NVidia SLI Guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jul 28, 2013.

1. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Thanks for your help and that list is excellent. :)

But I was more wondering about the auto update of sli profiles and when/if they happen. Cheers.

2. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Hmm, not sure about this.
    Normally I just create my own profiles ;)

I always only install the PhysX software and the graphics driver, nothing else.

3. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    CoD AW flag...

Well I saved myself and I really hope that I will save most of you SLI owners for playing CoD AW(at least until both Nvidia and game devs really fix it)!

I will give you some examples and you will figure out...:

No SLI :
    http://i.imgur.com/C0bhaf7.jpg

Default -AFR
    http://i.imgur.com/g5G923o.jpg

Default -AFR 2 :
    http://i.imgur.com/UHT0mKf.jpg

and now...:

With sli flag 0x080116F5

http://i.imgur.com/4CQ3uev.jpg

Nvidia and their "fix" for at-least-2-years-of-misery-with-SLI...

I hope that flag will give you better/stable/no stuttering gameplay to enjoy.

:smoke:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  4. COD4000

COD4000 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    Do you have to change it to AFR2 too in the AW Profile using that flag ?

5. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Nope,leave it on AFR.

6. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    While your bits did solve the stutter / drops, it seems to have introduced some sort of digital flicker / haze effect on certain objects, might be when motion blurring.

[​IMG]

Man, SLI the last few months has been nothing but a royal pain in the ass.

7. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    No more fluctuating GPU's usage with this profile?

8. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Much more stable, though I need to play more the game to be sure,try it,nothing to lose.

About these weird blurring objects during bots anima, I will investigate it,some more flags( undefined section) needs to be enabled. Haven't see any but haven't play so much so I will be back in this evening and check it out(after work). Here is where -and should- Nvidia would have made the necessary tweaks to these advanced flags for perfect SLI $hit..
    Is your SLI experience -at least- way better than Nvidia's default one?No weird up and downs all the time and the usage is much better,right?

I am with you brother about lack of good sli support/optimizations from Nvidia AND -console-marketing-only game companies....

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  9. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Yes, your SLI bit does remove the weird FPS drops, so it's a better profile. Just need to fix that blurring :)

10. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Sure, i've tried it for a few times last night and it seems more stable as you said, but my gpu's usage are still poor and too variable (they are often 45% / 65% of usage).

11. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Custom sli bits break motion blur. You have to disable ingame motion blur to use those bits. You will have the same result using 0x080040F5 (F6 por 3-way and F1 for 2-way sli). By the way, a few graphics effects are rendered in only one gpu so performance scaling is not perfect yet. A really full sli support patch is needed for that.

12. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    After some digging to "undefined" bits there is no solution to be found from them(at least from my search). Some attributes' values need to be set from "scratch" due to their custom game's engine(new bit values are needed) so masking some objects would be possible.

I have just disable m. blur and play the game (tbh its too much all the time,depends from user's taste..)

13. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Never mind :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  14. ThEMarD85

ThEMarD85 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 Gaming 8G
    Heyyo,

First time poster! Handy thread so I thought I'd join and contirubte. :)

Massive Chalice (Steam version tested, drm-free version is DirectX 9 and doesn't like SLI... of the bits I've tried that is)

SLI compatibility bits (DX1x) = 0x080000F5
    NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on Direct X 10 = SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_DX10_FORCE_AFR

I've tried multiple bits and these ones seem to be the most reliable. They give a decent load on both GPUs and don't have the graphical artifacts of bits like 0x02402005 or the stuttering when scrolling of 0x00000002.

Now... as for those complaining about SLI in games like COD 11 / AW? It's totally a game developer issue... want a prime example?

SLI was working fine in World of Tanks... then Wargaming, the game developers released a patch that changed the way that the game engine (BigWorld Engine) renderer works and the optimized the shadows? I get flickering shadows and artifacting geometry...

Go on Google, search for... for the record bugs in 9.4... I can't post a link, my post count is too low lol, but you'll see broken NVIDIA SLI in World of Tanks... because of a game patch.

I didn't even change my drivers between game patches... same with all the players who WarGaming is claiming "NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFire are not currently supported"... what does that even mean!? They added support in patch 8.4.. "stopped" supporting it... broke it and fixed it in 9.0 after a few micro patches... and "stopped" supporting it in patch 9.4!? WTH!? Makes no sense... so yeah... game developers need to have better Multi-GPU support in general, because this is ridiculous.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  15. DB6870

DB6870 Guest

GPU:
    GTX680 4G ea SLI Surround
    GuruKnight, Great SLI list! Have you or anyone looked at a better SLI profile for Elder Scrolls Online using DX11? The ones NVidia created have stutter as of a few game patches ago in triple wide surround.

16. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Thanks, but I had little to do with the SLI thread here on Guru3D :)
    I mostly post AA, AO and SLI profiles in the respective 3DCenter threads, and then collect the results in my master thread(s):
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=392715
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=556672

As far as Elder Scrolls Online goes, I sadly don't own this game.
    Please report this problem in the 3DCenter SLI thread, and we will see what can be done about it ;)
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=509912

17. DB6870

DB6870 Guest

GPU:
    GTX680 4G ea SLI Surround
    Thank you. I will create an account and post there. :)

18. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    someone suggested a sli bits for dragon age i,but i could not find it,can someone share it again?Thanks a lot

19. fubar2niner

fubar2niner Guest

GPU:
    2x580 GTX / 1536 MB GDDR5
    Anything for Silent Hunter 3, thanks in advance.

Best regards.

fubar2niner

20. MiR4i

MiR4i Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 x2
    Black Desert Online (currently in Korean OBT) uses DX11 and does not require a flag to be set in order to enable SLI -- Just force AFR2 and you're good to go.

Settings
    Working in game

Don't mind the message on the comparison image, I originally created that image for reddit. ;)