AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    What issues do you have?

The only issue I have is BF4 crashing every now and then, but that's DICE's fault and not the drivers.

:3eyes::)

2. MSIOCGenie

MSIOCGenie Guest

GPU:
    2x 280X
    I'm truly sorry if you actually read the last ten pages of doomsday whining. Even though crossfire profiles and optimizations are overdue, there is no need for people to go as far as they have done.

3. glitch203

glitch203 Guest

GPU:
    msi hd 6770 1go
    the probleme of driver AMD is featurs like nvidia adptative vsync habo+ triple buffring is missing i want program like nv inspictor pls AMDMatt :wanker:

4. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Far cry 3 not properly supporting crossfire. Dying light and so on. I know those 2 games might not even be 100% driver related but if they can optimize it for the game at least we can get somewhat better performance. something is better than nothing.

5. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    It's ok, i know people are eagerly awaiting the next driver. We just don't want to release it until we're 100% satisfied with it. We've set a very high standard with the 14.12 Omega drivers and we want to keep that going from hereon in.

6. MSIOCGenie

MSIOCGenie Guest

GPU:
    2x 280X
    Question is; are you actually ever 100% satisfied with anything you release? I mean theoretically you could keep on optimizing and improving software (probably hardware too) for eternity ;)

7. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Well put it this way, we won't release them until we're satisfied that they are as perfect as they can be for our customers. :)

8. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    So lets put this way that u mean it is never going to release right?

9. MSIOCGenie

MSIOCGenie Guest

GPU:
    2x 280X
    Jesus. Obviously you know that's not true, so just stop harassing AMDMatt, or would you rather have him leave?

10. brightbule3921

brightbule3921 Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AXRX460 2G/OC
    Anyway,I wonder(or not believe) it will take over 6 months for another new driver release,maybe 1~2 month is fine (just need to release it with big titles /new MS OS/TP release day).So why not just give them more time.

Of course quickly driver releasing is still welcome,but for me,I had my black-screen issue solved by RMA :bang:,So I am not so eagerly as before now.In fact, none of the driver release really fix the issue of mine.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015

11. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    Yes i know and of course driver is going release .
    I have R9 290 and i am seriously excited to see new drivers.

12. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    No, it means we'll release them when they are ready so our customers continue getting the same level of driver stability and performance that 14.12 offered.

I know it can be difficult to wait and remain patient at times, but it's better to have it this way rather than rushing out multiple drivers in a short space of time with lots of issues that just lead to more problems.

13. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    You should know that there are those here around the forum who respect and understand the circumstances that cause delays to such releases. I'd like to believe it's the majority of us; and the negative voices are just louder.

14. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Thanks, glad to hear.

We'll release the driver as soon as we can, we don't want to keep people waiting as we know it's been a while since the last update. :)

15. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    AMDMatt.
    Thanks for the info.
    Can you comment if there is going to be any improvements for 7xxx series cards?

Regardless,
    I'm eagerly awaiting for this new driver.

Patience is a virtue.

16. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    There should be improvements for all GCN cards, in various different 3D applications. Expect to see more details of specific improvements in the release notes, which I'll post here when the drivers are ready.

17. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    3 months and counting :banana: , amd never again in my case .

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I'm guessing this means they started to work on the overhead more and are delaying it to hell because of that :D

19. bigbeard86

bigbeard86 Guest

GPU:
    290 Crossfire 1220/1450
    is there a remote possibility drivers will be released today? i feel like an addict, checking for potential driver updates multiple times a day.

20. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

*kicks back on Linux with daily (sometimes multiple times a day) graphics driver updates

:p