AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I never said that I was going to buy a NVIDA card.

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

If I recall right; MHO is a GameWorks title. So... you may as well give up any hope of playing it comfortably on AMD hardware; and you can thank NVIDIA for that.

3. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    Does anyone use those in Windows 10 Preview version?

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Those as in this 14.12 driver?

I tried it; and it worked fine on my 7850, but bezel compensation wouldn't work on Eyefinity (probably related to something on that OS build).

So aside from that; everything else worked fine.

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    And poor optimizing on the devs part.

6. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    Ok, thanks, then I'm installing them :)

7. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    In the past few days I started messing around with streaming to Twitch, and was having some serious problems with laggy gameplay in Battlefield 4. The framerate would dip below 50 in worst cases, usually "just" to ~55. Unfortunately, it seems like the stuttering is noticeable everytime framerate goes below 60 in my case. Normally I wouldn't care whether it's 60 or 55 really.
    I was trying all kinds of funky settings combinations until I realized it was not the streaming software and too high CPU usage that was causing it. It was happening even when not streaming! I just probably didn't notice before, because I was just playing, not paying attention to little details.
    It doesn't happen all the time, just in some random situations, in random spots on various maps.
    I started looking even closer, and even when streaming, total CPU usage was not going over 70-80% (there were no 100% spikes). And then I noticed. GPU usage was as low as 30% in those laggy situations. What the hell...? I have no idea what to do at this point. Does anyone have similar experiences? I guess that could be a driver problem, right?
    P.S. 64bit version of BF4, Dx11 (obviously), vsync on, Cat 14.12.

8. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    As i can see here the game is unplayable on any hardware you launch it on, it can dip to 30 fps even on sli of geforce 980s. This is ridiculous and buying the game seems to be waste of money even worse than ac unity.

9. Jysoul

Jysoul Guest

GPU:
    2 x ASUS R9 280X OC
    I experience the exact same FPS as you on a single 280x OC and if I put the 2nd 280x into CF, FPS drops further 10%, so in CCC I have a profile for BF4.exe (64-bit) to disable CF.

I've read that it's poor performance because it's running on Windows 7 and if I used Windows 8.1, FPS would be higher.

Only other difference is Vsync is off.

My PC is i5-4690k with 16gb ram (pc3-19200) and Samsung 840 evo SSD

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  10. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Well, with vsync off the game looks horrible. The image is choppy as hell, and I bet I'd get a headache after a while.
    The funny thing is, most of the time I could get 80+ FPS with vsync off, but with it on, it dips below 60 fairly often.
    The other interesting thing is how horribly unoptimized the game apparently is. Somewhere around D flag on Shanghai, my FPS drops down to like 45 even with vsync off, with AA disabled, and other settings on ultra. And that's on empty map! When I turn around slightly, it jumps to 90. I mean, eww!

I wish I could use Mantle, but I can't.

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I do not have dips but then again I am running the game on mantle which I suppose isn't an option.

12. Jysoul

Jysoul Guest

GPU:
    2 x ASUS R9 280X OC
    I use Mantle over DX11 for the 5% increase in FPS and yes Seige at Shanghai is one of the maps where my system ~55 FPS, which is poor. Settings are High and AA disabled (makes really no difference to FPS).

13. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Regarding ingame settings, I found out that
    1) AA in BF4 is completely pointless, because one of the settings doesn't do anything and the other messes the image up, and
    2) if we disregard the settings that should be on ultra no matter what (textures and mesh), the ONLY thing that affects FPS at all is lighting quality. Interestingly, there's no change on high, but medium gives me decent FPS boost while still looking good enough.

I would use Mantle, but I stream and use Afterburner's overlay :/

14. stdavidchen

stdavidchen Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Based on this result, I will stay away from that game.

15. Jysoul

Jysoul Guest

GPU:
    2 x ASUS R9 280X OC
    Or wait for and replace with 380X to get at least 46 FPS :kermit:

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Steams overlay now supports mantle, streaming and fps overlay and works with non-steam games (i tried it with DAI no problem)

Also raptr.

This is why I owned a G-19, and now a Deathstalker Ultimate to avoid on-screen overlays.

17. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    I have a monitor that supports DisplayPort 1.2. Not that I need it, but after enabling it, Windows boots into black screen, or rather, screen turns black just as desktop is supposed to show up. The PC is not locked up or anything, but there's just no signal whatsoever.
    Is that perhaps a known Catalyst bug or something?
    Interestingly, if I switch the monitor to DP 1.2 when the PC is already running, it's perfectly fine.

18. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Try with other display port cable.

19. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    also, check autosense settings on the monitor, it could be screwing up the input.

20. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Auto what?

I am using the cable that came with the monitor, and I don't understand why should I try any other when this one works perfectly fine.