Review: Corsair Hydro H110i GT Liquid Cooling

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I got a Carbide Air 540 so it should fit I guess.

2. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Well I have had one of these I think for about two weeks now an improvement in some ways coming from a H100i the Y-Splitters are now integrated into the CPU block unlock the H100i what is a good thing as I found that the old style ports on the H100i where liable to come out. Temperatures are nice currently watching video in MPC-HC with madVr using Jinc 3 tap seeing temperatures of around 10c using NNEDI3 I see quite a bit of a jump in temperature. Gaming generally silent after a while you start to notice the fans will point that they few people have reported that the fans are causing the rad and case to vibrate cans could have done with the rubbers. In addition, you can change the pump from silent to performance where it runs at around 3000rpm, and Clink works without problem for me currently.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    From Hexus,
    http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/cooling/80538-corsair-hydro-series-h110i-gt/?page=5

I guess there is still some pump noise issue.. Idk how fast it spins though, by H90 or H110 its max 1500rpm and I don't hear it.

EDIT: looks like it scales the same on 6core, ~ 5-6C on avg vs H110. Not bad!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  4. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    WOW, what a cooler!

I might buy this.

5. oOEvil1Oo

oOEvil1Oo Guest

GPU:
    2x 770 MSI Lightning
    I would like to see the temp comparisons done on a x79 or x99 chip. It seems since Intel changed to the new thermal design of the 37xx and newer chips, it is rough to tell the difference between coolers. My 3770k runs just as hot now as it has with multiple coolers.

6. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    I may sell my H110 which has worked great and get this, i like the software fan control, had a h100i and the software worked fine for me, only issue for me is the extra wires that annoyed me with H100i.

7. oOEvil1Oo

oOEvil1Oo Guest

GPU:
    2x 770 MSI Lightning
    I think that image was from the OC3d review I seen earlier. I was working listening and watching that and I know he had that set up in a pull config. If he tested like that I wonder how it would perform in a push setup. He set it up that way because he wanted to see the logo on the cooler (LOL). Anyways I already ordered mine, upgrading to a 5820k so hopefully it cools enough to get a nice fat OC on it.

8. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    I hated my 110, it provided about the same cooling performance as my Thermal right Sliver arrow but was twice as loud, my silver arrow fans ran at 500rpms the 110 was 800rpms min setting and it was far to loud gave it away after a couple of weeks couldn't take it anymore even the pump was damn loud at min settings.

9. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Perhaps you should have had it replaced corsair have great support, my H110 pump hardly makes a sound and the fans are fine

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Anyone bought it yet? :)

11. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Had one for a few weeks now.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    How is it? I'd like to buy it and replace my Thermalright Silver Arrow.

13. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    im staying away from the corsair coolers
    i had a h80i wich sucked ass.
    cant complain about my swiftech h220x
    dont get me wrong,i love corsair but i hate their coolers

14. bucknuts21

bucknuts21 Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB
    Only problem with the Swiftech h220-x is if you can find one you could end up spending up to $190 in the U.S.A

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Or EU for that matter, not a single seller in whole EU..
    http://compare.eu/?fs=Swiftech+h220-x&in=

Just curious where did you get it, I see you're from EU too.

16. bucknuts21

bucknuts21 Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB
    bit-tech has a review showing the SilverArrow SB-E Extreme at the same temp with it at max and 110i GT in quiet mode, and SilverArrow in PMW mode at 4 degrees higher.

17. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Well I upgraded from my H100i its a better build quality the old fan Y splitters are built in to the cpu block and come out with the mobo connect major improvement. Pump is very quiet my only problem was when I first selected performance mode 3000RPM it was making some noise but its now gone. Fans are quiet but can cause the radiator to vibrate some talk about this on corsairs forums.

Overall good temps I'm seeing after a long gaming session fans can be a bit loud. the new fancy grey plastic log on the rad looks like it can be changed I have seen different colours what match the fans but they wasn't included in the kit.

Generally good cooler not much of a upgrade from a H100i in push and pull if you have the vibration issue once you can get rid of it great bit of kit also first time CLink has worked with out changing anything.

18. bucknuts21

bucknuts21 Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB
    What are you running your 8350 at? Just ordered the H110i GT and two Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM fans from Newegg.2k/3k PMW the same price.

19. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
  20. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    Hm, interesting...

I never had water cooling before. Maybe it will be time for me switch but I do have some concerns...

Can it create any problems while moving a case? I move my computer sometimes and with the cold weather outside during winter, I dont know if it can affect anything.

I am trying to get my PC as quiet as possible first of all and cooling is the second priority. I am wondering if its possible to cool my video card with that water cooler along with my CPU (I am guessing I will have to buy tubes and make my own loop?) I use a NH-D14/Accelero Xtreme III and my computer is fairly quiet, but if I can make it a bit quieter and cooler, why not.

I currenly have the Fractal Design R5 and I use the cover on top to reduce noise. Would make a difference if I were to put the radiator in front or am I better putting it on top? Also, wouldnt the front radiator, blowing hot air inside the case, increase the temp or other components?

Are leaks common and would it create problems with my computer components if it were to leak? Does it require any maintenance at all once installed or is it good for the rest of its life? I know I got to blow compressed air clean my computer from time to time.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015