Techland Announce Dying Light (PS3/360/PC/PS4/XBOXONE)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 23, 2013.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop

thats the thing only complain from my POV.

i was already level 17 18 before entering new city. i milked the game too much. free roamed alot before doing main quest. after getting CHEAT like skills, game started to be over easy and ...easy :(

Camuflage myself from zombies, no stamina drop. etc etc...so unbeatable.

2. evo161

evo161 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G
    whre is the AA settings and whats best choice ?

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's no AA besides the post-process solution.
    (Which I think is FXAA.)

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Digital Foundry say that it is SMAA T2x on the console versions, though flawed in its implementation, so I suspect it is the same type on the PC version.

Article here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-dying-light-face-off

Quote: "Dying Light operates at a rendering resolution of 1920x1080 on PS4 while Xbox One is in the region of 1536x1080, with both seemingly using a variant of SMAA T2X anti-aliasing. That's usually one of the best forms of post-process anti-aliasing available but in Dying Light, there are some noticeable 'ghosting' artefacts."

5. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Haven't you check game's settings? it's there it is smaa (kind of) but not so good and surely not on it's ULTRA setting... I haven't tried SweetFX smaa but I think only downsampling or DSR is better option for this game.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Finally finished. Done. Over. Finitto. Fin. Now far cry 4 time.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    oh and my last video.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  8. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Hehe,learn how to correctly link a youtube video dude..

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    ^Thank u bro. odd didn't work :(

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    thank u guys..i did those from phone so thought the issue is chrome browser on ***287;phone lol. thank u again.

11. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    No problem at all.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have just found that my Video.scr config file has the VisRange variable set to (8.26, 8.26). Wasn't that the original 100% draw distance setting? Should it now be a lower value or is that the correct one?

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That's the original pre-patched value, it should have reset to 2.x after starting the game with the patch aplied but perhaps there's some exceptions.

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It might be because I was using the Dying Light Mod Manager v0.10a and chose to reset the settings. I'm guessing that it has not been updated to reflect the new values and simply reset the draw distance to the original ones.

What is the default value please?

The game is running mostly fine at 8.26 but it is not a perfect 60 fps and has some stutter. I want to see if the new default runs better without any noticeable degradation of the visuals.

Thanks.

*EDIT*
    It's 2.60 I believe. Wow, that means the one I'm using is over three times that value! :3eyes:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  15. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Does anyone else get sub-par results with a GTX 980 in this game? It seems unoptimized. :( I get occasional dips in FPS...

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    cpu could be the main cause, is it OC'ed? Then its shadows - set to high, if its still not ok then you will have to lower view distance a bit..

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The next patch is in semi-open beta testing, reports on the Steam forums seem positive on the performance gains but they are on AMD systems though I'd imagine FPS improvements will be across all GPU and CPU models but maybe the gains won't be as large on Nvidia and Intel since they are already performing better.

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    W31c0m3t0b3tt3rH4rr4n

That's the password for the semi open beta testing I'm currently involved with myself if anyone would like to participate. It's roughly 450mb in size. Will be interesting to hear what results you chaps get with it. :)

19. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    Played for 4 hours yesterday, the game is a blast, getting better in parkour.

One thing, I turned on AA and didn't notice a hit in performance. Yesterday I forgot to turn on MSI Afterburner to overclock the videocard and check for gpu/cpu usage, but the game seems to run very well anyway. Is it possible that my cpu is the bottleneck here? When I exited the first times the GPU usage was never at the maximum. Neither was CPU usage - in fact core1 was mostly at the maximum while others were around 20-40% (all unparked). That's strange, because I have fps drops (maximum is now 50, using RadeonPro). I'll do a better test today.

20. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Thanks I'll be trying it out :)