Guru3D Contest 2014 - Win an 8GB AMD Radeon R9 290X

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 24, 2014.

1. mnemo05

mnemo05 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 980Ti AMP! OC
    Wow awesome contest! After years of lurking on this site, finally decided to make an account :)

2. laststop

laststop Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    It's kinda unfair for the people who searched for this logo the first day. As you can basically wait till all the logos are released and look for all of them at the same time instead of re-searching through every article every time a new logo is released. Much less duplicate searching to just wait till all 8 released. Wish I knew that from the start.

3. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Thanks! Good luck everyone! :)

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'll definitely wait it out, it's a pain otherwise. I'm also curious if you need to send a different email for every single giveaway (as in 8 emails?) or you can put all the answers in a single one?

5. Hari_Seldon

Hari_Seldon Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX970 AMP! Extreme
    Each contest has its own email:

contestX@guru3d.com

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Thanks for the info, I should have paid more attention. :O

7. laststop

laststop Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    Maybe give more weight to the entries submitted before other were released since those people are working harder than the 1's waiting for all 8 to come out then just doin a single clickthrough. I've done like 3 full clickthroughs already

8. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    laststop if you have paid attention not all giveaways have the same articles so people still have to look at each single giveaway.

9. Laci

Laci Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    People should read the article carefully, not just to fly over it, everything is explained in the description on the contest announcement page.

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    THX for the chance :D There's always some...

11. leefuji

leefuji Member

GPU:
    GTS 450
    Can't wait to win all 8 Contests and hog all the items :) ...... I kid I kid.

GL everyone and 2015 in T-minus 1 day and a few hours in my case ... Booyaaa!!

Easy on the drinks or else --------> :puke2:

12. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    We all know you just dreaming right I think we all in that fantasy land as well.

13. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It's really not "unfair". This is a fun little treasure hunt is all. Sure, waiting till the end makes it a bit easier to find everything, but you'll still be going through a lot of articles and doing all the work to submit the answers.

At the end of the day, this is free, very expensive stuff for very little effort. No need to whine about it. Everyone has an equal chance once entered, and that's all that matters.

Also, saying the prizes should be given to those who "need" them is laughable self entitlement. This isn't a charity, folks. It's a contest. Anyone with some time and a pulse is allowed to enter.

14. apoklyps3

apoklyps3 Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GA
    may be a dumb question to ask but here it goes:
    should the email sent to contestx@guru3d.com contain any subject?
    the article doesn't mention any so I decided not to put anything in the "subject" box.
    is the mail valid ?

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Done, took me a bit over 1 hour to find all 8 (had to use my middle finger for clicking half way trough). The last one was kind of tricky because... you'll see for yourself if you find it. :p

Good luck everybody! This was a very generous giveaway, so thank you very much Hilbert! :banana:

16. Repins

Repins Guest

GPU:
    GV-N970G1 +100/150
    I enjoyed the contest this year! Thanks for the opportunity. Happy Holidays!

17. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Hah! Good to see that HH has an awesome sense of humor. I suspected something funny for the last contest. I just did the same thing I did every morning. Start on article 1, go through every page one at a time, rinse and repeat. So contest 8 was sort of a surprise but turned up with my brute force method.

I would love to win any of the contests, but even if I don't, I think HH, Guru3D and all the companies who donated these parts deserve a HUGE "THANK YOU" and happy 2015!

18. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Got them all dome..Thanks a millions Hilbert.
    Good Luck ever one and Happy News Years to all.
    P.S. Hilbert I be sure to forword my Doctor Bill to Guru3D, after all clicking through 1972 page now my poor tagger finger is kill me:cry:.

19. Darkiee

Darkiee Master Guru

GPU:
    7900XTX
    Good luck to all.

"IF" i win something, those DDR4 memories should work just well for me. :p

And Happy New Year to all.

20. toniglandyl

toniglandyl Guest

GPU:
    8800GT 512
    Just opted for the gpu & ssd. I would most likely resell the rest so it would be nicer to give others who really need a keyboard a better chance to have one:).