ReShade - Advanced post-processing everywhere (SweetFX)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by CeeJay.dk, Nov 30, 2014.

1. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    when i try for example
    resident evil 5
    and
    assassin's creed unity with this

i got this error

[​IMG]

i have windows 8.1 64bit, i5 4430 and gtx 970
    any suggestion?

thanks

2. Dr4Wm4N

Dr4Wm4N Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 3090
    Thank you very much !

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

Unless I read it wrong you have named the .dll "d3d11.dll" when it should be "dxgi.dll" for D3D10 and D3D11 :)

4. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    so, how i fix this problem?

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Copy ReShade64.dll to where you have installed the game (Unity is a 64-bit game.) and place it together with the game exe (Which in this case is right in that folder instead of say a separate bin folder or similar.) then rename ReShade64.dll to dxgi.dll and that's it.
    (d3d9.dll for DirectX 9 games, OpenGL32.dll for any game using OpenGL and dxgi.dll for DX10 and DX11 games.)

:)

Oh and don't forget to copy the SweetFx folder and the Sweet.fx shader file to get the shaders working.
    (They go in the same folder as the .dll file above.)

EDIT: However I just remembered something important, Assassins Creed: Unity can be a very finicky game to get working with ReShade, there's a very high chance of the depth buffer hook not working and that means you lose effects like depth of field.
    (Also make sure MSAA is disabled, usually having it on means the depth buffer won't hook but other effects work fine however with this game it's likely ReShade won't work at all if you have MSAA enabled so turn that off and instead maybe use SMAA in the ReShade SweetFx shader or use FXAA in-game.)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  6. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    Is there anyway to run GeDoSaTo and reshade at the same time?

For instance, I want to run Dark Souls 2 with the downsampling and SSAO, but do all the bloom and post effects stuff with reshade, but I can run the game with one or the other, but not together. It just crashes.

I'm seeing people playing with gedosato and reshade and it's just not working for me.

*Edit*

Okay.....so if I right click the game from the exe, hit properties and uncheck "disable display scaling..." and then run the game as administrator (not from steam, from the exe directly) is gives me a reshade message that I say yes to....and then the game works. Gedosato and reshade together all happy.

But then when i exit the game, the setting is checked back on, i have to uncheck it, start the exe, recieve the same reshade message and so on and so forth.

Very odd. Also, the games particles and sounds are completely broken when runnign rehsade + gedosato. Summon signs don't appear, even the ones I put down. Bonfires have no flames, no sound. Drinking estus, you can't even see the bottle or hear the sound effects from drinking, but this is a whole other issue.

I got it working at least! My new 980 can run 8k in Dark Souls 2 at nearly 30fps too which is surprising.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  7. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
    I now that I use GeDoSaTo and Reshade and it works just fine, I am yet to own DS2, but after the late new about it's upcoming patch, I have decided to wait...

8. perseusveil

perseusveil Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 280 3GB
    Could you post your settings for that? It looks amazing.

9. WarpNacelle

WarpNacelle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    I've tried to use reshade/sweetfx/gemfx with Path of Exile on windows 8.1 x64, and none of them so much as load up or produce a log file, anybody have a solution?

10. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    As far as I know, only GeDoSaTo and RadeonPro work with PoE.

11. Casodi

Casodi Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 280X 3GB
    I'm having trouble getting Reshade and sweetfx to work with any game. The Reshade tool crashes when i open it and copying the files manually then renaming the dll results in the game crashing.

12. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Just for reference, that error has nothing to do with naming the DLL d3d11, in fact I highly doubt the game would error or even register that dll is even there if you tried it that way. This error occurs on Win8.1 when using the injector included with SweetFX 1.5.1 (and previous versions) as well as Boulotaur's injector; Using Reshade or Radeonpro for injection would not produce this error.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Oh so that's how it is then, I think I remember that now that you've mentioned it that there was this thing with issues with Windows 8.1 with the changes in the DirectX .dll files having made it so certain older DirectX injectors were rendered incompatible. :)

14. kgonepostl

kgonepostl Member

GPU:
    asus r9 290 dcu II
    Yeah but the reshade beta supports windows 8.1 with directx 8/9/10/11
    You can find the reshade beta here: http://reshade.me/#download

15. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    and how use reshade for examplein resident evil 5?

16. kgonepostl

kgonepostl Member

GPU:
    asus r9 290 dcu II
  17. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    anyone can try reshade with resident evil 5 directx 10 in windows 8.1 64bit
    game crash for me
    thanks

18. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
  19. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I've seen some incredible shots of nice DOF... what settings do I play with to get them working? I have ME 1.0315 and the latest reShade version also.

20. Casodi

Casodi Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 280X 3GB
    MSI afterburner was the problem. I closed it and now i don't get any crashes.