DA:I Flickering with crossfirex on.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Gapster, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Gapster

Gapster Guest

GPU:
    2xSapphire R9 290x Tri-x
    Hi, I just tried to play DA:I, started with dwarf and all tests was on the starting bridge looking around on snow mountains. Randomly, there is flickering polygons on that mountains from black to normal, all max settings, from 1080p to 3200*1600 VSR. When I turn off crossfirex all is normal. I found this post, and try to set 55 fps max in radeonpro, flickering gone. Also tried to swap cards to test it, lower clocks of cards, up voltage on memory/gpu. Maybe someone knows better decision of this problem?
    P.S. Also wanna know is someone have this trouble too?

2. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    Mantle or directX?

3. Gapster

Gapster Guest

GPU:
    2xSapphire R9 290x Tri-x
    directx, i'll try with mantle and add whats happened.
    upd: Tried mantle, and it works excellent, no more flickering, more fps (68 min on mantle and 59 min on dx with 2560*1440 VSR, have 75Hz mon, so do not know averages), but mantle first loading was too long. Anyway, maybe someone suggest how reinstall dx libraries or something, i'm using win 7 64. And thx for aiming to a point.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  4. kybeer

kybeer Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950
    I also have the flicker problem with Microsoft DX11 (crossfire) but not with AMD Mantle. AMD Mantle on the other hands always give me much longer loading times.

5. Gapster

Gapster Guest

GPU:
    2xSapphire R9 290x Tri-x
    Here is video of mine trouble: http://youtu.be/2D888dXzoqs.

I found this one on youtube and there is also flickering, but not so massive like i have.

UPD: Today i update to 4790k and what is really strange, flickering still here, but it's much much smaller, i going around about 3 mins and saw only 8 flickering polygons, very strange.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015