Geforce 347.09 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z

Happened to me 2 times last week. One when I was browsing/watching streams other I can't remember.

2. wyldmagik

wyldmagik Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA-1070-FTW
    Don't worry guys!! nvidia mods say its your computer systems at fault and game updates are causing your pc's weak spots to restart gfx drivers and blue screen :D

Although no issues with system instability generally with drivers before the sudden released whql 09's...

I don't see many people shouting at them about the disgusting choice of words and obvious thoughts of superior intellect over people seeing this kind of problem for years with cards.. Its obviously just another softner to keep people buying I guess and we will see new drivers that fix stuff as they release as the norm..

still narks me though the sheer audacity of such people telling us good folk that spent the money on these cards such utter tripe to shut us up.

3. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Honestly, it COULD be my fault for using firefox and I'm aware it had problems with nvidia drivers earlier but they said they fixed it back in 2013. Had something to do with hardware acceleration. But yeah, the fact that it crashed on 347.09 doesn't sound like a coincidence considering others are getting "random" driver crashes as well:3eyes:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  4. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    that's ur gpu card issue or ur installation. i won't buy gigabyte/msi.. so far all driver got no issue!

5. wyldmagik

wyldmagik Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA-1070-FTW
    1) 3dvision? 65"tv's with nvidia gfx cards plugged into their pc's? seriously what is this about?

I will be honest here though, I am not ofay with the whole "gfx card, and 3dtv" thing. Are people actually using huge tv's and pc's together to watch 3d? 0_O Or even with lack of my knowledge it seems I have to ask what is the reason for having this if we can be sold 3d tv's? I don't get what the poster is "wtfing" about at me for.

Anyhow I will move on to more important aspects of his post.

which is...

"probably to not watch movies at the noisy theater with someone like you in it."

^^ terrible, like ME in THEM, heaven forbid I star in a movie. Please stop feeling so attacked, take it like water off a ducks back please. My initial post was about how graphics cards today are becoming so much more with so much little concentration on focused areas of hardware use but more spread over new and fandangled stuff spread thin with resource and q&a trying to please everyone at same time little by little.

Instead of getting back to solid hardware focused for direct applications only. Like it used to be.

6. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    meh

I dont understand the whole 3d hype.

my computer can do it.

my tv can do it.

but I dont use it.

got to put on special glasses to watch a movie a video game?

no thankyou.

I can get into a movie or game just fine without it.

7. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    i only watch the odd programme on my 3dtv, stuff like the cosmos and stuff on discovery channel ect.

watching a whole movie hurts my eyes and 3d games end up looking to blurry for me as i dont have a dvi-d cable so can only run 3d games at 30fps anyway.

anyway back on topic, i had a massive problem with these in windows 8.1 where my card was stuck at full clocks and i only noticed when i started a game and afterburner reported 81c for my gpu

went back to windows 7 for sweetfx in fifa 15 and they run fine

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Did you read the thread and not just the first post? Many posts are recent with exact same problems. It's definitely not a hardware problem. If you for some reason do not have it, it doesn't mean that others do not. It could be even limited to single gpu mode.

As far as I know, this was a problem before that they fixed but now it's back. Only solution at the moment is to use DX9 mode if you have issues.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  9. sean_skroht

sean_skroht Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SC
    That's great! I'm happy for you that you are an enlightened individual that has risen above the need to watch movies in 3D unlike us plebs who have succumbed to this novel and unnecessary marketing hype.

This thread is not about whether you like 3D or not, but a discussion on these latest drivers. Please go parrot your opinion in another thread thanks. Same goes for anyone else tempted to carry on this discussion.

10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Don't forget to report the CTD errors and 3D bugs and any other to nvidia ! I hate having bugs on the one thing I bought this card for , especially now and especially the driver add 3D profiles for some games.

11. sean_skroht

sean_skroht Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SC
    Yup. I submitted a bug report a couple of days ago. Haven't heard anything yet as I assume most would be on holidays at the moment. :)

12. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
  13. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    **** driver, see 4 points of view in Elite using Oculus Rift and control panel doesnt even work.

Sigh, Nvidia for the win on broken drivers, last one ****ed up surround.

14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Nvidia hard update in Windows 8.1 . I don't want to use on my Laptop Asus G751 the 347.09 . better to use 344.75 more stability and no stupid CTD
    [​IMG]

15. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    lol yeah saw that last night, Installed it over my current drivers.. didnt really do anything or change anything so not sure if it already detected that I had the latest

16. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    General question for the experts.. When you select SLI in Nvidia control pannel what option do you select for the physx drop down. I always select GPU2 for my Physx.. Not used as a dedicated card for physx. However, I do select it to use GPU2 while its set in SLI. The reason I ask is because I've been searching for the logos in Hilberts reviews and I notice on all his SLI reviews for physx he always leaves it on CPU in that drop down. Does this offer better performance?

17. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    i set it to gpu2 (non dedi).

18. cotofanacristia

cotofanacristia Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GT520 1GB
    Does this driver have CUDA enabled?

19. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    yes it does, and welcome. :)

20. cotofanacristia

cotofanacristia Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GT520 1GB
    And do I have to use the driver provided IN THIS THREAD, or it is activated in the NVIDIA Experience update program too?