Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Feb 14, 2014.

1. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I haven't played this game in like 6 months, I might give the new patch a go if it's good. Are Greater Rifts still all about rolling the correct mobs and conduit?

2. Pinhead

Pinhead Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Classified GTX 780Ti
    They've--supposedly--greatly improved Grift densities and nerfed the daylights out of the Conduit shrines. The biggest draw is the new Ancient class of legendaries.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    erm... not really, they won't be in 2.1.2. the pylons are getting a slight re-design. Either way, the pylons only came into equation if you really were pushing for really high grifts, talking well over 40.

The major draw for me is the new tier of items, can't wait.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I don't think I've seen a conduit shrine nerf mentioned anywhere, it's more like they're giving the other shrines a boost.

Agreed on the draw, it's definitely the new items.

5. Pinhead

Pinhead Guest

GPU:
    From what my clanmates have told me who are playing the PTR, conduit shrines have been severely nerfed. I don't have any personal experience yet--at least until tomorrow!!!!!!!! :banana:

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ah, you're right, I think there's something in the "what to expect in 2.1.2" patch notes about the Conduit shrine zapper now hitting less enemies or something. Either way, there's not official 2.1.2 patch notes, yet, so we'll see tomorrow.

7. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Conduit shrines needed a nerf tbh, will have to start playing again once this goes live.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Just watched some PTR gameplay, conduit seems to have been nerfed pretty bad, it used to one hit white mobs, more like a 10 hit now. It's not going to be the crazy op pylon equalling gg anymore.

9. Pinhead

Pinhead Guest

GPU:
    That's what I heard also. They've also changed Raekor's so I'm looking forward to testing it out. Single target damage has apparently been improved and I'll still be able to zip all over the screen annihilating mobs. I'm seriously considering taking off work tomorrow lol.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I honestly didn't think you had a job, seeing as you have 22b gold in D3 haha. Gonna go mess with my Barb now, DH's been my main for ages and I miss some Barb action.

11. Pinhead

Pinhead Guest

GPU:
    Lol, I actually work 50+ hrs/wk but enjoy me some D3 after I get home. Raekor's is really the only viable build for higher Grifts and simply blows through regular T6 rifts. Give it a shot, especially if you have a decent Furnace.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Don't have a single Raekor piece, been playing DH religiously for some 300h since RoS. I do like the barb though, it's my second favourite class and I used to play charge barb ages ago when nobody else was doing it :)

I will definitely play some barb tomorrow ;)

13. Pinhead

Pinhead Guest

GPU:
    Raekor's is great fun. Having a Vile Ward is mandatory for the build though. However, a solid Raekor's simply destroys T6 rifts and is the only option for Grifts (above 33 that is).

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I have to say, I'm a little bit annoyed. NA are getting their downtime now, to apply the 2.1.2 patch, EU won't get it till tomorrow morning. Same goes for HotS. I am used to NA getting everything first, but it makes me wonder why Blizz always treat the rest of the world as second class citizens.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  15. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    [​IMG]

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Lol, of course.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Got my Vile Ward today from Kadala, not bad.
    [​IMG]

Also now have 3 pieces of Raekor set, can do T6 pretty easy, 2 more pieces to find, or one and run with my spare RoRG. Having funs :)

18. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    WOW. That is so much better than any of the 6 or 7 Vile Wards I have seen since RoS came out. I was playing the game a ton back then, when Reakor would let you drag the ever loving CRAP out of anything you saw.

It got to a point, after countless 10's of 1000's of shards and Leg/Set salvages, never getting a Furnace, let alone an upgrade, that I realized I would quite literally have more fun banging my head against my brick wall. Each day I got back from work and it was like there was a chore waiting for me, "Ahh crap...I'm going to fall behind my friend at Paragon level 643 if I don't put in 6 hours before bed..." and the last time I touched it was 5 months ago.

I fought for D3 against all of my friends since release day, which we beat the game on with 4 of us, that it would eventually fill the void of D2 LoD. I wish you guys all the luck in the world, but I eventually stopped lying to myself about that. I find that my life is more calm and my heart rate is lower if I just play games that I enjoy these days.

I mean zero offense to any of you still playing D3, this is just kind of my story with it. I thoroughly enjoyed the time my buds and I spent slaying and looting, but the core of this game just feels so empty to me, like it needs to undergo a total breakdown and overhaul by the developers, but they just keep putting tiny bandages (patches) on an open wound.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, that Vile Ward rolled pretty much perfect, happy with that, I don't think I'll find a better one :)

About D3, no offense taken, I still play D2 with Plugy and mess with builds. Also have Grim Dawn installed and PoE. I just love the genre. Might install Titan Quest tonight too :) I guess some are looking for D3 to fill a void in their free time like D2 did. It will never happen, with no game. I just counted my hours played in D3, 845 hours so far, I loved 90% of the time spent in the game.

My luck today, just had a Ramaladni's Gift drop, I'm not wasting this one in a drunken state like I did with my first one haha.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  20. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    ..Been there.