ReShade - Advanced post-processing everywhere (SweetFX)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by CeeJay.dk, Nov 30, 2014.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4982720&highlight=depth+field#post4982720

That info should work to combine other .fx shader files with ReShade. :)

Haven't yet tested ReShade much myself (Conflicts with MSI Afterburner which causes a crash, or rather it's "RTSS" add-on thing.) but I'll solve that compatibility issue eventually.
    (Though the only thing I'm currently using and most interested in is the improved SMAA so I'm in no hurry.)

2. McSwingles

McSwingles Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 980M
    1. What if there is a .dll of which reshade already uses by the same name in the game's folder defaultly? Should it be coded so that the reshade dll becomes a more unique filename?

2. Or is it possible to make the .dll hold all versions of the .dll and have the .dll automatically choose which directx/opengl it uses to reduce even more user interaction?

3. Do standard users have to deal with the UAC prompt all the time (prevents autostarts and smooth frontend interactions) like msiafterburner and gedosato?

4. Lastly, does autodetect read process names and places all settings in the game's exe named folder? Because if it did, it'll make things more smoother (pc is in the shop, not able to test yet).

3. superkickstart

superkickstart Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780
    Magical :nerd:

4. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    Got it working, fixed in the next beta build.

Left ALT toggles the depthbuffer visualization in the SweetFX pack. You can change that in SweetFX\ReShade_settings.txt =)

Mmh, thanks for telling. Something seems to crash the D3D8 wrapper under certain conditions, this is not the first game that happened in. I'll investigate that.

Something very strange is going on there, "ResizeBuffers" doesn't fail, but still ReShade does not reinitialize the renderer afterwards... I'll investigate this, thanks for notifying.

Currently under construction, yeah. And such an update feature is on the TODO list, but I'm more focused on fixing all the issues the beta revealed right now.

The game going dark thing is a problem with gamma correction and we currently believe its a bug with the SweetFX shaders rather than ReShade itself.

SweetFX\ReShade_settings.txt

Thanks. Tracelog probably doesn't help right now, I'm trying a few things, maybe that gets it fixed in an upcoming beta build.

Thank you =)

ReShade somehow has to be loaded by the game, the way it was written makes it unimportant how the DLL is called, so if there already is a DLL with one of the names in the game directory you could try another one and hope that the game loads that one too or simply use an injector tool which adds ReShade to the process as soon as the game started (you can use the ENB injector executable to inject ReShade for instance).

ReShade does exactly that.

ReShade itself does not depend on any UAC secured stuff, so no prompt to worry about. The ReShade setup tool which does is just for convenience, it is in no way required (if the autodetection fails or displays something different from what you would expect, that is no problem at all, a manual installation does the same) and doesn't do anything special you can't do manually yourself. It requires admin rights because most games have their executables in the program files folder, which is secured by UAC.

The setup tries to find a DLL name ReShade supports the game loads. It does that in two ways:
    1. Reads the executables PE import directory and searches for a known name. If that doesn't produce any result:
    2. Executes the game for a few seconds and analyzes the process, reading the loaded modules list and again tries to find something useful there.
    If those two fail, setup errors saying that autodetection failed. If it found something that's used for installation.

---

Sorry if I missed somebody. There were a lot of questions and reports to go through since my last reply. Bear with me =)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014

5. McSwingles

McSwingles Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 980M
    Sweet! Thanks for answers!

6. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
    Yeah, thank you...

7. PotatoeSkin

PotatoeSkin Guest

GPU:
    16GB
    Been trying to get it to work with GTASA for the past hour. I used the ReShade setup file to install it it failed to autodetect so I just choose the Direct3D9 option instead. It said it was a success and installed but when I try run the game it says that GTA SA requires DirectX version 9.0. d3d9.dll is created in the GTASA directory. I tried it with the dxgi.dll renaming the 32-bit reshade DLL and the game ran fine but it doesn't look like ReShade was loaded at all

I'm using this alongside Marty's MasterEffect package for ReShade.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  8. TheLionzHeart1

TheLionzHeart1 Member

GPU:
    @Crosire in regards to getting ReShade to work with Path of Exile.

When Path of Exile first launched the old FXAAtool injector worked perfectly, then a few patches later the only way was to inject SweetFX was via RadeonPro, then a few patches later even that didn't work; and now nobody has been able to use any injectors with it since. It would be a dream come true if SweetFX was once again usable with this game; IMHO it is needed badly to improve the lackluster graphics.

