AMD: Drivers fix bug windows 8.1 and battlefield 4 and windows 10

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by M4ZT3KEU, Feb 5, 2015.

1. M4ZT3KEU

M4ZT3KEU Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE RX480 8G NITRO+
    hello everyone, i found that news in TOM'S HARDWARE ITA, but i didn't found on TOM'S HARDWARE USA or UK, sorry for not post link for everyone, but i can't post that thread with links :( :( :( :(

i just paste and copy here what news tell :)

AMD: new drivers for bugs with Battlefield 4 and Windows 10 Manolo De Agostini, February 4, 2015 11:28, Source: click here
    AMD working on new drivers to fix two bugs. The first concerns Battlefield 4 and Windows 8.1, Windows 10 the second.
    There are still many gamers who dabble with Battlefield 4, especially with the online, waiting for the next chapter Hardline. According to reports from the site ************* (and confirmed by AMD), there is a problem in the use of graphics memory on the part of the game on platforms with Radeon cards and operating system Windows 8.1.
    In practice, the location of data in memory is handled in the wrong way, and the occupied memory is not properly "liberated" by the given trial. Typically then, especially in the sessions of gameplay very long, you might see a drop in performance.
    The bug is not exactly new, as the producer of DICE LA David Sirland he wrote on Twitter in mid-January, but has not yet been solved, since it is not reported in the release notes of the drivers Catalyst 14:12 "Omega" and Robert Hallock , head of technical marketing at AMD, has confirmed that it is still present.
    The problem should still be fixed with the next version of the beta driver from AMD. The Sunnyvale company is also working on drivers for preview versions of Windows 10, after some users had reported several problems, including the lack of detection of the video card.

A problem emerged with the latest build of the operating system and which fortunately was revealed today, so that Microsoft and AMD will fix it calmly, eliminating a potential problem that in the past would have popped out maybe just the market debut of the new Windows .

sorry for huge post, but i can't post links: Botto:: Botto:, thanks in advice :):):):)

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Windows 10 is in Technical Preview. Don't expect any fixes or proper drivers until Consumer Preview.

3. testooo

testooo Guest

GPU:
    HD5650 / OC
    I've played BF4 with the omega driver there was no problem until I got an update for web plugin (browser) in last month.

this month I've started to experience the memory leak again !!!!!

Kinda of weird right ?

so far no one knows what's the cause of this issue even the 3 companies (AMD, MS, DICE).

so I suspect all to blamed in this issue, just think about it after one year of the release and still no fix .... !!!!!!

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I wonder whether, for now, they'll release a Windows 10 driver separately to the Windows 8.1 driver, or whether they are going to have support for both OS's in one driver?

For now, having them combined is advantageous for Windows 10 users as it means they will get an updated driver along with the rest of use when new ones are released. If not, there may be one driver later this month, and another in 4 months time (as an example). After Windows 10's release, it will actually be possibly slightly a disadvantage to Windows 10 users due to the driver having to support multiple OS's. That is, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.

Ultimately, the best solution would be a couple of months after Windows 10 is released that they drop support for anything but the Windows 10 driver model, since Windows 10 is a free upgrade for both Windows 7 and 8.1 users. Sure, some people will complain about this, but they aren't really being fair. Supporting multiple OS's takes more effort, and a few months after Windows 10's release, the number of users still on Windows 7 or 8.1 should be very minimal (only those being stubborn would not upgrade). It's like the support for Windows 8 being dropped, that was a good move since Windows 8.1 was a free update. That was only a minor consideration, the dropping of Windows 7 and 8.1 would mean they could focus more on Windows 10 and its issues (not trying to fix stuff for stubborn people), but the drivers would most likely be smaller and have less memory load, possibly.

Of course, there may be some system administrators not liking that, but many of those have only just reluctantly moved to IE 9. There comes a point where there needs to be a cutoff for support, and Windows 10 is the ideal point for that. You can only move forward by not being stuck in the past :).

In terms of Windows 2012 R2 etc., maybe they could keep the existing driver with minor updates, but hey, they aren't interested in high end gaming, their main focus is on word processing and other such use (including other office administration programs, by that I don't mean Microsoft Office). There will also be CAD users, but again, that's a specific use that a lot of the driver is effectively useless for.

Looking forward to Windows 10 :). Admittedly I haven't tried the technical preview yet, but I am registered as an insider. I am upgrading when the next build comes out, as I feel it is now to the point of being reliable for more general use.

5. testooo

testooo Guest

GPU:
    HD5650 / OC
    still I am asking the same question I've played the game with no problem why this month the memory leak has started .... !!!!!!

as long its unknown issue:

My theory is:

1. it's a server side Issue, (why) ? because I didn't have the problem before and still I am using the same system same AMD Omega driver. 2 months not a single memory leak !!!! why Now ?

2. I linked this to the future release of BF Hardline (Why), simply they want you to buy the new game instead, so my theory DICE did something intentionally on the BF4 servers which caused the memory leak to be triggered again.

3. why only BF4 has memory leak? and other games same system no memory leak at all, therefore there is only one answer, it's from the BF4 side, as we didn't have any patch so only the server side. !!!!!

so is there something fishy or what? I still believe DICE is hiding something beyond our expectation.

I would like to hear from others who are more expert in Graphic Cards.

cheers

6. p00ky

p00ky Guest

GPU:
    r9 290 pcs+
    So I made an account just to say this :) I only experience the memory leak if I run the 32 bit version of the game. 64-bit all ways works fine. Perhaps since the battlelog update it's only running the 32 bit version of the exe. Hope that helps.

7. testooo

testooo Guest

GPU:
    HD5650 / OC
    ok here is an update ....

DICE did a server update 2 days ago .....

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150494122356600/

and since then I was playing with no single memory leak. !!!!!!! does my theory correct ?

pay attention to this ... they've done this update prior to the end of battlefield Hardline beta period !!!!!! why?

all this nonsense of AMD finds the core problem of the memory leak, I don't buy it ....

please share your thoughts ....

Cheers

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Honestly, I'm not sure how anyone can trust what DICE claims considering they released a barely-playable game at launch that is only recently becoming "playable" after all this time...

If the memory leak is indeed gone after a BF4 patch, then I too would find that highly suspect.

If anything, I'm more interested in how come this memory leak isn't affecting any other Mantle title?

9. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    No1 plays BF4 any more anyways, we've all moved on to having 10 kids, taking up cigars and growing old/fat.

10. testooo

testooo Guest

GPU:
    HD5650 / OC
    that's exactly what I said in my earlier posts

Memory leak was exist in Jan 2015 specially in my case I haven't change anything except I have installed the Omega Driver since the release in Dec 2014 why after the last server update the memory leak has stopped which is 2 days ago? it seems AMD driver doesn't affect anything. very obvious . ..right ?

the Blame goes in cycle DICE ----> AMD ----> MS

I won't buy anything from this company anymore ...

11. testooo

testooo Guest

GPU:
    HD5650 / OC
    I just want to update you guys ...

my theory is getting proven .... as I am getting support on Battle-log forums.

since the last winter patch " disaster " ... I haven't had any memory leak. just in the last 2 days the memory leaks started .... hmmmm ...

servers are acting weird for many people, nothing changed in my system still the same with Omega driver ....

so its clear something on DICE servers, that triggers the memory leaks, it can't be random, I feel the memory leak is coming when the servers are lagging. I've tried this with different ISPs at the same and it happened. so if you might say my internet connection then its No .... I play BF4 nearly everyday.

I can't prove it with a technical evidence but I can assure you I've been watching and analysing very close. and it can't be missed even when you use logic.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015