Windows 8.1, 10 and AMD driver problems (sapp 7950 dualx) Computer wont turn off

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Mih4, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Mih4

Mih4 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire 7950 boost DualX
    Hi
    I have a weird problem. This problem is identical on windows 8.1 and 10. I have a sapphire 7950 Dual x GPU and AsRock B75M-ITX MoBo. When ever i have AMD driver installed (doesn't matter what version, beta or WHQL,) my computer wont turn of automatically when i initiate Shut Down. I see the shut down screen, then everything goes black and i see "no digital signal" notice on my screen. But the vents keep spinning. So it appears that the system does shut down but the vents do not. When i uninstall the AMD drivers everything work fine.
    Any one has any idea how to fix this. :bang:

2. far-cough

far-cough Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R7990 6GB
    typing powercfg.cpl in RUN dialog box and press Enter and then click on the "Choose what the power buttons do" link given in left sidebar.

Now scroll down to bottom and you'll see "Turn on fast startup (recommended)"

Disable the option by unchecking the checkbox and then click on "Save Changes" button.

try this:)

3. Mih4

Mih4 Guest

GPU:
    Nope does not help. The only way it works is if there is only MS basic driver (no AMD driver) installed

4. Mih4

Mih4 Guest

GPU:
    Hmm well that is odd.
    I let the windows automatically reinstall the latest drivers (14.201.1008.0 from 12. 08. 2014) and it works,... kind of. The problem here is i have my monitor connected via HDMI so overscan is off (the picture does not fit the whole screen, there is a thick black bezel around). The catch is that when ever i try to fix overscan in catalyst center (so the picture fit all the screen) the above problem appears. If i set the overscan function back to default everything is ok :bang::3eyes:
    WTF?!

5. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Maybe it has to do with your motherboard bios, update it and do a CMOS reset then reconfigure.

If you don't know how to do that, ask someone who knows.

6. Mih4

Mih4 Guest

GPU:
    Already done that. Mobo is up to date, This **** started on the day on. when i put the system together.

7. Mih4

Mih4 Guest

GPU:
    could it be gpu bios?
    Also i have Philips 234e5qhaw monitor. If i use my brother's dell u2312hm or LG 24mp55 monitor, i don't have to fix overscaning at all. The picture fits the screen great. A friend has the same monitor as i (with R280x gpu) he also had to fix the overscaning but he doesn't have any issues with turning off computer.

8. Mokum

Mokum Guest

GPU:
    x9 290x
    I only have this when a external usb drive is connected! When i disconnect them the problem is gone. (windows 10)

9. Mih4

Mih4 Guest

GPU:
    Nothing is connected .
    I put the card in a different computer (with windows 7 sp3) and the problem remains the same.