Pre-order GTA 5 on PC and you'll get a free game

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 19, 2015.

1. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yes, a free game with 19 songs removed. Thanks Rockstar. Great effort.

2. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    No no no to preordering. Paying for something that's not finished is just stupid. Even if it's cheaper.

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    True it should be way better then gta 4 release. I think rockstar is a company that learns from their mistakes somewhat.

4. stdavidchen

stdavidchen Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    60 euros is really too much for a PC game ... will not consider pre-order ...
    will wait for the price drop after release.

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Hey guys, I think of a few of us need to watch our language...:D

But I'm okay with it, planned on preordering GTAV anyway so now I just gotta decide what else I want.

6. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Can I pick GTAV as the free game?

7. cps1974

cps1974 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX770 4GB

I have no issue in pre-ordering games particularly if a discount is to be had, you pay the money and need to understand it can be considered by some to be a risky approach

however the titles are so old / cheap they do not tempt me to pre-order, that might differ for you

having played the 360 version for many many hours (I have 2 online characters, both at level 166 - been playing on and off since first released) don't let the $1M cash bonus swing it for you - it would be very easy to earn this money legit in game - or just duplicate some cars and sell them (see youtube). the 500K for the offline character will just shorten/make easy the single player campaign

I do plan on getting it but will probably wait for the 1st significant steam sale after release, I'd also be very surprised if the PC release is not delayed further

8. chimchim

chimchim Guest

GPU:
    nothing
    I would have paid full price/preordered had Rockstar not royally took the piss. What will it be 18 months +?

I will wait for a Steam sale now because of this. Their tactics have not worked on me as I did not purchase the game on another platform wanting to experience the PC version only. I love the GTA series but delay after delay have just diluted any excitement I had for this game.

9. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    with all the game's that have released to a complete fail in the last year alone, you'd think that pre-orders would go the way of the dinosaur...and myspace. :)

10. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I don't always agree with PCMR, but I tend to be siding with the idea that pre-orders should be abolished.

I pre-ordered Witcher 3 because I wanted to support CDPR.. but aside from that, I have decided to no longer support pre-orders and this game will be no exception.

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    It's on Amazon for £34.99 inc vat for the physical copy/DVD (comes with a map?)

Yet, digital download is £39.99...

12. chimchim

chimchim Guest

GPU:
    nothing
    I want it on Steam though, where all my other GTA games are...

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, as you need to enter rockstar's 'social' club anyway, you'd actually go for double drm. But, as my next rig's not supposed to have an optical drive by default, I'd most likely prefer the steam version too...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  14. PeteBeMe

PeteBeMe Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce
    I haven't used an optical drive for half a year. Have a USB DVD-RAM drive for my newest PC/partner's MacBook Air and a BluRay reader/DVD burner in my old Laptop. Last time I used a Optical Drive was to install Windows and Battlefield 4. Many GB of updates and games later...

15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I stand to be corrected, but if you have a key and the game, you can put anything on steam.

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Exactly... I'll just hang it in for windows to install, but even BF I'd get via download, I'd have to let it run overnight anyway. And with GTAV it would probably be similar.

17. chimchim

chimchim Guest

GPU:
    nothing
    Is this right?

18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    More or less. You can import games into the library to launch them via steam, but little more. Not every game that does have a digital steam version and a retail box version works that way I believe. There's a seperate list of which games do can be registered via entering the key in steam's product activation mask, it's somewhere in the faq, and it's far from every game.

19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    GTA4 you could. Buy it from a shop and then put it on steam, the only thing you had to do was install rockstar social club as a side DRM

20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Ah, cool thing! I bought mine on steam, so I didn't know for sure. Probably will do so if I get GTAV.