Cooler Master engineers a rotating heatsink

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 9, 2015.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    this was announced what 2 years ago? and just now it licensed by some one? are we actual gona see this retail and with review with in the new 2 years?

I all for quieter and small hsf solutions.

2. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    they can put some kind of protection to avoid people getting their fingers in.

That would suck for cleaning and most people would have to remove it, but eh, its their responsability after doing so :)

3. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Yeah imagine the lawsuits when someone actually severes their finger with it.

Oh well, nonetheless good design. Would love some actual numbers though.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yes cause the common sense that lots people dont seem have. of not sticking there finger in something spinning just dont apply.

Hilbert is there ETA on when this gona go retail and you will be able to review this?, i dont trust white paper spec/numbers

My current HSF setup is still the quiets fan in my system but the heat sink is just huge. the 3 92mm and 1 120mm fan make more noise then it, and gpu fan is defently loud then all other fans.

Then again my cpu fan is running 900 rpm and even other full load it dont go past 63c.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015

5. maize1951

maize1951 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 8GB
    My feelings is it will be just vaporware and will never be introduced, if it is, it will probably cost as much or more than most liquid cooling.

6. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I kind of like the idea. Maybe Cooler Master Will take this idea and expand upon it and make it better. Makes me wonder what the air flow will be like. Maybe this would be good for HTPCs/Itx builds.

7. tigermoth

tigermoth Banned

GPU:
    2x r9 290 amd cards
    I might be wrong but why add a potential problem to a design that gives little benefit.
    I work with boilers and see bearings failing all day long on the fans because of heat turning the Heat resistant silicone grease into a solid paste making the fans cease up and there made for these extream temperatures.

8. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    from what it looks, it seems to be very resistant no?, full metal, almost no maintenance, maybe I can afford one which lasts forever :)

9. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Been wondering when companies where going to start using heat's convection energy to power a device's cooling system.
    Zalman has a fanless radiator/heatsink that uses it's own heat to propel air through it, but I've seen reviews that its really only good for HTPCs, at best.

Either way, good to see tech ideas moving in that direction. There's power available everywhere - we just need to think outside the box to harness & use it. Using your own heat to power your fans is brilliant.

10. GdogAwesome

GdogAwesome Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD Radeon hd 7850
    Hate to tell you this but according to the spec sheet it still uses a motor.

11. main_shoby

main_shoby Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Size may be? this one doesn't look like a transformer lol :D