27 Inch monitor recommendations

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by SickBoy254698, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Nyralim

Nyralim Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X OC/ 8192 MB
    I will try that. :) Thanks

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I think effectiveness of DSR depends much on monitor and resolution. The native res of my monitor (2560x1440) was always better than whatever DSR multiples and smoothing adjustments could be made. I think it may be best for 1080p displays where the benefits would be far more apparent.

3. Nyralim

Nyralim Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X OC/ 8192 MB
    I finally decided to go for the following monitor, it is a 60Hz Monitor, but it has many characteristics I like and since I am mainly an action/RPG gamer I won't have any (or serious) tearing issues:

http://www.iiyama.com/gb_en/products/prolite-b2780hsu-w2/

1) Good Price (Sub 300 Euro category).
    2) White color & good design (what I wanted)
    3) Suitable for gaming (ACR, Overdrive, 1ms response time)

I expect good results. I may upgrade again later when the new technologies (freesync-Gsync) are more mature, more affordable and have more options to offer.

4. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Totally unimpressive 1080p 60Hz TN monitor. Either go for IPS if you're sticking to 60Hz or go for a 120Hz / 144Hz TN.

5. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  6. Nyralim

Nyralim Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X OC/ 8192 MB
    I have no problems with the TN panel colours, this particular monitor is one of the best 60Hz gaming monitors out there. I liked the design, the white colour (which was important for me) and the features. IPS is all about viewing angles which doesn't bother me at all. And for the money it was the one closer to what I was searching for. Of course it would be better if it was a 120 or 144Hz monitor but this is not a disaster. I am sure it will be a good gaming performer. :)

7. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    IPS isn't all about viewing angles. IPS has better color reproduction in general. Paying for a 1080p 60Hz TN right now is a bad idea as that's the baseline, let alone on a 27". Every single monitor worth a damn coming out this year is leaps beyond 1080p 60Hz TN. So unless you're getting it for a very cheap price, better look elsewhere. Otherwise I don't know why you would be investing in this.

"Gaming performance" is a relative term.

8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

How about AMVA+ etc ;)

9. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    AMVA+ also has its strong points. TN is on its way out, give it a year or two.

10. Nyralim

Nyralim Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X OC/ 8192 MB
    TN will always be there offering an alternative like it does now. There are good TN monitors out there, which by no means are worse than IPS ones. The above mentioned monitor arrived yesterday.I am really satisfied with what I got for the money I wanted to spend.1080p looks fantastic on a 27" inch display.Now if I want something more than that AMD's VSR offers this possibility with virtual 2k and 3k resolutions.Freesync and Gsync are sure the Future but till they are priced reasonably along with 144hz,no thank you.Let alone they are overestimated for their price for the time being.First games tested were Dying Light and the Witcher 2.Crystal clear colours,no tearing,smooth gameplay.If someone has a low budget for a 27" monitor settlements must be made. Given the options I had,the features and the colour This Iiyama monitor seems to be an excellent choice.

11. Rillipiru

Rillipiru Master Guru

GPU:
    660 ti 2GB
  12. ron7000

ron7000 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G GTX970
    i just got a benq gw2765ht for $350. 27" 2560x1440 with vga, dvi, hdmi, dp inputs. and the base is quite good.
    benq is supposed to release a 'gaming' version of this model soon, check out their website. it wasn't available when i bought less than a month ago.

http://www.benq.us/download/LCD/MRG_201502_BQus_noMAP.pdf

benq XL2730Z is the gaming one, it's now available at $630 newegg.
    i'm happy with my current one given the price, and the XL2730Z is free-sync, not sure if that would work with my nvidia gtx970.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  13. Mugsy

Mugsy Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    How is it in games ? Any ghosting ?

14. dosinu

dosinu Guest

GPU:
  15. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    I suggest Acer XB270HU even when I dont have it but it cant be anything than amazing.