The Guru3D Grand Theft Auto IV (PC) Thread - Pt.2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Dec 17, 2008.

1. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    is it possible to convert the game to use steam for mp?

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    No idea what Rockstar might be planning with that, looking at the SteamDB website a few more LIVE games were pulled from the store (The Club, Universe at War, Stormrise.) and a few others have in-house testing for updates that will probably switch them over from LIVE to Steamworks (Dawn of War 2, Ms. Splosion Man, possibly Dark Souls.) but I do not know what the status for GTA 4 is.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  3. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    GTA IV Watch Dogs mod.

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Haha nice, the car physics and controls are SOOOOOO much better (for me at least) in GTAIV than in WD, where even the ****iest car feels like a supercharged box.

5. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    So I've had GTA IV for years but never done more than a few hours, and my PC wasn't upto much then, should run better now. Anything I need to know, last time it was a massive pain with GFWL and Rockstar Social Club, will I need to dig out old accounts etc?

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I think the social club got removed in a patch, and you can use xliveless to get rid of GFWL.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/388658-relgtaiv-xliveless/

Worked fine for me, and its best to only patch to the 1.0.4.0, as that gives the best performance, and is better for mods.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  7. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Can anyone recommend a few graphical mods for GTAIV, compatible with 1.0.7.0?

I want to replay the game with prettier graphics, but as close to the original release as possible.

8. soulunite

soulunite Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB

Hi, I use 1.0.4.0 with iCE 3.0 however I have been advised CryENB (by Fabriciuz) is one of the latest and best looking ENBs for 1.0.7.0. However it is all a matter of taste :)
    (gta4-mods.com/misc/cryenb-v3-1070eflc-f30597)

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I did this 2 and half years ago, preferred L3VO enb. Real-life cars, completely maxxed out no pop up and no taxi bug! There was about 20 mods compiled into this running on v 1.0.4.0

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  10. soulunite

soulunite Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB
    Very nice Veteran! 7 year old game.. looks amazing! I hope GTAV modding is just as unlocked and creative on PC as it was with IV

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Tbh its looks alot like GTA 5 from the players perspective however GTA 5 has better graphics with regards to the other cars. Apart from that it looks very much like a stock GTA 5. Modded GTA4 was a difficult game to mod to get running correctly, not that easy to eliminate all the problems that are inherited with the engine and ****ty coding that GTA 4 is.

12. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Managed to get a refund from steam and ordered it from Rockstar Warehouse, you get the free game in March which sucks.

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Wait what! Are you kidding me or what! The free game of which is already out and has been for however many years now, you dont get it until gtaV is released?!! You preorder their 1.5 year old game and the bonus old free game you dont get until the 1.5 year old game is released!

What! What!! How much more stupid can this inept company get.

I..m...wtf!

Honestly man, cancel that pre-order full stop. You are getting absolutely nothing for it.

**** it. Cancel that pre-order and I will steam gift you (or gog) the game of which you chose as the pre-order bonus!

14. Quadrado

Quadrado Guest

GPU:
    4gb
    i don't even.

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I don't even either, funny man.

Actually I decided yesterday to finally play trough Bad Blood DLC after not touching the game since I finished it last summer and instantly got pissed at the driving again. It's still utter, utter ****.

16. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Eh? I preordered on Warehouse and got my free game instantly. I picked LA Noire, never played it but the game is pretty good.

17. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    The wold felt just.. plain boring. Story and characters were even worse. 0 motivation to complete, I probably played ~enough to get the avg persons full completion run, but I doubt I made it past half way through the story.

18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Latest iCEnhancer preview, looks sick:

19. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Well.... I haven't played LA Noire and it looks awesome, if you can prove me wrong in the sense that you can get LA Noire cheaper in the steam sale than the Pre-Order percentage of the game cost. Pls do...

San Andrea's is like £2.50 in steam sale or something?

20. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Complete Edtion of LA Noire is £24.99 outside of steam sale, I think I did good here maybe?

Orly?, you get the pre order bonus email or something?