Ayahuasca / DMT

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Phragmeister, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Has anyone here ever been to an Ayahuasca retreat?

2. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
  3. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You have?

4. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB

5. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    WTF. Go and travel instead of that ****.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Can you really talk about that stuff here? This should be closed.

7. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah maybe this is not the right place, Phrag I'm not sure it's such a good idea either, better not to mess with your psyche.

8. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Of course not. *downs a pint of beer*

Ahh yes, that's the good ol' socially accepted stuff. :D

airbud7 likes this.
  9. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    I agree with that. But a retreat seems too far from acceptable to me. Better a vacation with friends that would do that.

10. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Just be sure to read the bad experiences people have with stuff too. Using your example of beer, imagine if the hangovers were never read about.

11. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    If phrag wants to open up to a possible Jim Jones type and go out 1978 Guyana style is up to Phrag.

12. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    @Veeshush thanks for the music! Will find more of that!

@Phragmeister do you have any experience with hallucinogenic substances? I have watched a few documentaries on ayahuasca and it seems that this stuff is way more powerful than say mushrooms or LSD.

I’m also interested in altering the mind and I can say that the few experiences I had were mostly positive and had opened/changed my mind for good. But I seem to have much more stable conciseness and control over it than most people. I can safely say that it is not for everybody and should be approached with much caution. It should be done in very low dosage, with experienced people, save location and in good state/health of the mind and body. Still that stuff looks scary. Also I’m not a fan of vomiting…

13. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You're right, alcohol sucks too. It's the only thing wrong with our society (apart from maybe food delicacies such as wine and vodka for the purpose of medication).

All in all I would like to see consumptive alcohol (and drugs) be removed from this planet. Would make it a better place.

14. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Because there are those individuals who drink to excess get to ruin it for those of us who actually enjoy drinks in moderation. Every individual needs to know their limitations and act accordingly.

So the only thing I can gather from that comment is that we all have to adjust to suit the individuals who choose hedonism/self-indulgence rather than self-control.

Individuals that have addictive behaviors will always find a substance to abuse. It is the behavior that needs to be modified. Banning will only create black markets and organized crime revenue streams.

15. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Hmm yeah.. maybe you're right, but what if those substances didn't exist at all? Wouldn't that be good? :D

Or if the human race wouldn't have any knowledge of such things, would make it so much easier lol.

16. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I know ppl the take shrooms and LSD on a monthly basis but as for me I can not handle it i have bad trips everytime.
    Have not tried it in at least 15 years and will not dare to... almost took my life during a bad trip.

17. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    No, that wouldn't be good.

18. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Think I know what you're getting at. Would agree. Unfortunately Utopia is a fantastical place and therefore insanely difficult to get to.

19. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Certainly, there's good and bad in everything. I wouldn't proceed with any of this without doing a lot of research beforehand, which I have been doing for the past year or so, and a lot of the reports are overwhelmingly positive.

There have been many reports of people overcoming drug and substance abuse, as well as trauma from physical and mental abuse. It's also helped people let go of a lifetime worth of anxiety and stress, and that's just from one session.

Not sure if serious? lol.

No experience at all, but I am aware and sensible enough to respect the experience when the event occurs, good or bad.

It's all about setting and intention. I expect to learn something from the experience, this is not just about getting high for a giggle.

I don't think alcohol sucks, the way people abuse it sucks, and the way the world holds it up on a pedestal as if it's the only drug our culture should be ingesting, along side the good ol' cigarette with it's 4,000+ chemicals (including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins). There's absolutely nothing learned or gained from either, well, except lack of memory and bad health.

It's just a case of becoming aware of and informing yourself about the basic biology of the body and mind, examining the information for yourself, acknowledging the benefits you can gain and experiences to learn from.

To quote one of my idols (now passed away), a philosopher, author and frontier of psychedelics -

“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.” ~ Terence McKenna

Instead of getting absolutely wasted on alcohol, I have every intention of drinking a natural plant brew in the bosom of an ancient Amazonian forest, surrounded by people who have been brought together with similar good intentions and exploring my consciousness in clarity I can't yet even imagine. I absolutely look forward to it.

Ignorance isn't bliss, it's missed experience and opportunity.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  20. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    If you decide to do it then I hope you have a good experience. :)