good in terms of quality.

If I could find what makes the steam pipe explosions i would love to test what would happen. Though it seems unethical ,would be nice to check out

2. Johnthatsme

Johnthatsme Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780 Ti
    If it an be moded it means its there to take it:) if you could find the files in a jpeg or png file i could try to render it in photoshop.

3. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    It does not work like that, just changing the texture will not get the same effect. I know where the texture is, but that would not change anything with the gas explosion, it would look bad and uneven.

I would assume that it is a model or phys file that controls the gas explosion or even possibly a script. Have not found out yet so i am not sure at all what would be able to get the effect.

Trust me, if it were as easy as just editing a texture i would have done it long ago, i trained in the use of photoshop for three years...

And, an FYI. Watch_Dogs does not use jpg or png as the texture, if it did the games textures would look terrible. Instead it uses dds converted to xbt.

But thanks for trying to help! :)

4. neeeksta

neeeksta Guest

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    Like? I think a stronger word is called for.
    That looks like fotee realism .. just fuzzing magic!!

Sir I am gnominating you for a knobbly Peirce prize! :wanker:

Oh Re hype - Life 101 teaches that hype is courting emotional flagellation, best to be avoided.
    The present moment is all we have, if your not content / happy in it, you never will be.
    Even if they promised a game where I could get into a VR suit and do it with Clara I wouldn't get a stiffy till the moment arrived. (hmm I don't like tattoos so prolly wouldn't anyway) :3eyes:

Umm the disable flashing objects thing - I tried Bo3bs' job and it doesn't seem to work any ideas?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015

5. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    I present to you: Definitive Mod V2.7 BETA

Download: http://1drv.ms/1yEacNC

Here are some shots that i just took. Watch the open world demo from the same time i took the screenshots, HERE: https://youtu.be/igCEYdeXU3o?t=13m44s
    From that point in the video you will see what i mean by the similarities.

Here are the screenshots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Really the only difference i can see is the position of the sun. If I can figure out how to make the sun position change back to the way it was in E3 then it would be the same exact lighting, I am almost sure of it :)

But until i figure that out, we are left with this. Same lighting, different sun position...

Bug fixes have been done, dry weather happens more often now, reflections intensity and geometry along with projection size has been drastically increased for the E3 effect.
    And now there is the 2013 sun flare, I saw that you guys liked it, so i tested it, blurred it just like the open world demo, then used it. Quite satisfied with the results.

Hope you guys like it as allot of hard work gets put into this...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  6. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    I think the lighting looks nothing like e3. E3 lighting has dynamic sun bounce as well as sky direct, which lacks in your lighting. Anyway your work's awesome.

7. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    please
    https://youtu.be/ECC38TkgRDg?t=13m45s

8. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    hey guys, i want to fill you all in on a little something im looking into.
    i noticed that every gun in this game was ripped from another ubisoft game LITERALY
    These Include:
    Splinter Call Blacklist
    Far Cry 3
    Ghost Recon Future Soldier
    Rainbow Six Vegas 2
    Im going to try ripping multiple guns and replacing them and see waht effect it has :) I really want an 5-7 pistol. Im gonig to start with Blacklist and move on.

9. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Yep, I knew it by visiting IMFDB, then I thought I could do exactly what you said since I'd love to have the old Beretta pistol back but none of the games from wich they borrowed weapon models have it. :(

10. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Oh... well uh, a bit harsh but thanks for the advice... ?
    I can do that for sure, sun bounce and sky direct is something I had not messed with in the lighting, now that I know (thanks to you ;) I can get it done.

Thanks for that indirect help. ;D. Will work on that today!

11. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    ah, but you are wrong my friend :)
    Rainbow Six VEgas 2 does indeed have the 92fs!

12. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Hey TGOT, your pictuers are so nice, i was wondering what calibration do u use? i can never get a good balance btwn light/dark like your pics

13. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    IMFDB are written by people, just like on wikipedia, and those people search in the files. When they say that the models are ripped from those games except from FC3, they could be completly wrong.

14. YoDevi

YoDevi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    Do you suggest to play it on Ultra preset or just let the game create a new GamerProfile.xml and play without touching it?

15. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    every time you install a new mod a new gamerprofile is reccomended

16. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    You just admitted that they are right about FC3, so you agree that there's proof about what they say, so it's perfectly logical to trust them about the others too. :)
    Unless you can prove otherwise of course. ;)

Yes it does, but they haven't borrowed an actually usable weapon from it, they've only used a lowpoly model as gunshop decoration, there's a big difference, so I'm not that confident that it could be helpful, however I hope I'm wrong. :D

17. YoDevi

YoDevi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    Yeah but then do i leave the settings as they are (everything is maxed out, but the preset is "Custom"), or do I set the Ultra preset?

18. hishamerrish

hishamerrish Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 TI
    in th e3 2013 trailer the lights of the streets and inside the shops always on in the day light here take a look
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p16OgsvHEf0
    so i asked if that possible to make that in the mod !!!
    some people were laughing on my question !!!!!!

19. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    maxed out.

20. YoDevi

YoDevi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    What do you mean? Ultra is maxed out too :p
    I'm asking because often modders put optimizations in the presets, so it might be better to use Ultra instead of maxing out everything individually