Essence STX II Opamp test guide coming soon!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Nov 17, 2014.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Hey guys just wanted to give ya an update. During the STX II thread, I mentioned a full length in depth opamp testing/modification guide for the Essence STX II.
    For those interested, it is still coming and is in the works. There is a great deal of testing and information to go through and compile so be patient it is on the way!

For those familiar with testing opamps, quick A/B testing does not work, you have to spend time with each new configuation...I have spent about 1-2 weeks with each new opamp configuration and I used quite a few opamps.
    Everything from discrete amps to high end/high dollar opamp units.

So for those interested, should be great!

2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Waiting for this...

3. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    ooooh! Yeh!

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    This a good thing as it will save people time when they go look for different op-amps to use. So they can just read your results and select from them.If you can, give the LME4990's a try robscix, I never gotten around to try those out in the days of rolling op-amps.

Asus needs to create a sound device that takes Vacuum Tube's and have a wide range of supported one's. Imaging a Asus STX but with Mini or Driver Vacuum Tube's since they can be small.

5. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    This would be awesome for the future, hope they can do it :)

regards,
    RagDoll.

6. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    Has the opamp test guide been posted yet?
    Thanks

7. rene mauricio

rene mauricio Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    It has been a little over 2 months now. I guess this will never materialize? In any case I was hoping someone here who owns the II could possibly tell me which of the included OPAMPS is their favorites.

8. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Congrats on not actually reading the contents of this thread.

9. rene mauricio

rene mauricio Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    Get the hell out of here with that high and mighty garbage.

About nine weeks ago he wrote the following.

From this first sentence we see he is giving an UPDATE. Since that time no further UPDATE(S) have been given.

Again, 9 weeks without an update. As someone who found both his Titanium HD and ZXR reviews to be both spot on and insightful, I can not help but wonder what happened.

Oh, I am VERY familiar. Yet seeing as how he never mentioned how many configurations he was looking to undertake, 1-2 weeks per would suggest he was looking at a minimum of 5+ if he were working on this non stop.

This would be a good time to point out that I am not the first to ask how he is making out with his tests. Go look at his other threads. It is not like ROB to start a topic and not reply back after 2+ months.

I am still interested but can understand if this never actually comes to fruition. If in case it never does I figured the next best thing was to ask what other's are using with this card. I thought for sure someone would have gone out by now and purchased a pair of MUSES 01/02 and tried them out - or perhaps some would have gone through the included ones and definitively like one more than the rest.

Congratulations on your lack of reading comprehension, kid. Perhaps a little less time trolling internet forums and more time at school will fix you right up.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    That's a funny read :0

But I don't mind long or looonger waiting time at all.
    Particularly and especially if great care has been taken to make sure that ABX is done properly.
    Quickie write-up - net is full of those, and there is no need for another one.

BTW here are NwAvGuy's Heaphone Amp Measurement Recommendations
    , if someone needs them :book:

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Leave Rob alone he got caught up in personal business. It can't be help, You will just have to wait til he able to come back to the forums. He's going thru something right now. When hes able to come back, he will.

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Guys relax.....Things are progressing.

To do the article properly, time needs to be taken to do the comparisons correctly or else it is of no use to anybody.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  13. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti

Real life happens, no need to be an entitled as*hole about it. Remember this great information is all free for you to enjoy. I don't understand some people, who need to be updated every 5 minutes.

It was also stated by ROBSCIX in this thread the reason why the article was taking this amount of time. I personally find it pretty obvious that to test a wide variety of op amps, it's going to take a good long time. You'd realize this from the first mention of this article, if you had any common sense. Therefor as you can see, it's not necessary to be updated about it's progress constantly.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  14. zais

zais Guest

GPU:
    can u do review on burson discreete opamp & new digital d class opamp :)

[​IMG]

15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I don't have any Burson opamps. I am pretty sure I have some new class D units kicking around though. I have used discretes in some of my tests in this upcoming article.

16. nxtrice

nxtrice Guest

GPU:
    AMD Fury X Crossfire
    Good afternoon all! Is this forum still alive? Just ordered my STX II 7.1... I am assuming opamps will still make a difference in the 7.1 analog out? Any help? Thanks!

17. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    question of the year

18. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yes they still will make a difference, also how much you hear it will also depends on your gear that your using as well with the way they sound.

19. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900