The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Nov 2, 2010.

1. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Good episode!!!

2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Smack down comes to Alexandria

Rick had one major melt down. Damn, guess he is going to be ejected from the town. Previews of next week paint Carol as one serious psycho. Zodiac Killer may have nothing on her. The group has turned into Nuts 'R Us.

3. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Can anyone else here The Whisperers on the wind?

PS anyone who's familiar with the comic book will know what I am talking about, for those that aren't beware of spoilers if you decide to go Googling for them.

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Say no more, I just ordered part of the comics in book format, "TWD Book 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11" (these were 20-30% off on Amazon) and will also get 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 later on. :nerd:

5. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
  6. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Iam at a loss with the way the season final episode ended.
    Public execution? This was a family community, seem like they would have wanted the killing to be done to protect the innocent from having to witness it.

7. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Guest

GPU:
    2x-MSI gaming 290x 4gb OC
    Last final season 5 episode was awesome and
    MORGAN BACK?

8. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    I liked Sasha, I really did but then she become weird so here is my list. Sasha, Glenn, Daryl, the priest and this ******* with the curly hair die and the show is awesome! Oh also Hillary Clinton with the psychotic obsession of recording people. They ALL must die Hahahahhahahahahahahahaah aAAAaAah ahahahahahah

*Glenn was okay this season by the way. But still I prefer him dead.

9. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Kind of the point, Rick has been trying to convince these people that this sort of sh*t not only happens but HAS to happen by doing this the people of this closed off self contained community have had a very real and very stark wake up call, plus it gives black Jesus (Morgan) a very real insight into where Rick is mentally (I am guessing where Morgan was round about the end of the third season when Rick and the group found him hiding in a zombie killing trap laden house filled with weapons.)

I am sensing a Morgan trying to guide Rick through this phase at which point Rick will have attained peace and will get his Jedi broomstick handle and then be allowed to wander the earth with him

Don't care, hell no, bigger hell no, yes, and yes but the last two have hit points of redemption will be interesting to see what direction they go with.

Dunno, he's currently got his own big TV show running at the same time as The Walking Dead, Critical, his show is filmed in Birmingham and London U.K the Walking Dead is filmed in Georgia U.s, it could hard work filming them potentially side by side, assuming that they have similar filming times given that they are both being shown on TV at roughly the same time?

10. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    agree, hope he gets a good story arc.

11. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    When did Rick try to convince anyone? He was plotting a takeover instead of trying to convince the town.

12. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Guest

GPU:
    2x-MSI gaming 290x 4gb OC
    My favorite's are Daryl, Glen, Carol, Michone and Rick hope they dont die. Sasha is ok priest is an idiot bad actor.

Hope Morgan comes back he will make it very interesting again me thinks.

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    What they need in the show is some kind of super mutant zombie.

14. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
  15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Cool looks good.

16. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So thought this was bump worthy.

Trailer for Fear The Walking Dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzXglr5bc3w

Looks okayish, different take on the events and should be interesting too see the events surrounding the breakout. Hopefully the zombie food will become zombie food due to being inexperienced in handling them rather than forced stupidity (early TWD seasons)

On the other hand trailer for Season 6 of The Walking Dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgX1geb4FlA

and my god it looks fooking good. Should be interesting, Summer we get to see the noobs trying to cope with the out break, in the Autumn we return to the pros kicking zombie butt.

17. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I was a huge fan of TWD early on. As soon as they stayed in the prison, the show has become less and less intriguing to me. To me, the most recent season (5) was somewhere close to awful in comparison to season 1 and 2.

This show is at it's best when everyone is on the road, walkers and people trying to eat and kill our protagonists at every turn. When you park them in any particular setting (for budget purposes) the show's quality wanes.

I'll watch season 6 but I'm not terribly devoted any more. I hope Fear TWD is a return to constant danger on the road (beyond telling the initial, zombie outbreak story).

18. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Thanks love it, itchy tasty.....

19. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So anyone catch the first episode of Fear The Walking Dead? Feels very different to TWD, not really going all out to show the extent of zombies (remember Ricks first encounter with a full on zombie, the half girl in the park?) nothing quite as obviously undead but still alive as that so far.

The family melodrama could potentally get a bit meh if it continues on in the long term.... although I guess that depends on the time frame this show is going to be run over, i.e if the entire shows run is set purely over the out break period.

I am definitely giving the first season a chance if only to see what direction the show is going to go. If anything at least we will get a chance to see inexperienced folk coming to terms with the undead, rather than Rick and his gang of international bad ass zombie killers bringing head shot pain to anything that groans.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I loved it, and I'm SO glad they took it slow. Because that's the whole point of the series, to show us how they were all too caught up in their little world with their little dramas, to realize what is going on around them. If something like this would happen in the "real" world, even though signs would be everywhere, I'm very sure a lot of the population would act exactly like this, oblivious to what is happening, and then, the **** will hit the fan exponentially. :D

The fact that they are hinting on a "flu shot" being the culprit of the virus will surely ruffle some feathers though. IMDB forums of this are filled with political bull**** of all kinds lol.