bitspower compression fittings not fitting on primochill tubing

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Dub dub, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Dub dub

Dub dub Guest

GPU:
    Galax 980 HOF edition
    So I finally received my bitspower 3/8 X 5/8 Compression Fittings today in the mail. These were the last of my parts needed for my custom waterloop. I was about to pair these with primochill primoflex advanced Lrt Elegant White tubing 3/8 X 5/8. The problem with this is the ID will not fit over the ID of the bitspower compression fitting. I heard of problems with this tubing not being the right size on id and od even though the specs say they are!
    I have managed to get the tubing over the fitting with great force but I couldn't imagine working on this in my computer. I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or should I go with a different tubing?? Even when it comes to ordering more tubing it takes forever to get here and we have nowhere locally to get it.

Just want to know what you think I should do or if I should heat up the tubing with hot water..

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    They are supposed to be tight fitting to fit over the barbs/fittings. Once you get one end of tubing over the fitting, it should go onto it easier the next time, ie pre cut after measuring all the tubing and then force them onto some fittings before installing.

You can try hot water, not sure how well thatll do though.

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    You can also put a dab of thin oil on the outer of the tubing and also in the thread of the compression fitting. This helped alot when screwing mine down, also they do not need to be screwed all the way down.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Hot water will work to soften the tubing. Or you can use a blow dryer on high heat to heat up the ends too. Just be careful not to heat it up too much.

5. Dub dub

Dub dub Guest

GPU:
    Galax 980 HOF edition
    Thx for the reply's, going to use my distilled water and heat it in a cup and try to soften the tubing that way.. Hopefully all goes well!!