Can't use the dedicated graphics card to play games

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by PedroDMS, Feb 1, 2015.

1. PedroDMS

PedroDMS Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X
    Hello! I've just bought a new PC and was eager to download and play a game. I tried Crysis 2, but as soon as it started, I realized it was lagging (even in minimal settings). As I have a r9 270x and i5 4460, probably the problem isn't the hardware limitation. After some searching, I think that the problem is that my computer isn't using the Radeon at all (which explains why the Catalyst center doesn't have the logo or a "games" option). What do I do? I've tried accessing the BIOS, but I don't know how to use it nor how to configure the computer to use the Radeon always (and not Intel Graphics 4600). Thx for the attention!

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Look in the BIOS for onboard graphics / GPU / iGPU and disable it

3. PedroDMS

PedroDMS Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X
    Already tried to disable it via Device Manager, but it didn't go well. For some reason, my monitor doesn't turn on until Windows is fully started, so accessing the BIOS is impossible

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Plug the monitor into the onboard out on the back of the PC, boot into BIOS, set dedicated GPU as primary / disable onboard, save BIOS and shutdown - plug monitor into dedicated GPU, power on normally

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If you connected the monitor to the dedicated graphics card, it's forced to use it. If you're connected to the output for the integrated graphics, it's forced to use that.

The Radeon R9 270X is a budget graphics card. Don't expect too much in the way of performance.