MSI Afterburner 4.1.0 Official(2014-Dec-22)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 22, 2014.

1. smut

smut Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    Unwinder! This is such an awesome version of MSI Afterburner, I love all the new features and I really like the new skin scaling feature, good job! :)

And thank you to Drerex for his new skins. I hope you will release a minimalist skin but that is easy to read! A lot of users have been asking for a minimalist skin for awhile, thank you in advance if you can work on that.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  2. Drerex

Drerex Member

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 3090
    Thanks bud. I minimalist skin will be done in the near future. In the queue that is. Thanks for your input.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

A bit of LOLing:

"I would like so much to EVGA improve precision during 2015 because it's my favorite software with nicest skin, unique but I see now AB copy EVGA Precision X skin with clocks where you can see everything."

Jacob, greedy guy, you and your "fair" company have stolen about $10-20K from Precision X 4.2.1 royalty fees during 2014. If you didn't donate it on charity yet in hope to fix your karma, probably you guys can use that money to hire some real programmer at last and make your hardcore fans happy?
    And talking about making our users happy, I'm happy to announce that we extended AB development contract with MSI till 2017. So MSI Afterburner will continue evolving and stressing the competitors during the next years. Stay tuned!

4. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Good to hear about extension and happy new year to ya.

5. buhzy

buhzy Member

GPU:
    Msi rtx 2070 super
    only windows defender and firewall

6. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    No complaints. Seems to be working fine. Enjoying the new stuff, and I appreciate the work behind this.

I have a question though, would it be something really difficult to add directshow output?

Right now there is currently only one program that can take a full screen game and use directshow as an output. (Dxtory). This is pretty much the only seriously useful feature in Dxtory, and I was wondering if something like that could be implemented in Afterburner?

Just a question, and I understand that MSI pays the bills and if they don't pay for implementation of something like that, than typically it doesn't get implemented...unless it intrigues Sidewinder.

Well, Sidewinder is something like that intriguing?

The directshow output feature in Dxtory allows you take the full screen game capture and import it directly into something else like OBS or X-split with pretty much zero performance hit, and it doesn't break SLI or crossfire in the process. It also allows programs that normally can't capture and stream full screen games, to be able to now do it (FF-Split for instance).

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    oh that's a lol moment for sure

great news on the extension enjoy your new year alex :nerd:

8. smut

smut Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    Awesome news! If you would like me to help beta test and give feedback on the minimalist skin when you start working on it, I'd love to help! :)

9. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Ugh, nasty looking skin. I swear they spend more time working on the GUI aesthetics than actual usability and stability.

If I wanted to look at something like Precision X, I'd actually use Precision X.

10. Unwinder

I swear it is EASY to read the release notes to see what they were working on in new version instead of making nonsense claims. There are about 30 items in changes list for 4.1.0 and RTSS 6.3.0. New skin is just one of them.

11. Unwinder

A bit more smiling related to our competitors:

"You would need to be using PrecX for Kboost. That's an EVGA feature with their software."

About 10 years ago we released RivaTuner v2.0 RC15 (release date is 28.06.2004) with the following unique feature for hardcore NVIDIA overclockers:

"- Added 'Force constant performance level' option allowing you to force your graphics card to work at one constant performance level and disable 2D / low power 3D / 3D modes switching. Take a note that it will also disable throttling, so use this option with extreme caution only if you perfectly understand what are you doing. This option is also locked by default, power users may unlock it with EnablePerfLevelForcing registry entry."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was a registry tweak which I discovered during analyzing NVIDIA 2D/3D clock control path in NVIDIA driver. And that was the feature that many reviewers and users were using to lock clocks/voltages at the maximum performance level. And that's exactly what some vendor tried to resurrect under "exclusive" KBOOST marketing name ;)
    And surprise, but you can get this functionality in AB too if you simply use it with EXP15/EPX6 skins.
    In fact, you even don't need AB, EPX or anything else besides registry editor to force constant performance on NVIDIA cards. The registry keys controlling that are also explained in many online tutorials, e.g. here.
    Bye bye KBOOST mystery. ;)

12. mitil

mitil Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 670 OC
    niceeee

13. Unwinder

14. WhyNot

WhyNot New Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 295x2
    Just wanted to say thank you for adding in the option to (re-)invert the text color on the Logitech G19 LCD. (While not the full-featured version of my suggestion [see "forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4933443&postcount=1883"], this is an appreciated improvement.)

15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Happy new years you guys

16. Unwinder

Happy New Year! ;)

17. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Happy new year Guru3d ! ;D

18. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Happy new year, guys!
    Let us see what will improved in this year! :D

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Neither of those have the ability to "sandbox". Is UAC enabled? If so, disable it and try again.

Great news. Seems my decision to stay with MSI for graphics was a good one.

20. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    I get any benefit if i i leave low-level IO driver ?
    Also can i get mixed colors in OSD ?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015