TheWorse v1.0 with Configurable Options

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by cmh175, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Martian

Martian Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8GB 12Gbps
    Hmm, I don't know why but I keep getting:
    Creating working versions of patch files...failed!

Here's the debug.txt log:
    <![LOG[-- Mod installation started at ne 16.11.2014 23:46:48 --]LOG]!><time="23:46:48.000+540" date="11-16-2014" component="WDModInstallerDebug" context="" type="1">
    <![LOG[ appPath: E:\WDmod]LOG]!><time="23:46:48.000+540" date="11-16-2014" component="WDModInstallerDebug" context="" type="1">
    <![LOG[ installPath: C:\Games\Uplay\WD]LOG]!><time="23:46:48.000+540" date="11-16-2014" component="WDModInstallerDebug" context="" type="1">
    <![LOG[ modPath: E:\WDmod\mods]LOG]!><time="23:46:48.000+540" date="11-16-2014" component="WDModInstallerDebug" context="" type="1">
    <![LOG[ - Preparing directories]LOG]!><time="23:46:48.000+540" date="11-16-2014" component="WDModInstallerDebug" context="" type="1">
    <![LOG[ Succeeded]LOG]!><time="23:46:48.000+540" date="11-16-2014" component="WDModInstallerDebug" context="" type="1">
    <![LOG[ - Creating working versions of patch files]LOG]!><time="23:46:48.000+540" date="11-16-2014" component="WDModInstallerDebug" context="" type="1">
    <![LOG[ Failed with 53!]LOG]!><time="23:47:26.000+540" date="11-16-2014" component="WDModInstallerDebug" context="" type="3">
    I've tried only merging the textures or any possible combination, but after a while the MOD Installer just fails for me every time :(

What I've tried
    - re-downloaded the package
    - renaming the main folder after extract
    - installed Visual Basic from your link

Any suggestions? Thx

2. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Cmh, TXGT has been changing Yizan's train headlight, he has successfully created the width of the light to be shown on walls, for example: the side of the Ambrose in the E3 2012 trailer, it is pretty much the same as E3. Here is the link to that, it already has all the headlight shadows integrated in so no worrys, just replace the yizan's headlight shadows with TXGT, trust me, his are much better! :D http://www.mediafire.com/download/s283wlg8694zg69/TXGTs_lib_E3_L-Train_lights_v2.0.zip

3. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    did you have enough disk space on your hdd

4. monkeymagoo

monkeymagoo Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290
    Strange headlight issue

This mod is working for me and looks really good but I'm having one problem - all headlights have a fuzzy white halo around them, but they are offset from where they should be i.e. for a car headlight, they appear maybe 2 feet to the left of the light source. I think they're oval too, rather than circular.

I'm not at my home computer but I'll take a screenshot tonight. I haven't seen this effect on any of the screenshots I've seen so far.

I was wondering if anyone else is getting this and knows which setting controls this?

Thanks

5. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    hm. did you mean this

6. monkeymagoo

monkeymagoo Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290
    Not quite - that looks a lot better than what I see actually!

They are quite solid looking - very noticable and quite distracting, and they look as though they should be placed right where the headlights should be but, they're in the wrong place. Like this:

/\ <--- supposed to be the glow from headlight?
    | | ___
    | | | O | <-- headlight
    | | ----
    \/

Difficult to remember exactly so I will post a screenshot later.

7. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    ok, than it must be an issue of the dynamiclightprefab.lib to the dependig light_lensflare_01a.xbt

did you change /add some of these files to the main mod?

8. monkeymagoo

monkeymagoo Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290
    I haven't manually edited any files, but I have been experimenting with the various mod options quite a bit, so I think I'll revert it all back to the vanilla game + vanilla mod and start again (paying close attention to those files you mentioned). It doesn't look too bad to be honest but I am interested in tracking it down so I'll have a play with it tonight and see how far I get.

Thanks for the tips, appreciate the help.

9. monkeymagoo

monkeymagoo Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290
    Hmm, I cant post links to my image because i'm new. Maybe the link will work

dropbox.com/sh/i0vc9d1kufnjk24/AACXXhgsyRNex8AE1NvE9Gmia?dl=0

Prefix with https

10. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    The game files in the mod are fine, otherwise this would be a wide spread issue. What texture are you using? Take a look at the options from SoloCreep. Swapping out the texture will probably resolve the issue.

11. monkeymagoo

monkeymagoo Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290
    Not sure which texture options I'm using right now but I will try the SoloCreep option for sure. Barely had time to take the screenshot last night but I'll spend a bit of time on it tonight hopefully. Thanks again!

12. monkeymagoo

monkeymagoo Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290
    SoloCreep's lense flares did the trick. Not sure how I got it into that state (too much tinkering!) but it looks fantastic now. Cheers guys.

13. Shabaco

Shabaco Guest

GPU:
    -
    has anyone discovered how to remove the bloody screen?

14. ClaudeLib

ClaudeLib Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980 4GB
    Hey guys, I'm new here. Amazing mod, any chances to see it optimized for 1.06.329 patch?

15. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Unless there's been a new patch in the last few weeks than the mod is up to date. The game always checks the version number when it boots so if it's behind it'll prompt you to download the new one.

16. ClaudeLib

ClaudeLib Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980 4GB
    Changelog:
    And the latest patch is 1.06.329, at least my game says so. I wouldn't want to downgrade since the last patch is reported to have increased the game perfomance.
    P.S. I remember that some older version was just patch.dat/fat file replacement. I guess this new version uses different method, so it may be actually compatible with newer patches. If that's the case, then I'm sorry for bringing this up, I just haven't looked into it yet.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  17. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I did start noting patch versions for updates, but honestly I'm not even sure that's up to date anymore. Either check the release date for the patch (the latest version of the mod is from Sept I believe) or try booting the game with the mod. If it's not the correct version you'll be prompted to update. Development for the mod has been disconnected at this point (I haven't played WD in several months), I'm actually kind of surprised how much attention the game is still getting here, but I'll keep the mod up to date with UBI patches. I'll probably need to be told when there's a new release though.

18. pilman

pilman Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 770 4 gig
    I keep getting a not responding error and I have to close but the installer stays open and says it finished, not sure if this is a error or not or something to be concerned about?

19. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I'm not really sure. The best answer I can give you is to check the patch files installed in your game directory. If they say they've been modified in the last minute or so, and the file size is larger than 0, than it's probably fine.

20. rohithkumarsp

rohithkumarsp Guest

GPU:
    NMsi GTX560Ti Twin Forzr2

the version are at 1.6