970 memory allocation issue revisited (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by morbias, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    New video is coming showing ~3650MB VRAM usage without issues.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Not everyone speaks (or reads) German. Take me for example. I know enough German to count to 10, and order a meal at the local German restaurant (which, coincidentally is owned by a German family that migrated here during WW2 and serves authentic German food).

3. Paul5850

Paul5850 Guest

GPU:
    Gainward Phantom GTX 970
    Wow, was too lazy. :nerd:
    I just did? What are the advantages?
    Lately, whenever I used it, it would mess up my BF4, always had to open it after starting the game!? Hope now it's fixed?

4. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    playing shadows or mordor,1080p vsync,tried dsr for 4k,barely got about 30fps,but vram usage was at 4011mb an was rather smooth, running it how i regularly play at 1080p sometimes can hit 3800+ usage on the vram but the game still runs smooth at 59.9/60 fps

5. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  6. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    i get that kind of crappy skipping on fc4 if i turn vsync on,i get better performance with vsync off on that game in particular,this issue is starting to sound like it will depend on a game by game basis,the plot thickens dun dun dunnnnnnnn lol

7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  8. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    [​IMG][​IMG]

A couple of pics usage of Dying Light on my 980. The first being somewhere around 3G usage and lowest frame time, the second being around 4G usage and highest frame time. The large spikes before hand are loading screen and transition.

I never did a video before so I have to read up on it but that will be tomorrow maybe, Super Bowl soon.

9. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
  10. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I don't care about frametimes as long as the game is butter smooth but i can make a video showing that too.

11. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    QUOTE=Memorian;5005634]Holy !@#$..

Look here :

http://www.computerbase.de/videos/2015-01/gtx-970-vs-gtx-980-2-monitore-far-cry-4/

The GTX970 is totally unplayable at 3135*1960/4xMSAA whereas the GTX980 is almost smooth.[/QUOTE]

Huh I cant see any problem with that ? most my games play like that. its normal, ya just moaning over nothing!! nah jk'n wtf lol that is shocking I have to admit lol for my £700 duo I hope its not "the way its meant to be played"

anyone wanna buy 2 gtx970's ? lol

btw that's not stutter that's a feckn slide show! :eek2:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  12. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'm not sure about that but if it's that case i want a refund.

13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Eclap, can you upload a quick video showing your VRAM exceeding the 3.5GB Barrier without issues ? Any game you want.

14. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    oh no I can see it now the Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Limpet edtion :frown:

oh well too late now, it is what it is\but not quite what Nvidia said it is but hey. so unless Nvidia does a call back then nothing else can be done about it ... next. do or should say starting to feel like Nvidia has kinda Spat\Spit in me face now though lol

(still trying) although I have not seen this happen on my setup so I don't know what to think if i'm truthful lol

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    hmmm, cba tbh.

will see if I can bring myself to do it. bare with me.

EDIT: Just tried Dying Light all maxed, reaching 3573mb vram usage, can't get over that. the game runs at 80fps though. So I'm struggling to make it use more than 3.5gb. Even all maxed out and running buttery smooth.

EDIT 2: what I'm trying to say is... I'm trying my hardest to make the game stutter and I just can't achieve that. this is at 1440p.

16. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I've made a few posts on problems with MMOs whereas the 570 had no issues, there were scenarios where the 570 performed better too and on same settings.

My cousin has a worse CPU and a 770 and doesn't have those issues as i've played on his house and noticed that.

I guess this explains it.

17. KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
    On my spec:

1600x1200, max fov, distance view 0, v-sync off, rest max out

RAM ok 7GB, Vram 3,5GB, PF ok 1,5GB. When PF is off game crash.

The game is not running smoothly all the time, the biggest "jams" are when it begins to any interaction with the environment or NPC.

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It has a memory leak, 8GB of RAM isn't enough for now.Devs confirmed working on a fix.

19. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    if this turns out to be correct then it means we can pretty much not believe the reviews of gfx cards to be 100% truthful info ... because why did they not come across this issue when they tested? surely they did not cherry pick games that would not of shown this issue if it is indeed true? can be the only questions to be asked?

this is one of my main arguments about the issue I read a lot of reviews and not one of them had this issue when they had there cards to test for the reviews.

some one needs to test farcry4 at the same settings as the video on an gtx970 see how it runs for them, I only have it on the PS4 ..

20. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Uploading a quick BF4 video right now showing ~3900MB VRAM usage without issues.Also, you can see frame times :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.