Battlefield 4 - Part 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Was it a stretched texture.. that looked spikey at one end? if so I saw the same thing yesterday... and my video card is fine.

Your video card is most likely fine.

See if you have any corrupt files in BF4.. right click BF4 in origin and click "repair game".. it will scan BF4 for missing or corrupt files.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    The texture was brown and the spikes were pointing in all directions pulsating.

I repaired the game and it didn't show any files being corrupt.

Maybe it's just some weird anomaly in the game? Or something wrong with my computer...

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What you described I saw yesterday.. if you have only seen this happen in this specific game, then it is this game and not your video card.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Yeah, I was thinking that was most likely case.

Well, it's a relief knowing that someone else with completely different spec's has also experienced this issue.

5. topcat77

topcat77 Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gaming 6900xt
    I'm wanting to buy BF4 premium . What are some of the advantages premium offers over the standard game?

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I just purchased premium a few days ago... you get so many new maps to play on... some of the new maps are really good.. and you get new weapons..

Then there is being able to rank up higher, and you get more assignments.

BATTLEPACKS.... BATTLEPACKS FUXING EVERYWHERE.....

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    To me it was more weapons to unlock. :)

8. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Hmmm, going from 1.2 K/D towards 2-2.5, after removing v-sync and playing with squad mates.

Medic makes HUGE impact on your game, and especially squads performance. Sad no one plays that role properly when not playing with friends :/

9. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    You get a load of new maps (via all the map packs), a load of new modes (from the map packs) and lots and lots of battlepacks that contain various things (skins, kit unlocks, XP boosts, dog tags etc). I bought it yesterday and i got 52 battlepacks, at least 40 or so are gold level battlepacks.

You can grab it off the Mexican origin store right now at $17.49 (its 50% off)..

10. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Revive is the only useful thing they can do anymore sadly. Still don't understand why they nerfed medpacks so bad, it completely puts me off playing the game sometimes, and I love BF4.

11. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Dice admitted that they went too far with the medbags. The are going to adjust it again in the next patch probably.

12. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Hope so. As no one is playing with them anymore.

I used to be revived in BF3 constantly, but I have literally been revived like 10 times in bf4, by non friends. And I have now played close to 200hrs :D

13. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Reviving was awesome in BF2! I never played BF3 but I played BF4, and reviving was ****.

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I use Adobe Premiere, works like a charm and you can still export the final footage at 60 fps (don't use frameblending though, it completely ruins the whole idea behind 60 fps gameplay footage imo).

I only have 8GB ram atm so I'm rather limited to recording just epic small actions.

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I'm nearing 300H played.

Still have lots of things to unlock, mainly battlepacks for some weapons.

I just got coyote for the LSAT, and it's my favorite LMG atm, it's super easy to get headshots with it so i prefer it over others with higher fire rate.

EDIT: Really? Did they get hacked? dammit, i need to spend Christmas on the Battlefield. :bang:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    so ive had my christmas dinner, opened presents and thought i can have few games of battlefield now!

EA and their servers thought otherwise! Great!

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Looks like a hacking group brought it down along with PSN and Xbox Live.

18. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    So I installed BF3 to try it out after only playing BF4 for a long time and man, so many things are better in BF3:

-People actually die when you shoot them, you don't need five million bullets.

-You can feel every hit, you don't just mysteriously drop dead after 1 or 2 hits

-Sound is much better, with the war tapes setting it feels way more immersive than BF4

-The graphics are better, not everything but the lighting just looks better somehow.

With that said, mouse controls feel better in BF4, and ADS has a very awkward zoom in BF3. Also there seems to be more hackers in BF3 now.

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Yeah it is isn't it?

But i've played way more BF4 then 3, i think i only got around 150 hours in BF3, and i got 284 hours in BF4.

I still sometimes die behind corners, and dying mysteriously 1-2 hits also, that's the 2 things that bother me the most.

20. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Well,the aim assist for PC is in tests right now on CTE,the next "natural step" for Battlefield franchise.