ASUS Launches BIOS Updates 5th Gen Core Processor Support

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yea they released the bios update last month. Now all we need is the cpus. Since I dropped the I7 4770k I bought that was already delid damaging it when i was trying to get it ready to install. Works but not like it should.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  3. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Wait so it boots up fine? I have never seen a CPU "work" with issues. It either boots up or it doesn't.

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    oh yes sir it happens sometimes.
    there is no final test like
    Code:
    Shutdown (IF anything_fails)

Once upon a time I converted Athlon to Duron, with all kinds of issues :(

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    It boots up and works but with damages to the PCI-e part on the cpu die and damage is enough to stop it from being oced at all. The first PCi-E lane stuck at 4x forever no matter what, with it no longer being able to raise the CPU muiti by 1 without WHEA errors. It could been worst and not boot up at all. I actually thought it was the motherboard and took it apart so many times and the motherboard cpu pins are not bent at all. First time I ever damaged a cpu as well dropping it on its die. But the last time I ever buy a De-lied cpu just because i could get it cheap.

6. SirJamesDTech

SirJamesDTech Guest

GPU:
    2x Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB
    Quite a few of those received further BIOS updates yesterday to "improve system stability."

7. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I flashed my mobo last month with 2205 bios, do i need to redo it with the updated too Asus provided? i think not.

It amazing to see that the support of Asus with their motherboards are good, but soundcards is so lacking.

8. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Fail :(

9. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Yes, flashed mine 2 days ago with 2303. But no word about what was added / changed except from "improve system stability".

I did notice a new screen coming up after flashing and rebooting, saying something about "Don't turn system of flashing" which have never happened before on my mobo.

10. snorge

snorge Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 SLI
    No this is the same bios you already flashed, they are just making an official announcement about it.

11. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Z87 supports the same 1150 socket, no update for those?

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Nope, Intel screwed everyone over in this regard. Z97's only reason to exist is for Broadwell compatibility.

13. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    I did the update on my VII Hero.

What I noticed was after re-entering my overclock settings using offset of -0.010, my voltages were higher, I had to do some extra fine tuning dropping the offset to -0.012.

Might not be anything, but I hadn't had to do that the last 3 bios updates.

14. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    That sure is very inappropriate.. It is actually amazing how poor the whole SW
    package for sound cards from ASUS is. I love my essence stxii but have to rely
    on sort of fan based sw support :) and that's just sad

15. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Thats actually kinda fascinating. Can you actually see the damage?

Would you mind posting a picture?

16. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    At the time I was trying to fiqure out what it was and didn't get a good look at the die as I was trying to put every thing back together for the 7th time. Wanted to use my machine since then I used it like it is. I also don't have a camera to take a good picture just my tablet. I know it not the cpu socket as I didn't see any bent pins and I look each time with a magnify glass.Unless the seller damaged it and not tell me.

The next time I get a chance to look at the die, i will make a new thread on it.As I wont be taking every thing a part til I get a new case that I need badly, as the screw mounts on mine is worn out.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    My previous CPU, 3770K, when I delidded it, it was before the whole "vice" method -- I just used a putty knife and a hammer. I scratched a huge gash into the top of the PCB, all the way down to the copper level. I was like "oh that's bad". Then I put liquid ultra on top as it was the only TIM I had atm, I put a bunch and didn't' even bother to spread it, I just wanted to see if it would boot at all. I ran that CPU at 4.8Ghz for nearly 2 years.

18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    UNIXONAR ftw, that STXII is so fking awesome just as the Z97.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I'll still wait for its final release.

Intel CEO for PC market said this in 2013, no sign of Z97/H97 chipset yet..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KeDtXucTwRI#t=22
    link is down atm, I think.
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/di...ks_Broadwell_More_Performance_Less_Power.html

They enabled DC in last moment, even though some intel PR later in march 2014 said it won't be Z87 compatible. Pure Marketing stunt.

If its not no big deal, Haswell to Broadwell is irrelevant jump, Skylake or even CannonLake with Z170chipset and DDR4 will be that proper jump again.:nerd: