LG To Introduce World's First 21:9 Gaming Monitor and it has AMD FreeSync

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. szakh

szakh Guest

GPU:
    GTX980ti EVGA SC+@1501Mhz
    As I promised myself to bough the first G-Sync/FreeSync Monitor coming with an IPS technology there is now a huge probability for me to switch from NVidia to AMD :D ... Honestly NVidia, couldn't you push a bit monitor manufacturer to produce an IPS G-Sync monitor ? This will be pretty much easier for me :D !!

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Screen Size is OK. Aspect ratio is very nice. Resolution is drivable by current graphics.
    Only question is refresh rate. But as it is LG my guess is 60Hz.

4. 1080p IPS Freesync please.

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    You can't get consistent screen performance at 120hz IPS unless you use IZGO and that pushes the monitors upwards of $1500+.

ASUS talked about this during the PG278Q (ROG Swift) discussion. They initially wanted to do IPS but they said it would push the cost outside the realm of most gamers.

6. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Iiyama ProLite B2888UHSU-B1 is a AMD FreeSync monitor and it TN I didn't see any IPS

More like BS on there on there end as there PG278Q is all ready cost way outside the realm of 75% of the gamer as it is.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  7. szakh

szakh Guest

GPU:
    GTX980ti EVGA SC+@1501Mhz
    Oh, you know, I don't ask for 120Hz in fact, most of the time since I use single GPU and ultra maxxed games, the games are going from 80fps (ultra without AA) max to 40fps (ultra with sgssaa x4)... And this is in the 40fps to 60fps zone that for me G-Sync/FreeSync is the most usefull, so I just ask for a 60hz IPS G-Sync monitor...

8. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Its 60, but with this resolution + Free-sync, should not be a problem on smoothing for gaming.

lets be honest, its not 4K, but it will be hard to "maintain" 100fps . in last games.

9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Well considering they cannot keep up the demand for the monitor I'd say that it's selling well enough. It's been in and out of stock at tons of sites for months now and there are posts everyday on overclock with people looking to buy them.

10. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Well for the informations i have, is they have got much trouble on production side to get the shops who recieve them, without saying the number of RMA who have been made in additions. They was delay on delay for stock every time.

When you have 1 guy who rma 2 monitors in follow for finally get one good and wait months before get them that is a bit different.

( This said, quality seems now have stabilize, and i see less and less peoples speaking about problem with this monitor )

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You are right. But anyway, if they can push 90Hz, it would be good enough for most as other parameters are great. (And 60Hz with G/FreeSync is likely OK too.)
    But on other hand I would prefer 240Hz TN 1080p 24".
    While I love IPS every time i walk around as it does not change color and brightness, when I game, I simply love refresh rate over color.

12. vajoiner

vajoiner Guest

GPU:
    Mystique G200
    since lg did not post the refresh, which would be as large a selling point as freesync, ill assume this is 60hz. bummer. well, lets hope they've at least fixed the backlight bleeding.. but that's not mentioned in article either ;)

13. Deasnutz

Deasnutz Guest

GPU:
    Titan X 12GB
    while i'm looking forward to seeing how FreeSync performs vs Gsync, it's ease of implementation vs. Gsync is awesome and a feature all pc gamers deserve.

I'm sure it will turn into a technical debate on milliseconds and pixel response times that many don't care about.

14. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    l love my Qnix 2710 ips/g oc'ed to 97hz that is 27in monitor. Sure it does not have all fancy osd etc but it is under 300.00 usd purchase and just dam great display at 1440p

15. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    -21:9
    -some sort of sync

After 6 years, I'm interested in display tech again....

16. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    oh god I want this monitor! I'd happily go down from UHD to 3440 for this aspect and size plus freesync!

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Hilbert. Any chance you can do a review of this monitor when it becomes available?

18. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    Exactly this please.

19. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    similar monitor i just bought too lol, except i got the 25£ model since i have limited room so 34" would have taken up alot of room. But i low the ultra wide screen format freaking amazing.