FarCry 4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Hi sorry for late reply,

whilst in game, pause and go to gfx menu change to high, go back in game, now do it 1x and change to your old settings.

This is how I fixed my jitter issue, also it normalized fps, had some weird 10-15fps drop, in both cases 99% gpu usage.. I double checked and restarted the game and it was still ok. :)
    Btw this was with 1.04 or 1.05 patch.

2. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    I keep reading about problems with stuttering. I have played this game for a little while but have never had any stuttering problems at all. I'm using a GTX-590 presently. I wonder if it has something to do with the more recent cards and the tech they employ.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    sht wish i didn't buy the PS4 version. looks so PS3 to me :(

game is satisfying. and they really did a good update to previous fc3 GAME.

i would only wish for : disabling hud elements etc would give u more xp lets say. why not?

4. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    I would upgrade my system for this game if I knew it would be a worthwhile purchase, but it seems everyone's experience varies. Right now, it runs okay for me on medium/high, no AA, sparse vsync, and a few .xml adjustments (the texture one and max frame buffer). The texture XML config was the game changer for me. It does significantly lower the texture quality, but I'm happy to have gained ~10 FPS.

The game is a lot of fun once you stop trying to get it performing to a degree that it just won't. In my case, my hardware is pretty lacking. My buddy has a ridiculous system and runs it no problems, everything maxed.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    found this PS4 vs PC video

i cant really pick a very difference or my eyes r fooling me in the video.

my ISP was on deal on this game so bought gold edition for PC too..fck me :(

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You fail, fatty. Should've bought 10 pizzas instead :p

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    bought isp version for 180 tl..gold edition. it was 260 tl 0_o

8. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    With the amount of time I spent on this game comparing visual settings I can tell the PC version in that video isn't running on Ultra.

It looks like medium settings with volumetic fog & SMAA. Also it appears AO is disabled as there's a lack of shadowing around certain objects.

The in-game brightness is set lower too, it looks like sh-t. I guess that was their aim.....to make PC look like garbage, lol :wanker:

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    your comment is such a relief to me man. still downloading the PC version. After sht PS43 version it will give me a good relief pls :wanker:

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    okay. ubi is being ubi?

i start the game. intro plays. then crashed to desktop. exe stopped working...how to fix this?

it exactly happens when; logging in and when i see menu elephant u know BAM. crashers :(

also having FAILED TO SYNC CLOUD SAVES error :(

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    fixed my problem with disabling cloud sync sht

game looks stunning. i use all max and custom settings as NVIDIA technology things in visual settings r ON and MAX too. and game runs not good :( why? my cpu clock i,s 4.1 GHZ. RAM is good. GPU is weak? unacceptable.

what GPU can run this at max?

switched to ULTRA setting and game runs super smooth. but when activating nvidia techs, not ;:(

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  12. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    Something has to be wrong there. You're processor clearly kills mine and I run mine max with all the bells and stuff and it runs fine. hmmmm.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I use VSYNC ON and all NVIDIA stuff is MAX too..urs?

14. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Turn off Godrays, Nvidia Fur and use SMAA. Use the following in your gamerprofile.xml:

<quality ResolutionX="1920" ResolutionY="1080" OtherQuality="high" EnvironmentQuality="ultrahigh" AntiPortalQuality="high" PortalQuality="high" PostFxQuality="ultrahigh" TextureQuality="ultrahigh" WaterQuality="ultrahigh" DepthPassQuality="high" VegetationQuality="ultrahigh" TerrainQuality="ultrahigh" GeometryQuality="ultrahigh" LightingQuality="high" ShadowQuality="softshadow" ShadowCinematicQuality="high" EditorQuality="default" Hdr="1" HdrFP32="0" ReflectionHdr="1" EnableVertexBinding="1" id="custom" />

Also try different values for GPUMaxBufferedFrames (0, 1, 2 or 3).

Should run smooth 60fps at 1080p.

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, Nvidia Hairworks/Fur looks horrible. And runs like complete crap. Setting Fur to simply "On" looks a LOT better.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    now all max include the things i say above and game runs @ 80 FPS. what kind of game is this?

all max and 80 FPS solid VSYNC o***305;n nvidia on all max at full hd. odd.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    any one aware of mods for FC4 ? probably u r but this is so old school hard core thing i was looking for. game is way easy so this make things harder

http://www.nexusmods.com/farcry4/mods/2/?

FC4 Far Cry 4 Immersion Mod

Features:

Fully compatible with Far Cry 4 version 1.7.0 offcial update.
    No other changes to the default game play mechanics. Visual changes only!

Removes the following:

* Removes startup logo movies
    * Removes flashing objects (chests, plants, dead bodies, etc)
    * Removes seeing enemies through walls
    * Removes enemies on the minimap
    * Removes Yellow / White objective arrows and pulsing circle around objectives.
    * Removes laser beams from sniper rifles.
    * Adds attachments back to weapons that normally could not accept them (Skorpion, M1911, etc. etc.)
    * Removes annoying constant on screen prompts such as vehicle controls, HOLD E to EXIT vehicle, HOLD R CANCEL ARROW / HOLD R NORMAL ARROW, HOLD F DROP BODY, HOLD Q to HEAL when you are hurt, etc.
    * Changes most keys to just press instead of press and hold.
    * Adds the following keys (can all be remapped):
    INTERACT: Press E to use or pickup items. Press and hold E to use grappling hook.
    RELOAD: Press RELOAD KEY to reload - press and hold RELOAD to bring up weapon wheel.
    HEAL: Press HEAL KEY to heal. Press and hold HEAL to bring up syringe wheel.
    HIDE HUD: Use the L key to hide your HUD completely (total immersion!)
    * Days and nights last a lot longer now (they are really too short in the default game)
    * Improved moon and stars images(textures by Ceano)

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I've tested it a while back, usually needs to be updated to be compatible with the newest patch and any files it modifies.

Speaking of patches it looks like a small hotfix has been released on both Steam and UPlay for the FC64.dll file, probably some minor issue they've fixed that was introduced in 1.8.0 but we'll see if/when they post the patch notes.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Yeah uplay patched my game 860 MB something. And performance looks way better.

20. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I'm at 1.8 and the update today was 39MB here, no version change. Performance has vastly increased in the game the last few patches, it use to take 1307MHz oc on my card for a consistent 60fps but now I can do the same with 1228.