Official Haswell-E Owner's Den

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by RPGgamesplayer, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Nono06

Nono06 Guest

GPU:
    4080 RTX
    On can try to increase VRIN to ~1.92v to see if it helps. On my side it is set to 1.95v
    What uncore speed do you use for now? default?
    What is your LLC setting? on my side it is set to 8 (out of 10 if I recall correctly) but from one brand to another this could be really different.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    ASUS x-99 Deluxe ( the white one )

i'm not having fun with all the BSODs and currently this MB is reading only 4gb out of 16gb ( 4x4 G.skill quad channel ) , checked that in the Bios Menu

meanwhile CPU-Z is reading 16gb !!!

don't tell me to plug-in those sticks in the correct slots because now they're all in the Recommended slots according to the ASUS manual guide

3. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    My board is ASUS X99-A but when I got it it read only 12GB out of 16. I checked each slot on motherboard and one was not reading. I exchanged the board and now it is all good.

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    in my case changing the slots can get it to read all 16gb , now it's reading 8gb

5. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Happened to me on X58 build turned out to be a bent pin on the socket which obviously related to the IMC on the CPU.

Anyhow gonna tweak a bit more see if I can push some voltages down a little if not pushing on to 4.7ghz 1.35v.

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Now, I got my build list for starts together, only hesitating because of the sh*tload of money I'll put in my next rig. Also, it makes me feel like I'm Intel's, Asus's and Corsair's bitch...

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just get yer wallet out :D

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    EDIT:

Sorted, i was still running on my full whack power option :rolleyes:

:D

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah, I ordered two 980s at amazon yesterday, and as soon as they're in stock, I'll get the rest of the hardware (which looks to be on stock all the time). I just hope the 980s turn up faster than announced, meaning in about three weeks or less...

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Nice :cool:

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hah.... still undecided if I should go and pull the trigger... I guess I'll have to do a coin toss later today to let it decide if I should go ahead. The good thing is, except the gpus everything else is in stock, even the 5930K :D

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Starts a slow chant, pull it, pull it, pull it.......................

:D

15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I did yesterday... stuff should be around and in stock, probably to be delivered on friday, monday the latest... and I nearly sh*t my pants while puking necause of the sum of money I spent. :paranoid:

Good thing is, I got a 25% discount on the 512GB samsung 850 pro for my games, so that discount already helps getting rid for all the shipping costs.

Also, I went for the 3000MHz 4x4GB kit of the Vengeance LPX, as it was only €6 more than the 2800MHz one.

Is there any sense in buying Intel's replacement plan for 25 quid?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015

16. Woomack

Woomack Guest

GPU:
    GB G1 GTX970
    Not really worth it as every CPU issue = CPU replacement. Maybe will be worth if you get 5960X but for sure not cheaper series.
    In real it more depends from you if you will feel good to make RMA on a CPU which you killed during OC. Intel can't really check if it was your fault ( unless there are visible damages outside ) but even if they will then it takes too much time and they replace everything before they actually test it.

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    AS I've bought my CPU at amazon, I hope to do a little oc trial to see if it is a lemon or a good clocker, and propably returning it to amazon for a new one / refund. I was just wondering if it would be any easier with Intel's option.

18. Woomack

Woomack Guest

GPU:
    GB G1 GTX970
    I don't think it will be easier with that Intel plan. It's more like Intel option, not Amazon. If I'm right then this plan will be signed to the CPU and Amazon won't refund it ( I can be wrong here but better check it before you pay ).

19. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    This would be too much effort for me for only a small OC increase.
    The average OC is 4.4 and a good is 4.6. Anything above that is a rare find...unicorn zone.

BTW Have you guys seen the guys women guide to the hot matrix?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Wow my typing is off today... should have slept more than four hours.

I was sceptical about that Intel plan / option anyway, as I'm fairly sure if I kill it with overclocking they still won't refund it / exchange it for a new one. I don't trust them, tbh.