Nasty OC recovery GiBy Z97X-UD5H rev1

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by NuttyProcessor, Feb 16, 2015.

1. NuttyProcessor

NuttyProcessor Member

GPU:
    2080 Super
    Hi Guys,

I'm having some trouble OCíng my 4690k on my z97-ud5h motherboard (hence the title).

After a failed overclock the system wont recover (easily). It wil not enter the bios, lost its bootdrive and when i finaly can enter the bios after multiple reboots, no previously tested OC is stable. (loading its saved preset)

Only when i take the PSU offgrid and do a full bios clear i can dial in my previously tested OC, The full 10h straight Prime95 small FFT stable. Its getting a pretty annoying and long process this way. Am i missing something?

I tested this with multiple PSU's alongside my current one (Antec TP650 and Corsair CX600M), Different memsticks, remounts, latest bios. In short, i did a lot..

As i'm quite an experienced user/overclocker, please do get technical if you need to. My actual achieved stable OC sofar:

4690k @ 100,05 x 43 (4300Mhz)
    Kingston fury 2x 8gb Ram: 2133c11

Vcore: 1,215v
    Vrin: 1,9v
    vRing: 1,15v
    SA: +0,1v
    Vram: 1,65v

Phase en Loadline: extreme perf
    Eist en C-states are off'

Thank you in advance!

PS, English is not my native language, sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  2. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  3. NuttyProcessor

NuttyProcessor Member

GPU:
    2080 Super
    Thnx Rogue, But as i stated before i'm pretty experienced (Did some LN2/Hardmods) and ofcourse i read ALL the reviews before i start on a new platform. The guide you are referring to is one of the first guides to read imho :)

My problem is not the overclocking itself, i'll manage that, but the problem is the way the motherboard reacts to a bad OC. It doesn't recover, bios becomes unaccesible, previous OC's are not stable, loosing my bootorder too (but the previous OC settings are visible, so the bios didn't reset itself nicely, only loosing the boot-order).

By the way, i never use the BCLK for overclocking, not even for memory purposes on my 24/7 OC. I only use the baseclock to even out the stock 99.89 readout (so BCLK is set at 100.05)