Here are some screenshots showing in-game settings (I set everything on low to avoid any in-game conflicts with ReShade), and a manual install of ReShade+SweetFX. ReShade is totally ignoring this game for some reason. Or vice versa.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    Oh dear goodness, it's work beautiful with PES2015 :banana:

Vanilla:
    [​IMG]
    ReShade:
    [​IMG]

The Amazing CR7 :D :D
    Vanilla:
    [​IMG]
    ReShade:
    [​IMG]

Messy :D
    [​IMG]

Thank you... thank you... and thank you again for your amazing work Crosire!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  10. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I still get the exact same errors.

Has anyone gotten MasterEffect Reborn to work in AC: Unity?

Natty.Dread on Flickr seems to have the same problem with DX11 games:

11. jpm1

jpm1 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 2 gig
    Hi , i have a small prob with that thing . globally it works perfectly with all my games but i have problems with one game . it's a game that runs natively in OpenGL , yeah i know SFX doesn't support this . the thing is that some people managed to use SFX in that game . the game is called FS 15 (farming simulator 2015) . it has three exe one for the launcher in main folder (Steam) and 2 other exe for both x86 and x64 versions in separate folders . i tried to edit my game xml with a tip given by the devs but it didn't work . i tried to force the game to run in DirectX using dxcpl.exe too but that didn't work neither . i tried all single possible thing and i'm quite stuck right now , any ideas ? the game looks great with SFX i wish i could test this soon

12. kgonepostl

kgonepostl Member

GPU:
    asus r9 290 dcu II
    In Crysis 2, sweetfx resizes the game window super small, and then crashes. Here's the log file. I posted it on pastbin out of courtesy. Keep up the great work guys! This is awesome for a beta. Really glad that you're teaming up with the GemFX guy too. I got a lot of stuff for Christmas, but this is by far the best present!!@@!!! Here's the dump:

http://pastebin.com/tdSNrLNZ

Edit: I uninstalled re-shade and game booted up just fine.

13. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
    For those who care, Linchbom Battemage shows black videos using Reshade. It uses Cry Engine.

14. BlankM

BlankM Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    Do you know what could possibly fix my problem? I used an older SweetFx with RadeonPro for PSO2, however now that I have used Reshade with PPSSPP my pso2 no longer gets hooked by RadeonPro. There are no installations in my PSo2 folder, and coincidentally reshade will not start when radeonpro is booted. Are there any files or services they could share? Something I could uninstall so radeonpro hooks to my PSO2 again? Thanks!

15. megamawman

megamawman Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970m
    Borderlands 2 almost works. I am running into a few issues though. Everything works...except for the depth of field. The problem is that it is not recognizing the HUD. It seems that it doesn't even realize that it is there. The Depth of Field therefore blurs it if the area behind it is blurred. If the area behind it is not blurred, it does not blur it. As simple as that. I have tried playing with the settings a lot but nothing is working except disabling it entirely. I have tried 4 different depth of fields. The depthbuffer (whatever the alt key does) doesn't recognize it either.

16. kgonepostl

kgonepostl Member

GPU:
    asus r9 290 dcu II
    I think there might be a problem with the crytek engine (crysis games). Crysis 2 crashes on boot and it will not not load at all on crysis warhead. I'll test crysis 1 and crysis 3 tomorrow. Thanks again, cya.

17. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    At this stage and considering it is a "generic" depth buffer, it is normal. Because in order to apply it efficiently some HUD elements need to be by-passed. RAGE and few other games have the same problem as well, as a workaround you might want to give manual DoF a try. Although I know that it is possible to by-pass HUD elements by their hash codes as in gedosato, it is currently unsupported in Reshade. And this is why DoF and similar shaders are currently "experimental".

Edit: Some great news...

Although MPC-HC has a limited built-in shader support, did you know that you can inject Reshade into MPC-HC thanks to ENB injector? Also SMAA and FXAA works as well. But I don't think it has much use because video compression already destroys most of the aliasing. And it is not only limited to MPC-HC, any software that uses D3D/OpenGL api should work with Reshade. Anyway, I'm happy because now I don't have to waste time with porting each shader to MPC-HC. Enjoy! :)

[​IMG]

18. Scorpio82Co

Scorpio82Co Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 8GB
  19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Works great in Shadow of Mordor - except that depth buffer shows only blackness (almost darkness - you need decent monitor to spot the difference). Not a huge loss.

20. kgonepostl

kgonepostl Member

GPU:
    asus r9 290 dcu II
    Here's the dump file for crysis warhead. SweetFX just won't load, which is WEIRD, because there's zero errors in the dump file. But anyway here you go, hope you find this helpfull:

http://pastebin.com/wd3hBGuh