Assassin's Creed Unity

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shafat777

shafat777 Active Member

GPU:
    2x Gtx 980 SC 4GB SLI
    Ummmmmmm, you can get a cracked v1.3 acu.exe from gamecopyworld.com and paste it on top of patch 1.4 exe (just a suggestion). Fortunately I made a copy of my v1.3 exe before patching to 1.4.

If you run though Ufail (uplay) then it might not work as the stupid software may update it as soon as it detects v1.3 exe.

2. jujuom26

jujuom26 Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 670 GIGABYTE O/C
    I have still stuttering with the last upadte wtf
    and still this terrible lod :(

3. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    For our cards it´s a disaster, even with the horrible low textures it will start to stutter badly after a while. I have it on hold until they fix this unfinished mess or nvidia/amd make a gtx660 sucessor with tons of vram worth buying. There is still hope, UbiKiev somehow managed to fix GR Future Soldier after 6 months, and Ubi also fixed watch dogs (after six months too :3eyes: it´s like they wait for new graduated kids :uhoh:) .

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  4. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    30fps @1080p is the cinematic standard for Ubisoft so anyone getting more than that is lucky :D

5. EvoHavok

EvoHavok Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 770M 3 GB
    So doing the "Queens's Necklace" cafe quest, I'm at the step "locate the smugglers" (the one after talking to the first NPC and then stealing that item from a guard) and I can't complete it cuz the game either crashes or leaves my character frozen when going in various directions. Is there a safe route to reach that mission point?
    Patch 1.4.0 here.

6. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Have you tried running the game at adaptive v-sync half speed? The game is actually increadibly smooth then, despite being 30 fps.

7. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    30s suck..can't understand why people say that it feels smooth playing on 30fps only (no offence). Well,maybe with heavy motion blur could be..some fun(like movies..)

8. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Because it is a scientific fact the human eye can only see 30 fps, and it also can't see anymore pixels than retina resolution (why do you think apple called it retina). If your framerate goes any higher than 30 fps your eyes will start seeing tearing, unless you buy g-sync.

[​IMG]

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Because a solid 30fps is smoother than an unstable 60.

10. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Indeed - lower fps with constant frametimes will almost always be more smooth than higher fps with uneven frametimes. So if you have 60 fps, but frametimes bouncing between 10 and 50 ms, then it will seem alot more stuttery, than 30 fps with constant 33 ms frametimes.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    So how does crossfire work in this game?

I saw some video 7950 in crossfire but both his cards aren't being fully utilized but he did get 40-60fps.

12. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I was taking the mickey out of Ubisoft about the cinematic 30fps. The game runs about 50-60fps for me @1080p. I might try 1/3 adaptive vsync (40fps on my 120hz monitor) and add some DSR.

13. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    I noticed that the flickering is in relation with the filtration. When I set to FXAA flickering almost disappeared and set to msaa-4x flickering get more apparent.

14. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    this = lol

15. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Btw ive done some testing, and it appears that at least on win 7, this games runs alot better with hyperthreading disabled - frametime variences become much reduced.

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Indeed. A lot of people experiencing stuttering in this game, and even DAI are likely using Windows 7..

Windows 7 is a slug compared to Windows 8.1. Windows 8.1 is a far superior OS, and not just for gaming either..

17. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Yeah... its just a shame that i dislike win 8.1 so much (have it on my 2nd comp)

Crossing fingers that win 10 will not be another tablet OS, that windows tries to force on desktop users.

18. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I've seen reports of stuttering even on Windows 8.1 unfortunately.
    I also wonder how could an OS mitigate stuttering, I believe the asset streaming system is to blame. It does not stutter at all (never has), running the game off my SSD if that matters.

19. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Windows 8.1 is a better gaming OS than Windows 7 because of how it handles resources. It's more effective at using the CPU, GPU and RAM.

The updated driver model for Windows 8.1 is also much better than the one in Windows 7. All of this is cumulative for optimizing performance and reducing hitching and stuttering..

You're also right that hardware has a big part to play in it as well, ie SSD, VRAM amount in particular.

20. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Watch out, or all the trolls on guru3d will attack you... even mentioning that lack of vram causes stutter, will get all the caves empty...

But i absolutely agree with you. I also noticed that the shared memory (aka system memory used by the gpu's, cause the vram is full) used with the latest driver and game version, had significantly been reduced (from about 700 mb to about 100), which obviously helps alot on reducing stutter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.