Heres my new X99 Build.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by A M D BugBear, Jan 24, 2015.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Hope you all like it, I think it looks alright.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Corsair screw kit, the screws are to long, so I had to use zip ties on the fans, also, I put the stock haf exhaust case fan on top of the case, Originally I was going to do a push and pull configuration, the corsair screws are to long. The zip ties were in the way when I was trying to mount the fans on top of the radiator, so I just put the stock haf fan on top, not to bad, Dont normally do this, lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LOL, don't mind the double sli cables, I know it makes no difference, I put it there because I am known to lose things, so I put it in there so I won't lose it. I am known to misplace things.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  2. Fulgore04

Fulgore04 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce 980 Strix
    nice build, looks similar to mine :D

3. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    Now that you have a kickass system, organize your cables!!! I don't think the 5820K is that hot that you'll need a push-pull configuration unless you use Prime (or 100% + AVX). By then however, you'll be maxing out how much heat the AIO can dispatch (amount of fluid, pump).

4. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Nah man leave your cables as are, be in the messy club.

5. chimchim

chimchim Guest

GPU:
    nothing
    Your cable 'management' is a disgrace.

6. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Seeing that top gpu bend a little bit.

[​IMG]

7. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    What's disgraceful about it ?

I find the not giving a f*ck about it attitude very graceful.

F*cking PC snobs are everywhere these days.

8. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I couldn't care less about cable management, when I put the side panel on I don't see it.

Cases with side windows & LED's everywhere never appealed to me.

9. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Totally agree. Granted if I'm building a window build for someone I'll make things nice and tidy, but I personally care about cable management as far as ensuring airflow isn't a problem. I don't see that being a problem with this build to be honest, it might not be pretty but who cares if the OP is happy? It's a fantastic build and I'm sure he'll get a lot of pleasure out of it.

10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    [​IMG]

Organized some stuff.

Well you got to understand, the cpu power cable ain't long enough to go from side the case then back in, so cant hide the cpu power cable.

I hope you all like the newer photo better.

The plug that's sticking out, the male plug, near the tubes, thats for the side cover stock fan, the big one.

Also, The pci-e Power cables thats going to the first gpu, I try to go from the other side of the case then back then, guess what?, the wires aint long enough, so I can't even hide the pci-e cables for gpu 1, I hid the other one though.

The gpu 1 pci-e cables, thats the hard wired one, coming directly from the psu.

I think it looks better.

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  12. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    It does actually, a lot of room around the CPU area like that I'd say your good to go.

13. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

I already tried several times, Its to short, its a no go.

I could try to go behind the ssd bay area but the cpu wire length is running to short.

as far as the pci-e cable, the hard wired one from the psu to the 1st gpu, I can go with the modular cable one but that leaves the hard wired in the case just sitting in there, lol.

Heres a better photo quality, take a look:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Nice build! Although I'm afraid you'd have to change name to IntelNvidiaBugBear now :D

And I agree, screw the cable management. As long as airflow works and you don't gain much by changing it, leave it be. It's got to work first, then be nice if it's possible, thinking like an engineer ;)

15. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    Nice build m8 we got similar rigs, Wich case is that modded Haf X ?
    Btw why are u using 2 sli bridges ?

And btw dont bow them in, its better for the airflow, to let them be straight, also u get les heat when not bowed for the first fan of your g1.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Haf 932 Advanced.

What do you mean by not bow them in??? the stock intake case fan?

I used both sli cables because I am known to lose stuff alot out of the blue, lol, I know it makes absolutely no difference but I put it there so I wont misplace it like I do with other stuff.

Also in regards about the cpu cable, pci-e cable thats showing in front of the pic, I could hide them, it took some lil thought in the process, Just flip the psu upside down, but the problem lies is this, the psu wont get the proper airflow from the fan because the psu is upside down, hard wired cables coming directly from the psu can go behind the case alot more eaiser but now the fan from the psu is not getting the proper airflow. I know I can do it this way and hide more cables and look more better but at cost of airflow going into the psu, is this a good idea? I think the case has some air holes where you put the psu, can flip it upside down, the case has some stand pegs but very small, not good idea to get good airflow going into the psu.

Far as people saying the 1st gpu seems crooked a bit, I can put something inbetween the 2 cards at the end of the card so it can be managed better but that will also drag the 2nd gpu down a bit

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  17. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Oh just off topic a bit here, I now tested my cpu @ 4.7 @ 1.410Vcore with aida64 extreme bench with full cpu test except memory(Already know its stable), seems very stable thus far, hasn't flunked for like hr and a half, max temp on one core, 89C, thats with the stock exhaust fan mounted on top of the case.

I can go higher with the cpu clock, I might try but its already getting to hot, but I think it will be alright, its not like its staying consistent 89C at all times, the temps fluctuates like from low 60's to upper 80'C, its not all the time 89C so its all good, otherwise I would have stopped testing long time ago, so far so good.

Over 1 hr and a half stable, I am happy with that.

Nothing has failed.

UPDATE:

On a second thought, I pass, lol. I tried 4.8 @ 1.410V just to see how fast it would flunk, it flunked like within seconds.

Just from 4.6 to 4.7, I jumped the vcore from 1.325 to like 1.410, thats a big jump for just 100mhz, big jump in voltage.

I might need like 1.5v+ and I dont have enough cooling power, This is good for now, :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  18. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I would just keep it at 4.6 with much lower voltage, the gain in +100mhz is not worth the heat, power consumption and possible chip degradation.

Getting 89º on a core on Aida64 is just too high, that should only happen with AVX2, like Prime95 28.5 (don't even try it, at that voltage there's a risk you'll kill your CPU!).

With 4.6Ghz @ 1.325 you'll probably get about 65º~75º max in AIDA64, which I would consider completely a completely safe overclock. I wouldn't go over 1.350 with an H100i.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  19. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

Also, there is a FPU benchmark within Aida64 Xtreme, I also have overheat protection turned on within coretemp, lol, sucker went as high as 100+c, the overheat protection didn't kick in until the bench was finished, Talk about hot, jeezus.

I got my new tweaks now, take a look at the left, :)

20. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

I could put the psu on top then the corsair cooling on the bottom and get much better cable management but is that even worth doing??