G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hehe stuff that might come in handy with lots of time at one's hands, but that's the kind of epic adventure I'd love to play, but most likely never will :p

2. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Your Enb is gorgeous and performs really well.So well in fact I thought I'd have to turn down from your Ultra preset but it's smooth.Only thing is the auto focus gets a bit annoying after a while but all in all my fav enb so far. :D

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    THe game i love to hate as i hate getting sucked into modding it. Once the fun wears off, i find it to be the most boring attractive game I've come across. Theres so much room to have nothing to do.

4. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    hehe I never dug too deep into that modding part, I never bothered to set up ENB as I'd most likely see horrible performance with something like that. I just kept to texture and gameplay mods mostly.

5. tapioks

tapioks Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    @dragondale

Hey thanks, glad you are enjoying it! :)

You can disable the depth of field effect in the in-game editor (or in the enbseries.ini file) if you prefer to play without this effect.

Here are a couple new videos where I am playing with the default High preset of the mod on my 780m laptop, I even managed to capture one in 1080p and with good sound quality this time :p

[​IMG]
    Shearpoint Showdown - 1080p @30FPS

[​IMG]
    Volskygge Complete Playthrough - 900p @30FPS

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  6. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Just re installed this with my new set up and I am getting freezing in game now, only for 2 seconds like loading textures, what the hell?

Any tips to stop this, much worse in morrowind areas.

This is vanilla game without any mods yet. Also has this on old system I just thought it may be fixed by now.

7. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Well get your self sorted with the must have mods - aka skse + enboost.

They change the way ram and vram gets used, considering it's vanilla skyrim those "should" fix any issues. Also turn off SLi first - then try with it on.

8. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Cheers, will give it a go :)

9. tapioks

tapioks Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  10. tapioks

tapioks Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    - Consolidated videos in later post. -

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I know I'm fairly late with asking this, and probably I'm making you wonder if I'm totally living on the dark side of the moon, but...

I'll build a new rig, and actually I wanted to install Skyrim on it again. As I've never properly set up any shader mods or something like ENB, I'd want to ask, does somebody of you have a proper tutorial at hand for setting something like this up? I'd be thankful for a hint in that matter.

12. tapioks

tapioks Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    @fantaskarsef

The installation instructions for my Skyrim ENB preset break everything down in clear and explicit detail :)

Skyrim Enhanced Shaders NLA

Just scroll down to the installation section of the mod description, or download the mod and see the README file if you prefer to read offline.

It's actually not that difficult, just a few steps you have to follow. Good luck... let me know how it goes...? I'm always happy to lend a hand.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Thanks for the hint, I'll check this out once I get home (and once again after setting up my new rig).

14. tapioks

tapioks Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    - Consolidated videos in later post. -

15. tapioks

tapioks Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    Here's a small set Skyrim ENB tech demo videos to share. For your consideration:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
  17. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    On GTX970, you will not have much of a problem at all. I'm getting 42-50fps with tons of mods running.

18. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Thats good! I will try to get all those from the video info. REally like the look of that one.

19. tapioks

tapioks Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    Hi Skyrim adventurers! I've got a couple new ENB effect demo videos to share for all you graphics enthusiasts out there...

This video demonstrates the screen-space ambient occlusion (SSAO) effect of ENB series for Skyrim. Ambient occlusion is an effect that calculates how exposed each point in a scene is to ambient lighting; areas with less light exposure, like corners & crevices,are darkened accordingly. ENB's implementation of SSAO is more sophisticated than most found in commercial games today; it respects lighting and transparency, and applies realistic darkening to affected areas rather than overlaying 'black blobs' as bound in some games. (*cough* ... Far Cry 4 ... *cough*). SSAO can be considered a 'sister effect' to screen-space indirect lighting (SSIL).

[​IMG]
    Screen-Space Ambient Occlusion Tech Demo - 1080p@30FPS

This video demonstrates the volumetric mist effect of ENB series for Skyrim. ENB for Skyrim allows for volumetric mist to be added to areas of the game world. The appearance of mist depends on weather conditions and requires an ENB preset designed to use the effect, such as Enhanced Shaders NLA.

Volumetric mist helps foggy days feel more atmospheric, and also helps to mask lower quality distant textures and models with a realistic effect.

[​IMG]
    Volumetric Mist Tech Demo - 1080p @ 30FPS

20. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Couldnt be bothered with ENB in the end, installed mod for bvetter water, trees, fog, mountains. No time to play around with ENB.
    Are there any good bow mods that anyone can recommend? I am going for bow/silent kills.